Domain Empire

discuss What Do Domainers Gain By Ignoring?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
If you are in domaining for sales of your domains, what do you gain by ignoring emails requesting if a domain name is for sale?

Will you eat your domain? I do not understand this sick attitude from some of you!

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
If i had seen it listed, I would make an offer.

Then make that offer by email. If the owner is interested in your offer, he/she will respond to you.
As everything has a price in this life, just make your offer and see what happens.
A good offer will "wake up" the owner, if he or she is really reading your email.
I don't see where's the problem.

Last edited:
•••
Keep in mind... when you open with a sales question, answering gives a go ahead for 'the pitch', so many people simply don't take the bait; and feel sales people understand no answer is an answer with no in it... and that some will then try to sell the 'how rude' reaction as a 'last ditch' to get a pitch... or some respect.

•••
If you are in domaining for sales of your domains, what do you gain by ignoring emails requesting if a domain name is for sale?

Will you eat your domain? I do not understand this sick attitude from some of you!
Never assume.

It makes and ass out of u and me.

•••
$100 offer on my best name I am not going to reply either. Think what you like. Recently not replying got me a domain I wanted as they dropped it.

Last edited:
•••
Never assume.

It makes and ass out of u and me.
You are the one assuming because if I was assuming, I wouldn't ask if the domain name was for sale, don't you think?

•••

It sounds like you have some entitlement issues. While a response may be courteous, you don't have a right to the person's time. Do you have any idea how many inquiries the person gets a day for the domain name in question? You can't take offense if someone isn't interested in your money :xf.grin:.

•••
It sounds like you have some entitlement issues.

Certain email addresses don't get my time based on the country they send it from. Cultural issues are a problem I don't need.

If you can't do business in a suit and tie in any company in Europe/USA/Canada then I am not the person to contact. I take the wording in any message as a taste of what is to come.

This bias is based purely upon my previous experiences.

Oh yeah. $100 isn't a lot here.

Last edited:
•••
Privacy is what I gain, actually retain, by ignoring emails requesting if a domain name is for sale when that domain name is already listed for sale on a large domain name sales site.

My names for sale on a large site are under domain WHOIS privacy - the way I like things.

If somehow someone sleuthes out my old personal contact info for a name listed for sale on a name site they should then be aware the name is for sale!

Why I don't reply to a " is this name for sale inquiry is simple " ;
If
I reply to the sleuth then likely personal data can and will be scraped from my email address etc and subject me to unwanted lowball offers and numerous " offers to sell me great names similar to mine " .

I am private person without a sick attitude and, I have eaten very well in this life without answering annoying and obnoxious inquiries about " is domain name XXXXX for sale ? " when if you typed in the name you are taken to a for sale lander!

I choose to offer names for sale on a popular large site - so their availability for purchase is clearly known to anyone interested in the name.

As an aside, I also don't return unsolicited phone calls nor respond to unsolicited junk mail.
I agree on this. When a name is in listed on a market place, tendency that its for sale. Make offer or buy it now. If otherwise no response, move on. Some are even too busy to start replying every mail that's is not worth it.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back