IT.COM

question What did you do with your domains today?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Cannuck

420 friendlyTop Member
Impact
What did you do with your domains today?

This ought be a regular routine, but lately I've been remiss. So, I woke up early and did some needed housekeeping...

Assignment: Reassess portfolio for 2023

To Do List: review domains; check renewal dates; analyze parking stats; check WHOIS data; evaluate keepers; update listings; set prices; manage DNS and review landing pages

Mission accomplished: What a relief! 😌

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Hii

i responded to an inquiry from unireg today, that came via email yesterday.

:)

imo....

•••
Upvote 0
Heavily pruning the stock of $0.98 promo xyz domains and going back to basics.

•••
Upvote 0
Tweaking portfolio to further match premium .coms.

•••
Upvote 0
January
finished pricing all my domains

February
getting domaining folder organized, almost done. Inside folder, keyword folder, domain graphics folder, domain pdf folder, more

Mainly getting 10+ years of keyword lists organized
Geo - countries, states, cities, foreign cities, regions, mountains, lakes, islands etc
Main keywords - top keywords in the world big list, then common domain beginnings and endings (700+ common endings so far)
Then keyword lists for specific topics, many many lists

Going thru some things I saved. Finished up 250 page 2023 trends pdf, went thru all the categories on ebay yesterday

Going thru hand reg ideas I've had over the years

Went thru all the domains I've sold, a few were available to reg again, did that

Went thru all the domains I've dropped, see which ones were available

When I started, used to download other domainers domain portfolios, went thru those, some are now available to hand reg

-------------
TODAY

going to finish organizing this text document I have with main notes, things I use weekly

Last edited:
•••
Upvote 0
Finished up 250 page 2023 trends pdf, went thru all the categories on ebay yesterday

Good one (y)

I haven't listed domains on eBay for awhile, especially those I may want to trim at a discount. I'll put that on the backburner.

•••
Upvote 0
I looked at them and wondered why I haven't sold $hit this year...

Everything else, pretty much where it needs to be. Trimmed, renewals until Summer, landed, Afternic pointed to Sedo with double the pricing, all the personal grooming. I had time to shave today.

•••
Upvote 0
Went thru all the domains I've dropped, see which ones were available

I dropped a few last month. It was an exercise in letting go, but I felt some regret :(

One modest domain I had held for a few years, I was kinda partial to (I'm sure we can all relate).

So I re-searched it, and to my surprise it was available!

Re-reg'd and brought it back home to roost :woot:

...I ought not get too attached to domains.

•••
Upvote 0
I dropped a few last month. It was an exercise in letting go, but I felt some regret :(

One modest domain I had held for a few years, I was kinda partial to (I'm sure we can all relate).

So I re-searched it, and to my surprise it was available!

Re-reg'd and brought it back home to roost :woot:

...I ought not get too attached to domains.
I have a spreadsheet for domains I let go, another for domains I sold. Had them from the beginning, check them every once in awhile, you never know. I'm also surprised at some old sales (other peoples sales) that are available now to reg. If you dig, you might fight a gem every now and then.

•••
Upvote 0
I switch all my names from Dan landers to Afternic landers. See if it makes any difference.

•••
Upvote 0
well I have my little Google sheets file with like 5 column..
sorted by most expired names first... it beats excel cause this is portable over internet....... and the expired days update automatic of course...so I check this daily....make sure renew what I want... nowadays with almost no sales I keep shrinking... down to 800 now... then I try each day at right time check expireddomainsnet...where I have lke 10 fave keyword... vr..holo..crypto etc... that's all I do now.... but the nice thing about domains is If sales die for months...we can still Make one bigger one and make up for all of it... anyone interested in Google sheets setup here is pic of mine... I also use few color codes..like aged Names... perm co names.. payment plan..etc... enjoy.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230206-092058_Sheets.jpg
    Screenshot_20230206-092058_Sheets.jpg
    271.1 KB · Views: 59
•••
Upvote 0
When I started, used to download other domainers domain portfolios, went thru those, some are now available to hand reg
Hi

that one made me chuckle :)

cuz, i used to go thru BD's list's years ago and often found some that were available to register.

still have old ovt/w extension lists too that i plan to review.

imo...

•••
Upvote 0
I deleted my facade domains from Dan and redirect to my facade marketplace, the other top secret domains that I never publish anywhere, stay the same top secret. :xf.wink:

•••
Upvote 0
Some domain names are valuable in and of themselves — they contain high-value keywords or are otherwise highly valuable. That’s all well and good but this post is about domain name value that’s intrinsic to domain names in general — what you can use it for.
Hi Bard, can you erase yourself from this forum? :ROFL:

•••
Upvote 0
Registered a few new domains and placed them on Bodis for type in traffic/parking monetization.

•••
Upvote 0
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back