Domain Empire

Web 5.0 Discussion Thread.

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Pusang Gala

NoyPi DomainerTop Member
Impact
So, just saw this on twitter. Feel free to drop your opinions.

Screenshot_20220611_033148.jpg

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Btc is not a currency but an investment class digital commodity. It's not a utility coin either. You talk about its technology but it's lacking, which is why they built the lightening network. The tps is not sustainable for global adaption.

Btc is not web 5, because web 5 is not a standard but a project that uses Btc. You will delude your self because you invested in this niche. Please don't go MIA when it comes time to renew this stuff. I would kindly ask that you share any sales you've made and how many drops you made.
you are wrong.

there is NO other "project", as you call it, that tries to build a web network on top of btc (lightning).
web5 is the only one; hence web5 IS btc.

(Yes, they build lightning network because the btc network is not ment to handle many small transactions.)

Atm projects are being build using the open source tech from tbd.website, so OF COURSE there cannot be any sales ETC!

Don't act as if you dont understand this.

You bet against it,
I bet for it.

We'll see who will be the lucky winner.

Btw: If you are against it, please feel free to name here your favorite coin/project for a decentralized internet.

Will it be based on ethereum, or cardano...?

Please name it, and tell us why.

Last edited:
•••
you are wrong.

there is NO other "project", as you call it, that tries to build a web network on top of btc (lightning).
web5 is the only one; hence it IS btc.

(Yes, they build lightning network because the btc network is not ment to handle many small transactions.)
Never mind man
.. I don't know why I bother lol...

Let's see where you are in a year with this stuff...

•••
•••
Nobody forced anyone to stake on Web5 names.. If it works..fine.. we make money if it doesnt am still fine . You guys wont be the one to decide the market.. So whether you say something negative or positive. It wont stop the fact that some investors will still risk part of their funds on Web5 names. Best of luck to investors with good Web5 names

•••
Le // Web5 (.) com

(The Web5 in French)

•••
Le // Web5 (.) com

(The Web5 in French)
lol why all the dislikes? In French, adding “Le“ at the beginning is the correct and ONLY way you can talk about the web5. It is probably better than web5 alone. Also regged it in the .fr extension just in case :)

•••

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220707-174332.png
    Screenshot_20220707-174332.png
    276.9 KB · Views: 63
Last edited:
•••
•••
•••
•••
Don't be fooled by the naming, these aren't "versions". It's just a clever name, like "hey we're the next version", but they can't use 3.0 or 4.0 because those are already the names of real thing. Realistically, Bitcoin has potentially high fees when usage is high, plus very limited utility (it doesn't support smart contracts), so it's not really the ideal token for any future vision of the web, which is why I think this will not be anything in the long-term.

Last edited:
•••
Don't be fooled by the naming, these aren't "versions". It's just a clever name, like "hey we're the next version", but they can't use 3.0 or 4.0 because those are already the names of real thing. Realistically, Bitcoin has potentially high fees when usage is high, plus very limited utility (it doesn't support smart contracts), so it's not really the ideal token for any future vision of the web, which is why I think this will not be anything in the long-term.
Ok

•••
High fees?
There is absolutly no need for the function of 'web5' to obtain any btc's.
Moreover, the lightning network will be used, which, like all the other hype coins in web3, will get faster with more usage & time.
It does not have to support smart contracts, as this is not needed.
And: btc is way more decentralized - now & in long-term - than sol, eth, or cardano will ever get.
And this is the main point about web5: *Decentralization*

(anything else can be found with web3 token projects).

Btc uses Proof of Work, while other coins use Proof of Stake - which tends to become more centralized in the long run.

However, we started this thread way too early.

As there are no web5 projects actively running, there is nothing to talk about at this point.

In my view we have to start talking, once the first projects starts and attract users.

This just might be in fall/winter 2022 or beyond.

Until then, sit down and drink tea ;)

•••
And this is the main problem, next to Proof of Stake:
Ownership of most coins in web3 is by far in hands of VC's, or a few decision makers (as ex. Ethereum).
btc on the other hand, has no problems like this, plus uses Proof of Work for ever.

There used to be a conglomerate that wanted to change the way btc works (have higher blocks proceeded, so transactions happen faster), but they couldn't because the huge community didn't want to.
This is what you call immutable.
(smaller blocks are needed, so that anybody can store the btc blockchain and check the transactions.
with bigger blocks, this couldn't be possible and only big companies/exchanges could check the blockchain on its trustworthy).

a.jpg

Last edited:
•••
•••
I have:

Web-V//xyz
Web5Bulletin//com
Web5Times//com
Web5WorkSpace//com

Last edited:
•••
Just came across this developed site.

FifthWeb.com

•••
Now, as ethereum becomes more centralized than ever before with the eth merge,
and big holders & exchanges will get the possibility to have something to say
(or better: the gov. gets something to say by submitting new laws & rules to this holders & exchanges)
BTC has even become a more decentralized blockchain, in comparison, than ever before.

Which is great news for the development of web5.

Last edited:
•••
•••
•••
Not mine

Attachments

• FmaI7k5aAAEF9M7.jpeg
    FmaI7k5aAAEF9M7.jpeg
    95.3 KB · Views: 75
•••
Jack Dorsey's web5 project seems to be getting ready to launch.

Attachments

• FmX53p-WAAQK5nx.png
    FmX53p-WAAQK5nx.png
    89.9 KB · Views: 56
Last edited:
•••
Jack Dorsey's web5 project seems to be getting ready to launch.
Well the last thing he created was entirely politically captured and he personally guided into being a propaganda laden, government incorporated, badly governed, free speech hindering, shadow banning, ideology ridden, left leaning, non-transparent HELL HOLE that nobody with a brain trusted.

So yeah looking forward to his next creation... 🌝😵‍💫😵‍💫😵‍💫🎪🤹🤡🌍🌐

•••
BlueSky launched, Jack Dorseys alternative to twitter.

https://blueskyweb.org/

Depending solely on bitcoin technology.

Real decentralized.

•••
Last edited:
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back