IT.COM
Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Status
Not open for further replies.

Coral Cove

Know your brand like the back of your hand.Upgraded Member
Impact
I strongly urge any of you going into business with Dejan Lesicar (NamePros member @venturefile.com and owner of sites like sexydress.us) to be very cautious. He is about to cost our company Brandroot a lot of stress and money as we pursue serious legal action against him.

In short the details are as follows:

4/08/2014 - Dejan creates a Brandroot account
5/09/2014 - Wuvo.com is accepted and listed for sale at a price of $6750
09/29/2014 - Dejan requests that Wuvo.com be removed from Brandroot because "The name was accepted to an auction event."
10/14/2014 - Brandroot receives a $3,000 offer for wuvo.com
10/14/2104 - Dejan rejects and reminds us that he removed his name

We then remind him of his contractual obligation of keeping Wuvo exclusive to Brandroot for a period of 30 days following the request of removal.

10/15/2014 - In the interested buyer impatience he raises his offer to $4500.

Dejan is intrigued and writes, "Thank you for the update. That is a decent offer and I will seriously consider it." For several days Dejan is unresponsive, ignoring several of our emails.

10/22/2014 - In a matter of minutes of informing Dejan that he is no longer welcome to sell at Brandroot and that Wuvo.com will be removed, Wuvo.com sells at full price for $6750.

10/22/214 - Dejan decides that he does not want to sell Wuvo at Brandroot and that my email stating that his name was removed ended his contractual obligation with Brandroot (which the email in no way stated).

Our financial loss due to Dejan's unprofessionalism is not the concern. Brandroot is now left with one very unhappy customer threatening us with litigation. We have informed Dejan that we will stop at nothing, "making this venture of [his] a lot more expensive and stressful than [he] thought possible."

You've been warned. Dejan Lesicar is very capable of leaving you in one sticky situation if you enter into business with him.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
No. That only happens if you've requested that the domain listing be removed from brandroot. If you don't make that request and then sell your domain outside of brandroot, your only penalty is that your account might be terminated.

Sorry Michael, but your TOS needs some work.

You're right, it does. And we're working on that.

•••
smart folks should carefully read what the "site editor" can do and what "brandbucket" can do and what the domain owner can and cannot do.

I count 3 parties, but 1 of them has very limited rights.

in any offering situation, who should have most rights over the property, the person who owns the name and pays the renewal fee's or the platform it's listed on?

imo....

•••
After reading this thread I will definitely never use brandroot.

This is all very unprofessional.

•••
•••
OP, you need to redraft your TOS. With this guy, just drop it. I understand the frustration and the desire to get the money, but you are hurting your company's image--something you CAN'T AFFORD TO DO since you have to keep Brandroot tempting to sellers (or would you like to lose business to the branding site above you, Brandbucket?)

•••
Having asked the question prior, I'd like to know for clarity sake if I choose to remove a name from BR for whatever reason then after 30 days have passed I'm free and clear to either develop, or sell without threat or penalty. Right?

•••
I keep asking myself what's different btw brandroot and brandbucket - I guess nothing:)
Let this slide and don't waste your $ on 30% of 6k. You'll probably spend twice of it

Move on

•••
30% of 6k and potential customers!

•••
Having asked the question prior, I'd like to know for clarity sake if I choose to remove a name from BR for whatever reason then after 30 days have passed I'm free and clear to either develop, or sell without threat or penalty. Right?

After 30 days, yes you can do whatever you want with it. The terms are worded a little wrong and will be fixed.

•••
"All sales made outside of Brandroot.com after requesting a listing to be removed will be responsible for a commission in the amount of 30 percent of the listed sale price. "

This definitely needs some work and it is sooo wrong.

•••
I didn't expect anything less from the Nancy's at NamePros. The overall sentiment is for this swindling domain owner Dejan, which was very much expected at this forum, and not for the individual who put out almost 7k for a domain and now has lost any chance of getting it.

