Domain Empire

Warning: Never Use Host Gator!

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
This has the be the most absurd thing I have ever heard. I hope there is a Host Gator representative that frequents here, as I would love for them to see this.

Here's my story:

Let me start off by saying I had never used UseNet before yesterday. In fact, I knew nothing about it. I assumed it was sort of like a forum. So I found a group that was discussing a topic I had a site related to, and I posted a message advertising my service. To my surprise, I get an email a few minutes later saying my Host Gator account has been suspended due to spamming. I contact them and find out that "spamvertising" is against their TOS and I broke that rule. So I apologize, explained my misunderstanding, and they reinstated me account under the conditions I never do it again.

Here's where it gets ugly...

A few hours ago I check on the website and I get a message saying the account has been suspended, AGAIN! I check my email and no, I received no email from Host Gator telling me why they suspended my account. So I once again contact Host Gator, and after waiting for half an hour, I get this message:
Hi,

Your account is cancelled, when we discussed issues in the future, we had no idea you meant your account would violate our terms of service again in 24 hours. Your domain is responsible for HostGator being marked as 'spam friendly' today by various groups. You will not be reinstated.

I am completely blown away! I didn't "spam" anymore after that! I didn't even really do anything with the site between yesterday and today, and now I am a spammer?

So for the record: Do not use Host Gator. My account has been suspended for no reason, or for at least nothing I did. And if I can't get the files off of their servers, I am going to be livid. >:(

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Wont they provide backups of terminated accounts if requested?

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back