Dynadot

WARNING! Stay Away From Bido, They Are Now Scam

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Tunababa8v

Established Member
Impact
So I put one of my domains to auction on bido and it got sold. I was supposed to be paid immediately since I initiated withdrawal through PayPal. I have been on the wait since last week and I have not been paid despite the site saying it only takes a day for payout through paypal.

I am never one who rushed into conclusions but the following makes me conclude bido is not worth the time and effort.

- I have sent several messages to support but no reply till now
- Despite the site mentioning their online support are always active 1pm - 5pm Edt, they have never been online.
- The bido contact number on their support page always says "invalid" whenever I try to put a call through, so all avenue of contacting them is zero.

It seems all is left to run on autopilot.

It is a pity because I really needed the money for some renewals. Please stay away from bido or your money might get stuck like mine.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
What time frame are we talking have you now waited between 1-5 and lost the plot after forth hour? You do realise nobody is going to pay you instantly the ball rolling might be instant but not the money.

Last edited:
•••
What time frame are we talking have you now waited between 1-5 and lost the plot after forth hour?
Didnt get you but if you are asking if I have waited 1-5 days before raising alarm, then yes, I have.

•••
It will take about 4 weeks to actually see the money would be my guess from experience with other marketplaces that you would also assume instant but after they have cleared funds. They may assume you actually read terms and conditions or might be another problem your unaware about. But huge call when you still may have a sale. Try edit your topic if you don't study law.

Last edited:
•••
It will take about 4 weeks to actually see the money would be my guess from experience with other marketplaces that you would also assume instant but after
they have cleared funds. They may assume you actually read terms and conditions or might be another problem your unaware about. But huge call when you still may have a sale. Try edit your topic if you don't study law.
This is from them and it is stated clearly
https://bido.com/Info/FAQ
"Bido sends PayPal payments Monday though Friday. PayPal payouts are typically sent via PayPal Masspay, or in some cases as a special type of payment, called "Personal, Payment owed" (at Bido's sole discretion). We understand that fees are a concern of sellers and we do our best to help you avoid large fees wherever possible. Seller may anytime initiate a payout of their balance over the payments page ("My Bido->Balance->Payments"), once a payout is initiated, it will be typically sent within one business day."

So, I might not study law but I understand basic sentences.

•••
This is from them and it is stated clearly
https://bido.com/Info/FAQ
"Bido sends PayPal payments Monday though Friday. PayPal payouts are typically sent via PayPal Masspay, or in some cases as a special type of payment, called "Personal, Payment owed" (at Bido's sole discretion). We understand that fees are a concern of sellers and we do our best to help you avoid large fees wherever possible. Seller may anytime initiate a payout of their balance over the payments page ("My Bido->Balance->Payments"), once a payout is initiated, it will be typically sent within one business day."

So, I might not study law but I understand basic sentences.
You could have asked here for a rep of bido to help. FAQ is not TOS.
So if this resolves say in 24 hours which it may not you still may need to study if this is damaging.

•••
If you understand basic sentences I am trying to help not hinder.

•••
If you understand basic sentences I am trying to help not hinder.
I get you are trying to help. I already said I have exhausted all avenue to contact them. No one is responding. They basically have no one monitoring or responding to request or complaint.The site is on autopilot for some time now.

•••
Yes but there is better tact look at how threads like this have been resolved rather fast and although I don't know if any have gone for damages but poster lays low after resolved thread altered by admin.

Last edited:
•••
If I had read enough reviews about them before listing with them, I wouldn't be in this mess.

•••
Problem is the little guy can't fight. But you still need to go about things without emotion keep up your own good name.

•••
My Money still stuck in there

•••
It may just be delays in concluding the transaction.

Has the domain being transferred to the buyer and whois is changed?

•••
i know with sedo you have to wait for the buyer to get the domain b4 you get paid, and the domain transfer can take a week. How long has it been since the sale and have you confirmed transfer. The buyer gets the domain b4 you get your money.

•••
I didn't even knew that bido exists anymore... flippa is spamming me with e-mails, but nothing from bido

•••
Most of them wait for transfer to complete before payment. Sometimes delay in completing the transfer may not be from both parties.

•••
It may just be delays in concluding the transaction.

Has the domain being transferred to the buyer and whois is changed?
Yes. The buyer paid immediately and the money reflected on my dashboard. I initiated withdrawal through PayPal immediately. Since then it just stated it as "processing " Nothing from support- support literally doesnt exist

•••
i know with sedo you have to wait for the buyer to get the domain b4 you get paid, and the domain transfer can take a week. How long has it been since the sale and have you confirmed transfer. The buyer gets the domain b4 you get your money.
It was a push. The buyer confirmed receipt of domain and bido confirmed receipt of payment from buyer

•••
I didn't even knew that bido exists anymore... flippa is spamming me with e-mails, but nothing from bido

If I had known this, I would have avoided them

•••
•••
•••
•••
•••
I might be forced to create a thread about their scam on twitter

•••
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back