Saw - 1500$

BooksTip (.com)
9 years (2013)
Exact search global volume - 2.9K
CPC = 0.44$
GD Appraisal - 1297$
Nameworth - 7450$
Estibot thought it's "book stip" so it gave it 100$

Can you please help me with evaluating my first domains?
Not sure about them.
Any evaluation can help me a lot!

TheRentalCars (.com)
18 years (2004)
Exact search global volume (rental cars) - 5M
CPC = 3.39$
GD Appraisal - 1278$
Estibot - 560$
Saw - 1000$

The following seem to be weaker, but not sure if to go for GD auction or BIN and in what price?

WowChats (.com)
9 years (2013)
GD Appraisal - 1276$
Saw - 700$

WoodenSupplier (.com)
<1 year (2021)
GD Appraisal - 1276$
Saw - 700$

Thank you very much!

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
HomeForMoms has a nice ring to it. The rest of them I would not want if you gave them to me for 0. Domaining is a tough nut to crack. If you stick with it, it can be rewarding. Make your mistakes and learn. Remember every monies that go to register cheap name could be grouped with other monies to buy a better older name.

•••
HomeForMoms has a nice ring to it. The rest of them I would not want if you gave them to me for 0. Domaining is a tough nut to crack. If you stick with it, it can be rewarding. Make your mistakes and learn. Remember every monies that go to register cheap name could be grouped with other monies to buy a better older name.
Thank you very much!
I'm surprised for the rest haha but as you said - make your mistakes and learn!

How much should I ask for HomeForMoms?

•••
And how much can I sell the others?

•••
I've seen worse (I've regged worse), considering they're your first. Take a chance pricing the "cars" domain Low / Mid XXX. If I had to pick one, probably the best one here. As for the others...if you are to put a BIN on them keep it Low XXX and under. Tough domains, but I don't want to be too critical. Best of luck

•••
I've seen worse (I've regged worse), considering they're your first. Take a chance pricing the "cars" domain Low / Mid XXX. If I had to pick one, probably the best one here. As for the others...if you are to put a BIN on them keep it Low XXX and under. Tough domains, but I don't want to be too critical. Best of luck
Thank you very much!
You made me more optimistic :)!

•••
Thank you very much!
I'm surprised for the rest haha but as you said - make your mistakes and learn!

How much should I ask for HomeForMoms?

Much to my chagrin I will say . . . Set up a Godaddy dot com account. Pay the $4.99 annual fee to buy and sell in their auctions. Set up a 7 day auction. Let it run and see what it sells for. I would set the starting price at $20. I believe $20 is minimum, but I may be confusing myself some. Someone will clarify. I think that if you set you start price at 4x-5x domain acquisition cost, every domain you sold would be a profit. Likely a domain flipper dealing with other domainers taking this approach.

I think non profit sector is one sector to look at for this domain. Good luck.

•••
Much to my chagrin I will say . . . Set up a Godaddy dot com account. Pay the $4.99 annual fee to buy and sell in their auctions. Set up a 7 day auction. Let it run and see what it sells for. I would set the starting price at $20. I believe $20 is minimum, but I may be confusing myself some. Someone will clarify. I think that if you set you start price at 4x-5x domain acquisition cost, every domain you sold would be a profit. Likely a domain flipper dealing with other domainers taking this approach.

I think non profit sector is one sector to look at for this domain. Good luck.
Thank you very much!

•••
interesting.....HomeforDads.com is unregistered...........anybody going for it?

•••
interesting.....HomeforDads.com is unregistered...........anybody going for it?
So do you like HomeForMoms? How much should I ask for it?

•••
So do you like HomeForMoms? How much should I ask for it?
Lets put it this way. Depends on what the use of the domain is imo. HomeforMom.com is selling for close to 150000 (at least that is what the seller wants and might be a little ridiculous.) But who knows. I would price your domain at $1500 and maybe, just maybe someone will find yours and buy it instantly considering the competetion.)

•••
Lets put it this way. Depends on what the use of the domain is imo. HomeforMom.com is selling for close to 150000 (at least that is what the seller wants and might be a little ridiculous.) But who knows. I would price your domain at $1500 and maybe, just maybe someone will find yours and buy it instantly considering the competetion.)
Got it!
Thank you very much!

