Domain Empire

domain What do you think about these domain names?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

simotaqi

Established Member
Impact
Hello,

I'm a newbie in the domain name industry, I just started this month selling interesting domain names, and still looking a buyer... I already parked them on sedo.com.

My list is :

1. HealthCarin.com
2. LoansOx.com
3. TravelOnBoard.com
4. InsuringHand.com
5. Learners.me

I just bought this domain names last week, and I don't know if they are any rewarding, I think the first 3 are good (and maybe premium) , I'm not sure for the two others.

What do you think ?

Thanks,

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
none are worthy of renewal fee

imo....

•••
I think they're like the tens of thousands of domains that drop every day and leave people wondering why they were registered in the first place.

They're word soup domains that mean nothing. If English is not your first language, you should stick with what you know.

•••
Thank you guys for your replies, I really appreciate your help.

I think they're like the tens of thousands of domains that drop every day and leave people wondering why they were registered in the first place.

They're word soup domains that mean nothing. If English is not your first language, you should stick with what you know.

@TheNewGuy , Yeah.. I'm not a native english speaker, but I do know what "Travel On-board", "Health Caring" mean. And by the way, Health Caring term (with ing) is used by many websites online.

And yes, I also know that in the informal english , healthcarin' does also exist, this's why I registred this domain name in the first place. You're right, Most good looking domain names can be worthless, But nothing is better than trying your chance when faced with such a single word like "healthcaring" or " healthcarin' ".

Also, I don't understand what's wrong with TravelOnboard, this term is common. There's also a company with the domain name onboardtravel.co.za .

For insuringhand, ... This is english or Am I wrong? It's far from being a premium domain name, but I think it can have a chance with a $x,xxx range sale.

Thank you again ...

•••
The problem is that while some of your domains contain words that are sometimes used in some ways, they're never used in the ways you registered. That's why when I pick up a foreign language domain I stick to single words or something simple that can't get wrong.

Your list:
1. HealthCarin.com - Nobody says "health caring". And this reads like 'Health Car In"
2. LoansOx.com - Might be something for branding with the singular form, but plural is worthless. Reads like "Loan Sox".
3. TravelOnBoard.com - On board what? Doesn't make sense.
4. InsuringHand.com - Maybe you're trying to take "helping hand" and apply it to insurance? In english adding "hand" usually means something that is given to you. Since you buy insurance and it's not given to you, it doesn't work.
5. Learners.me - You're using the .me to refer back to the personal, but nobody says "learners me" or even "learner me". Maybe you're equating "learn" to be the same thing as "teach" based on some sort of reference source? "Teach.me" would be a great domain name. "Learners.me" has zero value.

•••
The new Guy,

I completely agree with you... Bravo !

For Learners.me, I didn't intend to consider the "me" as a pronoun... Even I regreted to register it in the first place, I just posted it here to make sure.

BTW, my native language is Tamazight (Aka Berber) , it's not even used online :p

•••
I also have two other domain names I didn't mention.

1. Freespoke.com ( I don't want to sell it)
2. Everythin9.com (I don't like it)

I don't like everythin9.com because it uses digits... actually, I used it first for my blog, then decided to park it.

•••
None of your domains are premium. They are below reg fee. The hard thing is when English is not your main language a lot of words can come out wrong. Honestly dont by any other names until you do much much much more research the next set of domains you "think are premium"

•••
Premium, by definition, excludes any domain that has been recently hand registered or acquired for a few dollars resale. I know that in practice, the word "premium" is tacked onto every worthless name somebody wants to sell, but there are no premium domains available to be hand registered - ever.

Some hand regs may grow into premium names after several years, but it takes a fair bit of talent (and some luck) to pick those out with any regularity.

If you are not completely comfortable with English, you should stick to very narrow parameters, and try not to get creative. Find words/phrases that are used by many companies (not just one - there's always one, and usually it's some small struggling business), and that have a clear meaning, or are heavily searched by buyers. Don't play with the order of the words or with less common synonyms that may be available. That's what I do with any language I am not fluent in.

•••
•••
there is a separate Domain appraisals section, you should have posted it there instead

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back