IT.COM

wedding.net sold $8000

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Um i saw on sedo that this domain sold for $8000 wow !!
on CNN there was a special about the wedding business being a multi billion dollar industry. and the net leading the way.
Wedding ia a major key word , so do you all feel this price is a steal???? or in reason? , since im in the wedding business
its amazing that it was for sale and for that price . meaning good bargain
thoughts from the community

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
In my opinion, I thought that such a domain could get more than $8000 since it is a popular keyword. But whoever purchased the domain name much have had quite a bit of cash to spend.

•••
I'd say it was a steal. Huge Google #'s for a popular one-worder. I hate .nets...but still!

ST

•••
Yeah I would have to agree with you on that one Costalguy, but I guess since this domain is a good keyword its a pretty good deal for $8000.

•••
yah a amazing deal, when people realize that huge kewords like that with multi billion industry {wedding} its like buying a house on boardwalk, if i new about the sale i might have sold my car called my best friend and borrowed the money.{just because im in that business so i know what going on with the net concerning weddings

•••
great sale, glad to see a .net get some good exposure.

•••
not a positive sale for .net
wedding.info would probably fetch just as much :)

•••
yah info will surpass net.............................................................................. my magic crystal ball say is 1 year 4 days and 3 hours.

•••
If they promote it right they will make that money back on one wedding. Wish I had seen that one.

•••
I too think that $8,000 was a steal. Weddings are big business, after all. With a little development, this can go for high $XX,XXX, imho.

•••
Thats true armstrong, like I mentioned before it would be worth more than $8000 for sure.

•••
interesting note the owner put this one in for appraisal
and it got an overal value of 1500, i think this shows us that appraisals need a second evalution , i think those who work appraising have no clue ....

•••
HI All

Ok so what is worth more in your mind a .net or a .info

so if weddings.net sold for $8000 then what would weddings.info be worth...

Thanks
Tom Dahne

Expired Domain Software
http://www.expireddomainsoftware.com

•••
i wish i was the seller...

•••
heh, when I was reading your post, I thought to myself, $8,000 sounds like a decent price to someone OTHER than an end user, but seller should of kept it and found an end user

•••
Here is what I think:

Based on sales

Say .net is worth 1/8 of the .com which based on the sale of 3 letter, 2 letter, 2 character, etc is pretty accurate.

I think wedding.com is worth 6 figures easy.

So its not a good sale.

I do not like .net

I prefer .info

If I was not able to sell and had to chose between .info or .net I would use .info.

But at this point .net is worth more than .info, not sure for how long though.

•••
IMO whoever bought it will probably get their money back real fast and has some big plans fo it, they probably werne't expecting to get it for this little

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back