•••
Got it!
Thank you very much!
HomeforMom domain sounds like it would be used for group motherly senior citizen (possibly " final " home) arrangement ; HomeforMoms (your domain) sounds like it use would a place where young, homeless unwed mothers need somewhere to go. Your choice where to go with this to market its perceived use. But this my opinion.

•••
HomeforMom domain sounds like it would be used for group motherly senior citizen (possibly " final " home) arrangement ; HomeforMoms (your domain) sounds like it use would a place where young, homeless unwed mothers need somewhere to go. Your choice where to go with this to market its perceived use. But this my opinion.
Ok, great!!!

•••
TheRentalCars.com = High-xx to Mid-xxx

•••
Therentalcars is probably the best of the bunch.

Wowchats is fine, but a) in this case singular is way better; b) chat is a small industry and often they don't even use chat in their name

Wooden supplier: wood supplier would be meaningful. Wooden about a supplier sounds offensive

•••
•••
Therentalcars is probably the best of the bunch.

Wowchats is fine, but a) in this case singular is way better; b) chat is a small industry and often they don't even use chat in their name

Wooden supplier: wood supplier would be meaningful. Wooden about a supplier sounds offensive
Thank you very much!
How much should I ask for therentalcars?

•••
Thank you very much!
How much should I ask for therentalcars?

I'd put both TheRentalCars.com and WowChats.com at $1200 to 1900 range. Generally, avoid registering names that you don't think someone would pay over $2k.

General rule of thumb is that you need 100 names to make 1 sale (Passively. Not guaranteed. To normalize around the rule you need many thousands of names usually).

900$ of that sale would go towards renewals.

Depending on your investment amount to get those 100 names and your return requirements that takes into account your alternatives and the riskiness of the business, your average pricing needs to be in $2k to 3k range, assuming that the names are of the quality that it makes sense to pay that much for that (ignoring the warped world of web3+).

•••
I'd put both TheRentalCars.com and WowChats.com at $1200 to 1900 range. Generally, avoid registering names that you don't think someone would pay over $2k.

General rule of thumb is that you need 100 names to make 1 sale (Passively. Not guaranteed. To normalize around the rule you need many thousands of names usually).

900$ of that sale would go towards renewals.

Depending on your investment amount to get those 100 names and your return requirements that takes into account your alternatives and the riskiness of the business, your average pricing needs to be in $2k to 3k range, assuming that the names are of the quality that it makes sense to pay that much for that (ignoring the warped world of web3+).
Ok, perfect.
Thank you very much!!!

•••
When registering names, think about businesses that can put it to use. Which brings me to my point, HomeForMoms, I can't seem to think of any business for it.

I think the best name on the list is TheRentalCars.com which can be priced in the low xxxx.

PS:
You should read the rules guiding the appraisal section. I think each appraisal is limited to two names.

•••
A Place For Mom
https://www.aplaceformom.com/home-care

Pretty well established directory.
It would be very expensive to compete.
Goog "a home for mom" and the above link is #1

Good luck.

Peace,
Kenny

Last edited:
•••
A Place For Mom
https://www.aplaceformom.com/home-care

Pretty well established directory.
Would cost a lot to compete.
Goog "a home for mom" and the above link is #1

Good luck.

Peace,
Kenny
I don't understand. Are you saying your domain is valuable because of one Google search result?

If that website you quoted is anything to go by, elderlyhomes.com would be an ideal domain for them. My opinion about HomeForMoms hasn't changed. I don't think it has much value, if there is any at all.

•••
Hello PurpleMan,

I agree. What I was pointing out was there already is an established (not mine) directory site and anyone who tried to build a site on the OP's domain would have a hard / and expensive time competing.

Peace,
Kenny

•••
When registering names, think about businesses that can put it to use. Which brings me to my point, HomeForMoms, I can't seem to think of any business for it.

I think the best name on the list is TheRentalCars.com which can be priced in the low xxxx.

PS:
You should read the rules guiding the appraisal section. I think each appraisal is limited to two names.
I see.
I didn't know about the rules. I'll read them now...
Thank you very much!!!

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back