Domain Empire

Warning Fraud Email!

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
I have recieved this email today. I have reported it to ebay and they don't have an email of that sort. Beware of emails that are disquised as the one below.

Fraud Alert ID : 00626654

You have received this email because you or someone had used your account to make fake bids on eBay. For security purposes, we are required to open an investigation into this matter. To help speed up this process, you are required to verify your eBay account by following the link below.

http://scgi.ebay.com/verify_id=ebay&user=00626654

Please save this fraud alert id for your reference

Please Note - If your account information are not updated within the next 72 hours, then we will assume this account is fraudulent and it will be cancelled. We apologize for this inconvenience, but the purpose of this verification is to ensure that your eBay account has not been fraudulently used and to combat fraud.

We appreciate your support and understanding , as we work together to keep eBay a safe place to trade

Thank you for your patience in this matter.

Regards, Safeharbor Department (Trust and Safety Department)
eBay Inc.

Please do not reply to this e-mail as this is only a notification mail sent to this address and it cannot be replied to

Copyright 2004 eBay Inc. All Rights Reserved.
Designated trademarks and brands are the property of their respective owners.
eBay and the eBay logo are trademarks of eBay Inc. which is located on Hamilton Avenue, San Jose, CA 95125

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
I received an eBay scam email similar to this one a few days ago that said my account has been suspended due to a suspicion that I'm faking my identify and went on to say that I must confirm my details within 72 hours or my account would be closed. These eBay scams are pretty common nowdays, it's a shame that the scammers have nothing better to do then try to scam innocent victims. :|

The phishing sites are pretty common as well with the fake sites of large companies to deceive victims into believing it's really the real site. I've came across several fake sites in the past. :o

The email I received was sent to one of my email addresses I don't even have listed on my eBay account so I knew right off the bat it was a scam as soon as I saw the subject. :laugh:

Last edited:
•••
ya, i got one recently that said i made a bid, and to pay with 48 hours, even though i dont have an ebay account, lol

•••
They're all spoof emails. I recived alot of them sometimes. You can just forward the these mails to [email protected] and they will take care of it from there. Hope this helps. :)

•••
I think I got that same e-mail like a dozen times last week. This week, I'm getting ones spoofing well-known banks that say I must recheck my checking account.

•••
thanks for the heads up ;)

•••
i use to scam back when i was like in 5th grade, found it pointless and carma would come back to me in the future ;\ on AOL i recieve alot of scams TOS scam, PayPal Scam, InstaKiss Scam, etc.

•••
rube08 said:
I have recieved this email today. I have reported it to ebay and they don't have an email of that sort. Beware of emails that are disquised as the one below.

Fraud Alert ID : 00626654

You have received this email because you or someone had used your account to make fake bids on eBay. For security purposes, we are required to open an investigation into this matter. To help speed up this process, you are required to verify your eBay account by following the link below.

http://scgi.ebay.com/verify_id=ebay&user=00626654

Please save this fraud alert id for your reference

Please Note - If your account information are not updated within the next 72 hours, then we will assume this account is fraudulent and it will be cancelled. We apologize for this inconvenience, but the purpose of this verification is to ensure that your eBay account has not been fraudulently used and to combat fraud.

We appreciate your support and understanding , as we work together to keep eBay a safe place to trade

Thank you for your patience in this matter.

Regards, Safeharbor Department (Trust and Safety Department)
eBay Inc.

Please do not reply to this e-mail as this is only a notification mail sent to this address and it cannot be replied to

Copyright 2004 eBay Inc. All Rights Reserved.
Designated trademarks and brands are the property of their respective owners.
eBay and the eBay logo are trademarks of eBay Inc. which is located on Hamilton Avenue, San Jose, CA 95125

ok thanks for sharing it with us
i'll take care ... lol :wave:

•••
eMail phishing is as common today as the toilet flush. Strict rule of thumb today - never respond to, and act on, any email that requires you to enter your username and password from a source YOU have not directly contacted in the past 48 hrs.

•••
why eBay scam? why not just PayPal scam?

•••
mole said:
eMail phishing is as common today as the toilet flush. Strict rule of thumb today - never respond to, and act on, any email that requires you to enter your username and password from a source YOU have not directly contacted in the past 48 hrs.

good point mole .... as always ... lol :great:

•••
MissFlora said:
They're all spoof emails. I recived alot of them sometimes. You can just forward the these mails to [email protected] and they will take care of it from there. Hope this helps. :)
Don't forget to include the full headers (C&P) when forwarding to ebay.

•••
I've heard about this but I've never gotten an email from one, weird that i havent seen one and they're so plentyful. Thanks for the heads-up guys

•••
Dwayne said:
why eBay scam? why not just PayPal scam?

They want to use your ebay account and sell bogus items and request the buyer send them money order or cashier's check for payment.
After they received the payment they will be gone and you're the one who will answer the questions from the buyer why thet did not receive goods.

•••
johnn said:
They want to use your ebay account and sell bogus items and request the buyer send them money order or cashier's check for payment.
After they received the payment they will be gone and you're the one who will answer the questions from the buyer why thet did not receive goods.

oh, never thought of that way, i'd rather just take there paypal money, but i'd never steal money, since its just wrong

•••
lol dwayne you sounded to guilty saying it that way... lol juuuust kidding...

•••
**Another Spoof Email**

I just received another spoof email and this time it was a PayPal one. It had the graphics and everything like official PayPal emails usually have. This isn't the first time I've received a similar one spoofing PayPal. I feel sorry for the innocent victims who fall for it and don't know it's a scam.

PayPal is committed to maintaining a safe environment for its community of buyers and sellers. To protect the security of your account, PayPal employs
some of the most advanced security systems in the world and our anti-fraud teams regularly screen the PayPal system for unusual activity.

Recently, our Account Review Team identified some unusual activity in your account. In accordance with PayPal's User Agreement access to your account will be limited. This is a fraud prevention measure meant to ensure that your account is not compromised.

In order to secure your account we may require some specific information from you. We encourage you to log in by clicking on the link below and complete the requested form as soon as possible.

[Link removed for the security of fellow NP'rs, but it was one that appears to be an official PayPal link until you check out the source and see the real spoof link.] :laugh:

Ignoring our request, for an extended period of time, may result in account limitations or may result in eventual account closure.

Thank you for your prompt attention to this matter. Please understand that this is
a security measure meant to help protect you and your account.
We apologize for any inconvenience.

Sincerely,
PayPal Account Review Department

PayPal Email ID PP522

•••
Dwayne said:
i'd rather just take there paypal money, but i'd never steal money, since its just wrong
Stealing their PayPal money is wrong also, since it is still money. Online or not, it's still called fraud and you can get in trouble for it.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back