Dynadot

.mobi What about suffixes? nnnn.nnnn.mobi

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
:hi: What do you think about buying suffixes?

For example, I just regged logy.mobi. This means you can have:
bio.logy.mobi
sexo.logy.mobi
geo.logy.mobi
etc...
Was it a waste of reg fee?

Or what do you think about the value of
With.mobi (which is a premium).

Meaning the owner could have sex.with.mobi,
play.with.mobi, music.with.mobi,....

In French, with is "avec". I was surprised it was still available and just regged
Avec.mobi.

Do you think it was a good opportunity or it has small or no value?

I am really a newbie with domains. So, many thanks for your opinions.

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Don't forget "mydinner.with.mobi"...

And just for the record, .mobi is not a cheap date.

•••
I know it's not a cheap date :'( and I cannot afford to reg many of them...It's why I would love to hear your views...

•••
Without meaning any offense, I don't see any value in those particular names. Subdomains could work well with some one worders (i.e. car.prices.mobi) but breaking up a single word into subdomains is risky. del.icio.us is one of the few exceptions of sites that were able to market the idea. FWIW, I still don't go to the site because the url bugs me. To be fair, I would bet most of us have regged a few stinkers, tho ;)

•••
suffixes are ok but for the examples you gave i think it would be much better to own ology.mobi and then you can do bio.ology, psych.ology, etc.

•••
compubahn said:
Without meaning any offense

No problem. I was asking for frank opinions. Thanks. I don't want to defend the idea.

I still like the "avec.mobi" ;) Let's see if with.mobi will be sold for a good price...

•••
Keep in mind "mobile keywords" will be almost 90% stronger than science or other random keywords. The shorter the better also. Because in order to comply via the mobi standards the site needs to be viewable via a phone. Meaning "small ish"

- Steve

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back