gromovnik
Established Member
- Impact
- 21
Please appraise my first domain.
Sorry, I missed this post somehow in my earlier reply.I or any other ambitious domainers have no problem with critical feedback, in fact it's what makes us go forward as you guys have described, the problem here, is the stupid useless critical feedback such as ( Your domain name is bull***), ( well, I don't see why people would buy it) who cares about an opinion like this one?
useful critical feedback would be like saying that it's not worth it and explain the reason why exactly, and if there's a possibility of enhancing that domain or use it in any other way, say it, not like a bunch of guys who are sitting in front of the computer waiting for a beginner to post a domain for appraisal just to type ( Reg fee, or Go throw that away), or any stupid opinion that is useless.
I feel like those guys have failed in this industry and they're somehow hopelessly trying to make other fail and make them feel down.
Appraisal means giving it a value and clarify why is that value was giving whether it was negative or positive.
Compare mattg and matthew's reply to todaygold's and you'll notice what I'm talking about.
Sorry, I missed this post somehow in my earlier reply.
To address this issue: People requesting an appraisal generally don't listen to facts. They instead, rely on their own inflated ego, that is only pumped up more by other "domain name investors" chiming in that these domain names are "great for development" and will definitely sell for 4 figures "to the right buyer" - something you will definitely see repeated over and over. A lot of people have given up on giving critical feedback backed with stats and facts, simply because, people won't listen. They are hard-headed and will argue opinions either way that their domain is $$$$, even if they are asking for an appraisal.
Here is an appraisal I just made: --------(wasn't able to post the link cuz my account ain't upgraded XD)-------------- It's backed with facts, etc. and I state exactly how I feel about the name. I don't know much about the OP to know whether he will argue it, or thank me for my valuation. I could have very well ended up wasting my time in giving an appraisal like that if he so chooses not to listen and this would ultimately discourage further advice to other members, but, I'd like to give him the benefit of the doubt here as no replies have been made.
An exercise for you, go through thread after thread and you will find great valuations on why names are $0 (per rules, they are "reg fee" unless it can be proven that there is a $0 valuation), though members state $$$$ and the OP will argue that it can't possibly be $0 and that it's going to feed their family for the next month. Go back years. Then, do a whois on those domains to see if they're still registered, or, if the member is still active on namePros. This will prove my above point about failure. It's ones that choose not to listen or learn that will fail, and not just at domaining.
tl;dr: some people won't listen to rational explanations, so why waste time trying to hold their hands if they don't want it?
Sure, I get your point. But isn't that all an appraisal is? An appraisal doesn't need to be explained. With my past sales history, I could very well come in and say "reg fee" or "$$$$" now couldn't I? You could take my word for that, or leave it. From your point of view, neither of these appraisals are appropriate as they don't state metrics that Estibot would, rather, only my personal opinion based upon previous sales. So, why bother even appraising at all if every single domain needs critical feedback? Some don't merit it, as, with basic research, the valuation can easily be verified to be true.If your just gonna answer ( that domain is a waste, reg fee or I don't see value in it) with no further explanation. You'd rather not reply in my opinion. I hope you get the point
I'm not in the wrong place, and again the best prove for that is mattg and matthew's replies...these only 2 people replying is better than hundreds with such useless critical feedback. and no I appraised 4 of my domains at GoDaddy for free just recently.Sure, I get your point. But isn't that all an appraisal is? An appraisal doesn't need to be explained. With my past sales history, I could very well come in and say "reg fee" or "$$$$" now couldn't I? You could take my word for that, or leave it. From your point of view, neither of these appraisals are appropriate as they don't state metrics that Estibot would, rather, only my personal opinion based upon previous sales. So, why bother even appraising at all if every single domain needs critical feedback? Some don't merit it, as, with basic research, the valuation can easily be verified to be true.
Take Chips for example. If I stated $1500 and that's it; I didn't base my appraisal on anything. It may lead the person to question as to why it's $1500, and with a simple question, rather than argument, they would find a new market that they may not have known to exist.
If you're looking for Estibot type of appraisals with detailed responses as to why a domain is $0 or $5000, you're in the wrong place. A numerical appraisal of what the domain is worth by domainers whom have sold domains in the past is sufficient enough. After all, that's all GoDaddy gives you for an appraisal, besides it being on a "certificate" and having to pay for it, right?
Only because they gave it a positive valuation of anywhere from $$$ to $$$$ (in years, I must add) with an opinion? Whereas someone else states $0, with an opinion? Doesn't make sense. You can agree with a valuation or not, fine; but you must realize all of these are just that: opinions.I'm not in the wrong place, and again the best prove for that is mattg and matthew's replies...these only 2 people replying is better than hundreds with such useless critical feedback. and no I appraised 4 of my domains at GoDaddy for free just recently.

