IT.COM

expiring | expired Web.xyz - Pending delete!!!

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Premiums

find.venturesTop Member
Impact
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Premium name. You could have it by paying premium price.

•••
only $1300 per year lease!!!!

•••
Its not a premium name, Only a newbie who is clueless will register it. Will be a drop the following year as well. I think people lost enough $ in crap xyz names to keep buying these.

•••
I am trying to wrap my head around some extensions, and this one has to be one of the worst ones to my tasting. I can't actually believe anyone would brand a business with such an awful sounding extension.

I bet there are thousands though that do! I just can't believe it.

Last edited:
•••
xyz names are only for speculators.

•••
I am trying to wrap my head around some extensions, and this one has to be one of the worst ones to my tasting. I can't actually believe anyone would brand a business with such an awful sounding extension.

I bet there are thousands though that do! I just can't believe it.
abc.xyz

•••
•••
OK I have zero .xyz in my portfolio, but have in past and will in future consider them. I don't agree with those that are completely negative on the extension. Here are my thoughts...
  • The majority off the world are not English speakers. While it may seem to us English speakers that an extension should be an English word like net or com or biz or site, if English is not your first language, it could be argued that xyz is as logical as anything, and maybe more so if you know the alphabet but not many words.
  • I like its generality and xyz could have the meaning "everything" - like all alphabet (not explaining my meaning clearly sorry!).
  • For a domain extension offered at value prices in first year, the registry has managed to really do well with abuse of the extension. I checked Spamhaus just now and it is 0.71 vs 0.66 for com and 0.90 for net as comparators. It has been excellent in this regard for more than a year.
  • Obviously its use by Alphabet is a major coup, but beyond that the extension has been used by real companies. It has one Alexa 1M site for every 770 registered domains. While this is less than com, it is better than the vast majority of other legacy, new and cc extensions.
  • It is widely available with over 230 registrars handling it.
  • While I suspect that many domain investors are not keen because, frankly, if you subtract registry sales the number of sales is modest. For example in 2018 YTD it has sold 23 times so far with an average sales price of $1808 on NameBio. On the positive side, almost all appear to be nonregistry sales. Nevertheless I think the overall health of the extension is good (registration numbers, registrars, actual website use considering size of registration pool, lack of abuse) and I do think that at least in range $$$ to $$$$ sales will come.
Just some thoughts from an xyz sidelines observer!

Last edited:
•••
I guarantee when it deletes it will become a very expensive premium. Saw a few other .xyz expire last week and they were available again but for hundreds of dollars per year.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back