Dynadot

Was my domain name change a bad idea?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
I recently changed my domain name from moreclicks.info to clickspidy.com

Now the site is exactly the same the only thing I changed was the domain name. Since I changed the name I went from several sales a day to 0 in the past 3 days. I changed the name from .info to .com because I was spending allot of time doing SEO and from my experience .info names don't do as well.

I know when I buy something online I don't care about the domain name I care about the product. I don't even have a logo so if you wanted to see the site name you would have to look in the address bar.

I picked the name clickspidy.com because it was short and catchy had the name click and spidy short for spider in the name.

Can anyone tell me if you think that made the difference in sales or is that normal to have slow days. I want to change it back but the .info name likely wont do as well as the .com name in SERP.

Just so everyone knows the site is less than a week old so the .info name wasn't established and I redirected the traffic from the .info name to the .com name. The .info name is also up so anyone typing it in will still generate sales.

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Wait a bit longer...it might just be a random occurrence that there were no sales for the last few days.

•••
Dean26 said:
Wait a bit longer...it might just be a random occurrence that there were no sales for the last few days.

Agreed , give it a bit longer and don't forget "sales" in general are down worldwide so could also be a factor.

•••
Why are they down worldwide?

wot said:
Agreed , give it a bit longer and don't forget "sales" in general are down worldwide so could also be a factor.

•••
is the old domain still in use.

I would put the old domain in use so traffic continues

•••
did you do a 301 redirection?

•••
The old domain was in use for 4 days the site is new. I only had a link in my signature. The old site still works so if someone goes to the old site they can still order from the old site.

•••
Personally I think this thread is more about marketing than a legit question. Your old info site is only a month old. I don't see how you made a few sales per day since even you admit info isn't that great.

Your Google cache from about a week ago is different than the current moreclicks.info site. So that means you recently have redone it...why do that if you were going to start using the spidy name?

I see threads like this all the time and they are just clever marketing.

The old domain was in use for 4 days the site is new.

So how did you make "several sales a day" in such a short time? Let me guess...forum promotions?

Good luck and to stay within the scope of the thread....yes the spidy name is better imho since it's dot com and you should be more patient with your link building. However I am not sure how well long-term a site like yours will do. I haven't tried these crap e-book sites myself so I can't speak about their viability.

•••
•••
Simple lowered the price to $5 a day. I did have site up for a little more than a month made o sales then i redesigned the site and made it into a sales page and I started seeing sales overnight.

I really want advice and feedback to why sales dropped 100% This is not a gimmick to get more signups.

I'm trying to find tune the site and feedback is very helpful since only people on the outside view can tell me what they think could be the cause of the drop off of signups.

labrocca said:
Personally I think this thread is more about marketing than a legit question. Your old info site is only a month old. I don't see how you made a few sales per day since even you admit info isn't that great.

Your Google cache from about a week ago is different than the current moreclicks.info site. So that means you recently have redone it...why do that if you were going to start using the spidy name?

I see threads like this all the time and they are just clever marketing.

So how did you make "several sales a day" in such a short time? Let me guess...forum promotions?

Good luck and to stay within the scope of the thread....yes the spidy name is better imho since it's dot com and you should be more patient with your link building. However I am not sure how well long-term a site like yours will do. I haven't tried these crap e-book sites myself so I can't speak about their viability.

•••
rafaelrls said:
did you do a 301 redirection?

Exactly the question I was going to ask.

•••
I'm working on it. I have been busy doing my day job.

stub said:
Exactly the question I was going to ask.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back