Domain Empire

question What are Liquid Domain Names?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

JamesCrew

Established Member
Impact
Hi all, it's me again.

Today I have couple of questions about selling domains on a regular basis (aka, liquid domains, I guess).

I have tried searching for what liquid domains exactly are and also have searched this forum, but was unable to find anything fruitful.

I did find couple of blog posts on the topic but was unable to completely understand about the topic as there were way too many different opinions in the comment sections. Personally I didn't get any of it considering what I have "thought" about what liquid domains can be. I may be wrong though.

I believe geo domains are liquid domains as they can be flipped instantly and have an existing market. Seen many geo sales in this forum as well. But in the last two months I have tried this out by buying two geo domains and pitching them to end users, with no results. I admit I wasn't that motivated during the selling process and have contact only 20-30 businesses, but have not received any sign of interest. However I plan to restart the outreach next month, with motivation.

So to learn more about the topic, I am posting couple of questions here to know what pros have to say about this topic. I am sure fellow domainers would find some time to answer and share their experience here.

Questions:
1. What exactly are liquid domains?
2. How do we classify them in the "liquid" category?
3. What kind of liquid domains should we buy?
4. How long does it normally take to sell liquid domains (one month, two months etc.)?
5. Which outreaching methods can be used to sell such domains (other than emails if any)?
6. Are geo domains liquid domains?
7. Can two word brandables (dictionary words not madeup words) be taken as liquid domains?
8. What methods can be used to sell brandable domains (if liquid)?

You are welcome to share your knowledge, experience and tips on liquid domains and how you manage to buy and sell liquid domains on a regular basis.

Thanks.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Now come on guys, I know I have asked too many questions but you are free to share your experience as you like, as much as you like.

Thanks,

•••
A liquid domain as the term suggests is a domain which has a willing number of buyers at a particular price point known as the floor price. A true liquid domain could be sold in a manner of minutes at any given point in time.
Good examples of current liquid domains are say .com CHIPS for anything under $2k or a .net CHIPS under $250.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back