Domain Empire

Warning!! You will lose your domaun!

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
is this a Industry STANDARD now?:-/??

However, if you do not respond, or are not able to respond within 5 days, your domain name WILL be transferred. ????

Important Notice Regarding your Domain(s)

Dear Valued Go Daddy Customer,

On November 12, 2004, ICANN, the Internet Corporation for Assigned Names and Numbers, put in place its new transfer policy for all accredited domain name service providers.

The previous ICANN policy allowed us to deny requests to transfer your domain names to another registrar unless you explicitly confirmed to us your intent to transfer. The new ICANN policy removes that protection. When we receive a request to transfer your domain name to a new registrar, we will still attempt to contact you to confirm that you authorized the request. However, if you do not respond, or are not able to respond within 5 days, your domain name WILL be transferred.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Wow they are getting Serious Now :(

•••
This is getting ridiculous?

•••
I don't think this applies IF your domains are LOCKED.

redhippo said:

However, if you do not respond, or are not able to respond within 5 days, your domain name WILL be transferred. ????

Important Notice Regarding your Domain(s)

Dear Valued Go Daddy Customer,

On November 12, 2004, ICANN, the Internet Corporation for Assigned Names and Numbers, put in place its new transfer policy for all accredited domain name service providers.

The previous ICANN policy allowed us to deny requests to transfer your domain names to another registrar unless you explicitly confirmed to us your intent to transfer. The new ICANN policy removes that protection. When we receive a request to transfer your domain name to a new registrar, we will still attempt to contact you to confirm that you authorized the request. However, if you do not respond, or are not able to respond within 5 days, your domain name WILL be transferred.

•••
redhippo said:

Have you not done any transfers since this new policy? The gaining registrar still has to get approval from the registrant via the email listed in the whois. I have done about 10 personal transfers since 12 Nov with various registrars and I don't see any big deal about this.

•••
well i have a few hundred names scattered over various registrars!..just checking if they have bulk locking...if they dont haveD-: what a hassle!

•••
redhippo said:
well i have a few hundred names scattered over various registrars!..just checking if they have bulk locking...if they dont haveD-: what a hassle!

Yeah No Doubt hey.. I stick to one registrar always! ;)

•••
At the top of GD site, you will see this new ICANN ruling. In fact, everyone should lock their domains even before this regulation is implemented this year. I think it is the best way to secure your domains (other than computer/passwd being hacked as I always say).

Flora.

•••
I think GD domains are locked by default, if I'm not mistaken...

•••
dgridley said:
I think GD domains are locked by default, if I'm not mistaken...

Yeah.

Godaddy will lock and renew anything they can get by default.

•••
I always make sure I uncheck the auto-renew button for my domains at GD when I register them... ya never know if ya might not just want to let it drop, eh?

•••
Thanks for telling us about this, I now know what to do with my domains. :)

•••
well i have a few hundred names scattered over various registrars!..just checking if they have bulk locking...if they dont have what a hassle!

Have managed to avoid that activity, but, alas.. Bouncing around the internet, looking for passwords, and changing forms , as well as root canals, are two of my favorite pastimes.

Godaddy will lock and renew anything they can get by default.
:bingo:

Last edited:
•••
What the ****? Well I don't have too many domains to worry about, only got 30 of them or so, most of which are .infos.

•••
•••
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back