Domain Empire

Webmail

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
Hey
does anybody know a decent Webmail service that allows multiple users on a domain? eg now i have [email protected] which i can check and send emails via Cpanel..... but if i wanted to add a family member, how could i get them a seperate email account eg [email protected].... i don't mind using another webmail service, but i don't really wanna pay more than 5US$ (free is good)

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Do you own ballamness.info (+ hosting)?

•••
i do.... well im not the registrant but thats just because the hosting guy is managing it for me..... however i will shortly be buying a new domain anyways which will be under my name

•••
There are a lot of webhosts offering webmail at very low monthly fees. Just search for "hosting" on Google and MSN and you will get a lot of options.

•••
If you own the domain name, you can create a new email account at any time.

•••
is there a way to seperate from whos email you receive though? so i don't receive andy's and andy doesn't receive mine

•••
Yeah, you basically create 2 email accounts - [email protected] and [email protected]. You bill both have seperate logins and usernames too. Some hosting providers even allow you to set the quota for each account.

•••
•••
Thanks for your help, i managed to find out how to add and manage accounts within cpanel.... however do you also know a good webmail service where i can use pop3 accounts and send/read emails over the internet?

(because my ISP is lame and wont allow outgoing mail through any server except theres)

•••
Dude, webmail (IMAP) and POP3 are 2 totally different types :hehe: With webmail, you manage your emails online, while POP3 lets you download your emails to your PC.

If you're using:
a) Webmail - your hosting plan probably comes with the free Horde, Neomail or Squirrel Mail.

b) POP3 - both your incoming/outgoing servers (set in MS Outlook) probably use mail.whatever.com - username is usually your email address.

Btw, if you're new to domaining, do check out my guide (see my signature). Feel free to backlink to your site too :blink:

•••
i'll take a read of the guide later

i just mean that my ISP has blocked outgoing emails unless im using their server..... is there a web service i can use to send emails using my account?

yeah i use Neomail that was on my server for [email protected] but i can also use outlook express (if my ISP wasn't lame and blocking outgoing mail)

im just wondering if there is something like Neomail that allows multiple user accounts?

(sorry if im not making much sense)

•••
Ok, I got what you mean. Normally, mail.whatever.com should work as the outgoing SMTP server address. If it doesn't, then try using your ISP's SMTP server but turn on the authentication option in Outlook. If that still doesn't work, you'll have to ask your ISP for a solution ;)

•••
nah i looked into it ages ago, when i wanted to use a free email account thing i signed up for, theres no problem receiving emails, but it wont send them... it works fine if i use their server, but anyone elses it comes with an error, on outlook the error is:

Task 'ballam - Sending and Receiving' reported error (0x800CCC6F) : 'Your outgoing (SMTP) e-mail server has reported an internal error. If you continue to receive this message, contact your server administrator or Internet service provider (ISP). The server responded: '

At first i thought it was a problem with the server, but after trying with several different accounts, and even using the config file i downloaded from cpanel for ballamness....... still nothing.

According to a source on the internet, my ISP doesn't allow me to send emails using a different server to the one they want me to

•••
Yes, it's a problem with your ISP. It happens in my country too but they only block the competing ISP's emails. Other third party emails goes through.

•••
that sucks, they block everyone for me :(

•••
Looking for a host try www.4gb.net..... lots of choices when searching for a host......

•••
I can host you for free :)
go to officialhost.info

•••
I know plenty of them but most have already been listed. I did some googling and found that some will only give you a certain amount of boxes without charging. Be wary of this because you dont want to end up with 15 email boxes when your giving them away to random people.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back