IT.COM

sales WetNWild.com sold for $9,100 USD yesterday – Whats your thoughts?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Robbie

RobbiesBlog.comTop Member
Impact
The domain name WetNWild.com sold for $9,100 USD yesterday on GoDaddy.com, the domain name was registered on 24th of August 1995 and recently expired in February 2021 and was auctioned off at GoDaddy.com

The domain name was once owned by Wet ‘n Wild Orlando and was the flagship water park of Wet ‘n Wild owned by NBC Universal, located on International Drive in Orlando, Florida. It was founded in 1977 by SeaWorld creator George Millay. It closed on December 31, 2016.

It looks like the domain name in later years started to forward to WetnWildOrlando.com which itself now appears to under different ownership under privacy and that domain names forwards to PoolsideChilling.com

I don’t believe there are any risks in owning the domain name WetNWild as Universal closed that brand 5 years ago and relaunched under the new name Volcano Bay, they don’t own VolcanoBay.com but instead use the Universal Domain Name to direct traffic to a dedicated page on the Official website.

So what do you think of the domain name WetNWild.com was it a good investment at $9,100 USD, Who could be the buyer?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
whoever bought it - they should also get wetandwild

•••
Last edited:
•••
•••
The domain name was once owned by Wet ‘n Wild Orlando and was the flagship water park of Wet ‘n Wild owned by NBC Universal, located on International Drive in Orlando, Florida

Has a pretty nice backlink profile too.

•••
•••
Has a pretty nice backlink profile too.

I suspect that is what has driven the price up, be interesting though if they park and earn good ppc on it.

•••
•••
Wouldn't this infringe on some trademark, etc?
"I suspect that is what has driven the price up, be interesting though if they park and earn good ppc on it."

Last edited:
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back