Dynadot

.tv Warner Bros taking their shows "online"

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
http://www.iht.com/articles/2005/11/14/business/tv.php

"Looking for "The Fugitive?" Didn't get enough "Eight Is Enough?" Would you like to "Welcome Back, Kotter" one more time?

Warner Brothers is preparing a major new Internet service that will let fans watch full episodes from more than 100 old television series.

The service, called In2TV, will be free, supported by advertising, and will start early next year. More than 4,800 episodes will be made available online in the first year"

(make sure you read the entire article...this is going to get very big in a hurry based on the type of companies now getting involved)

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Yes, it begins. There goes any productivity I have at work. :hehe:

•••
I was up early this morning with my son watching the news and they explained further why AOL and Warner Bros are doing this. They don't want to repeat the same mistakes of the Recording industry by trying to pretend that the internet revolution would never overtake their business. They in a sense are being proactive. Also they don't want independent internet "networks" moving in with their "own" shows. Too late (well sort of) ==> www.fuel.tv (OVT w/ext 258)

btw: Did I say we had 6 months until this goes mainstream? I'd bump that up by 3 months. This .TV subforum will become even more relavent in the coming months. Just a reminder: Keep your spending in check. The .TV space will definitely play a big part in this "disruption", but don't over play your hand. Keep a few of your best cards, then play them.

Last edited:
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back