Domain Empire

advice Want my advice? Be smart: don't buy domains - Register them!

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Want my advice❓ Be smart: don't buy domains - register them❗️

• This poll is still running and the standings may change.
  • Yes , thank you

votes
    31.8%
  • No , thank you i rather buy ( Auction Drop Expired Domains )

votes
    61.4%
  • Other ( post in thread )

votes
    6.8%
  • This poll is still running and the standings may change.

Michael Ehrhardt

Top Member
Impact
Want my advice ? Be smart - don,t buy domains - register them !

Why ?

Simple :

there are thousands of good domains still available to register

example :

SmartAeromobil.com
SmartAutoDrone.com
SmartCarDrone.com
SmartFlyingCars.com
SmartFlyingDrone.com
SmartQuantumComputer.com

and many many more

Stand 10 December 2016 - no Guarantee

even .com,s for 1 GBP

AAEAAQAAAAAAAAdmAAAAJDA5YWU5MWE0LTk1MGQtNDgyYy04MDJlLWE1NGExMmE1NmIwOA.jpg

so why buy domains ( for big bucks ) and waste time ?

just kidding

some domains might be good for investing ,
but still there are many many good domains available to register...

do your homework

Want my full list ?

i recently bought :

Hackathon.Online ( @ Namecheap for 1 $ )

What is Hackathon ?

A hackathon (also known as a hack day, hackfest or codefest) is a design sprint-like event in which computer programmers and others involved in software development, including graphic designers, interface designers, project managers, and others, often including subject-matter-experts, collaborate intensively on software projects.[1] Occasionally, there is a hardware component as well. Hackathons typically last between a day and a week. Some hackathons are intended simply for educational or social purposes, although in many cases the goal is to create usable software. Hackathons tend to have a specific focus, which can include the programming language used, the operating system, an application, an API, or the subject and the demographic group of the programmers. In other cases, there is no restriction on the type of software being created.

The word "hackathon" is a portmanteau of the words "hack" and "marathon", where "hack" is used in the sense of exploratory programming, not its alternate meaning as a reference to computer crime. The term seems to have been created independently by both the developers of OpenBSD and the marketing team of Sun; these usages both first happened in 1999[citation needed].

Source : https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hackathon

Why .ONLINE ?

For the online world, there may be no new TLD more fitting than .ONLINE,
because it offers a broadly defined, generic term for open registration.

.ONLINE is perfect for any brick and mortar store trying to establish an online presence – yourstore.ONLINE, for example – or for any publication,

band, artist, or writer that offers a print product as well as an online version.

.ONLINE isn’t restricted to these examples, however, and can be used by any individual or organization for any reason.

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Is

Hackathon.Online ( 0.88 $ at Namecheap )

a good quality name ❓

is

HackMarathon.com ( 1£ at Fasthosts )

a good quality name ❓

What the heck is Hackathon ❓ :)

Exactly, I wouldn't even blink an eye at this since it doesn't have high resale potential. Don't get me wrong, I hand reg from time to time but am very picky

•••
Quite simple really, when your thinking of buying a name think to yourself "would I call my business this?" if the answer is no or probably not then its pigeon sh*t. Here's an example of a few names I have purchased in the $xxx range and sold for mid-high $x,xxx

Carpool.net
TopTwenty.com
Airline.net

I like that very much

still

I got Stephanus.org for FREE ( promotion at one.com )
and sold it for 3000€

this is not a compatition
this thread is an advice

there are hundreds ( thousands of good names free and available to register )

if your focus is to buy ( auction and others ) that,s great
this needs expirience and guts ( you got these )

My focus is to register for free or cheap and sell

If there is a domain i would like, to buy i would do ( got nexusm.com at GD auction )
for 300$ ( nexusm was a company in canada ) i like that so i kept it

I bought dsds.tv Sedo Showcase ( 300$ ) and i lost it to german tv channel

dsds is deutschland sucht den superstar ( RTL Tv show - wtf )

So i am carefully to buy

Last edited:
•••
Exactly, I wouldn't even blink an eye at this since it doesn't have high resale potential. Don't get me wrong, I hand reg from time to time but am very picky

this was a Joke :xf.wink:

Hackathon
is one of the magic new Keywords
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hackathon

don,t be old school

there are so many new inventions and tech news
just open yourself

:xf.smile:

Last edited by a moderator:
•••
•••
There are a lot of great names out there still available.
I have just purchased cellphoneapps (dot) net which for the .com one someone asks for 400,000 euro on sedo, don't know if he will get that much, but oh well...

Also, I purchased the word slorps on com,net and org... #slorps is all over the social media and people uses it to showcase their snickers. Slorps was a word used by Chandler in the series Friends.

•••
There are a lot of great names out there still available.
I have just purchased cellphoneapps (dot) net which for the .com one someone asks for 400,000 euro on sedo, don't know if he will get that much, but oh well...

Also, I purchased the word slorps on com,net and org... #slorps is all over the social media and people uses it to showcase their snickers. Slorps was a word used by Chandler in the series Friends.

YES

•••
Want my advice?

don,t apply at NameCon :xf.wink:
don,t buy at NamesCon :xf.smile:

Register Register Register ...

•••
A couple of days ago ro.tax was available for register for about $100
I have checked it at uniregistry.
Now, when I check it, it says it is reserved by the registry. How?
I didn't had the money to register it then, but I have now... and I can't anymore. I was going to make a tax website for my country, Romania, RO is the country code.

Crap... my advice? Loan money and buy when you find, otherwise they will reserve it and you won't get a thing.

•••
It's not about how you get the domain; it's about the domain you get.

•••
A good bit of advice is that a domain is NOT worth what someone else with a different extension is ASKING for it. If suddenly everyone in my street wants a billion pounds for their house but nobody wan'ts to buy it doesn't mean my house is worth a billion pounds. Another bit of advice - AVOID estibot. It is useless and just mentioning a value there means I, and others, will assume you are a newbie and want way too much for your domain. Also 'premium' domains (and seems many people don't really know what they domain) are worth little to nothing in obscure extensions, let alone known spam extensions like xyz. I may have just joined namepros this month but I've been registered at DS and other places since 2003 so just passing on things I have observed.

•••
do both if your budget is limited,
but apply the same selection rules to both,
don't register whatever domain just because it is handreg

i have handregs some domains that i will not sell under 10k$

•••
A handreg is worth $0 to maybe registration fee.
If you add traffic to it that increases the value.
If it already gets traffic that increases the value.
If you build a big business around it the value increases massively to the simple formula of being worth a multiple of its revenue + registration fee.
Without any of the above it remains $0 to registration fee.
If you hand register 1000 domains and sell 1 without any of the above it means you *have* to sell that domain at least for 1001 times its registration fee to be a few dollars in pocket.
It's not hard to understand yet so many people constantly waste money.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back