Put yourself in the buyers shoes, you buy a 4 letter domain name and begin a trademark process then you hear from the marketplace you purchased from that the domain was not actually for sale. What would your response be? I challenge any of you naysayers to open a domain marketplace that can remain sustainable without such polices in place to protect the buyer. As I've said before, the ones who are against these measures in place to protect the buyer are not welcome at Brandroot anyway. If you find it's professional to list a domain for sale then retract that domain once it has been sold, you're in a league of your own.

•••
"All sales made outside of Brandroot.com after requesting a listing to be removed will be responsible for a commission in the amount of 30 percent of the listed sale price. "

This definitely needs some work and it is sooo wrong.

Thank you. Thank you for pointing that out for the third time.

•••
I didn't expect anything less from the Nancy's at NamePros.

Not smart to burn bridges with your customer base.

•••
Not smart to burn bridges with your customer base.

I have news for you, the users at NamePros are not our only customer base. And the ones ranting in this thread certainly aren't our prime sellers.

•••
•••
"Put yourself in the buyers shoes, you buy a 4 letter domain name and begin a trademark process then you hear from the marketplace you purchased from that the domain was not actually for sale. "

Really? in the span of a few hours, buyer pays for domain and starts trademark process of a domain that he does not have control over?

If you think all of the users at namepros are idiots, why bother participating here? No one is ranting. They are merely pointing out that the terms of use are not clear, which one would think would be beneficial for you to make improvements.

•••
So, to summarize all this - you went to a forum full of nancy's that you don't really care about to rant about a client that did you wrong, got called out on multiple flaws of your TOS which should be the bases of your whole operation and your idea of dealing with the issue is threats and malice... smooth, really smooth...

I for one am always a supporter of looking in an issue from both sides before objectively giving opinion and even though you probably have the rights to be upset your total lack of professionalism and proper tone has certainly won you no sympathy. So whatever the reason for your post here, I don't believe it was well defended.

•••
Really? in the span of a few hours, buyer pays for domain and starts trademark process of a domain that he does not have control over?

Yes, their reasoning for threatening Brandroot with a lawsuit is that they started a trademark as soon as they purchased. It was much more than a few hours before we let the buyer know that the seller backed out. We gave Dejan some time to change his mind.

•••
•••
Thank you. Thank you for pointing that out for the third time.

You came here to warn us about that guy, claiming he is unprofessional. But on the other hand, you too have problem with professionalism. Starting from your "need-to-be-fixed-tos" to the fact that you're doing this public ranting about lost deal. Not professional at all. If you think you've been damaged then there are ways to deal with that. It's his domain, and in the end he can do with it whatever he wants.

So you're little insulted because you lost possible deal. Be a big boy and deal with it. Professionally.

•••
You came here to warn us about that guy, claiming he is unprofessional. But on the other hand, you too have problem with professionalism. Starting from your "need-to-be-fixed-tos" to the fact that you're doing this public ranting about lost deal. Not professional at all. If you think you've been damaged then there are ways to deal with that. It's his domain, and in the end he can do with it whatever he wants.

So you're little insulted because you lost possible deal. Be a big boy and deal with it. Professionally.

It has nothing to do with losing a deal. It has everything to do with the customer, which I've mentioned many times now. And no, in the end if you are under contract you can't do whatever you want, and Dejan will soon understand that.

•••
The best thing to come out of this thread was the "Namepros Nancy's" comment. Man, that was funny. :D

•••
•••
I have news for you: Without domain owners, your site wouldn't have domains to sell. And I'm pretty sure 95% or more of your uses are NP members. You need to be wise: alienating NP users will only hurt and will not help. Use common sense.No offense, but you're coming across as an asshole.

I have news for you, the users at NamePros are not our only customer base. And the ones ranting in this thread certainly aren't our prime sellers.

•••
I think a client who starts a trademark application before the domain is in their hands is either an idiot or telling lies.

•••
Status
Not open for further replies.
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back