Domain Empire
Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

dotGLOBAL

.GLOBALVIP Member
.GLOBAL Staff
Impact
2-character domains are released and available in this premium names list.

For prices, shoot us an email.

To search: go to home page via same link.

Piece of cake.

(This is a sponsored post.)

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Hi,

Go.global, Travel.global and Fly.global would be (more than) nice. However, I can't afford it ;)

•••
•••
•••
Given your standard pricing is premium pricing already would that make the pricing for the premium names super premium pricing then?

•••
Given your standard pricing is premium pricing already would that make the pricing for the premium names super premium pricing then?

$50 for a year is premium pricing to you? Fair enough, but it's all relative. The price has been set at that level for several reasons, and there is a wide range of pricing out there at this time.

•••
$50 for a year is premium pricing to you? Fair enough, but it's all relative. The price has been set at that level for several reasons, and there is a wide range of pricing out there at this time.

You avoided my question so I'll avoid yours :) At least your are an active registry, keep it up.

•••
@dotGLOBAL Nice to meet you in Veags.

Im still kicking myself for being the 2nd highest bidder and missing out on both Bitcoin(s).global I still have bad dreams about that live auction. LOL

Cheers!

•••
@dotGLOBAL Nice to meet you in Veags.
Haha
Im still kicking myself for being the 2nd highest bidder and missing out on both Bitcoin(s).global I still have bad dreams about that live auction. LOL

Cheers!

Haha sorry to hear ;)

•••
•••
I don't see .global doing well in the future. The extension is too many characters and it is also too pricey.

•••
I don't see .global doing well in the future. The extension is too many characters and it is also too pricey.

I disagree, especially in the context of this thread. Do.Global for instance is shorter than DoGlobal.com, so it's all relative. The position of the dot is irrelevant, as long as it makes sense.

The price is negligible for a business. It's a little on the high end for an investor who wants to buy 500 of them, but if you pick your favorite 10 domains, you'll be better off anyway, and it won't be that costly.

•••
I disagree, especially in the context of this thread. Do.Global for instance is shorter than DoGlobal.com, so it's all relative. The position of the dot is irrelevant, as long as it makes sense.

The price is negligible for a business. It's a little on the high end for an investor who wants to buy 500 of them, but if you pick your favorite 10 domains, you'll be better off anyway, and it won't be that costly.

Or you just pick 20 of your favourite domains in .world for the same price, it's not like .global are any better than .world. Rather the opposite. Not just based on my personal preference but also the quantity of sales in .com including these two words. 452 recorded sales on Namebio V.S. 1046. In that sense the pricing don't make sense.

Not saying the extension will fail, I'm sure the registry will make a healthy profit. Investors probably won't.

•••
I prefer .global over .world but the reason I didnt buy more than 1 (animal.global) is because it's too expensive. I believe they would sell much more if the price was lower.

•••
Or you just pick 20 of your favourite domains in .world for the same price, it's not like .global are any better than .world. Rather the opposite. Not just based on my personal preference but also the quantity of sales in .com including these two words. 452 recorded sales on Namebio V.S. 1046. In that sense the pricing don't make sense.

Not saying the extension will fail, I'm sure the registry will make a healthy profit. Investors probably won't.

Not sure how you can claim that World and Global is pretty much the same or even be interchangeable. First of all, "World" is a noun, and "Global" is an adjective, so that reason alone means that the ways in which they'd be used, and for what purposes, can be very different.

•••
I prefer .global over .world but the reason I didnt buy more than 1 (animal.global) is because it's too expensive. I believe they would sell much more if the price was lower.

I bet we would. But with lower price also comes more thoughtless registrations, and potentially more abusive ones. We're aiming at a slightly higher price, but with solid finances and more Corporate registrants and fewer disputes.

That doesn't mean that we're not going to run Campaigns and let the prices get lowered by the registrars every now and then. ;)

•••
Global also works in French where world doesn't. .Global is more "global".

•••
.global - extremely high renewal fees.

•••
Not sure how you can claim that World and Global is pretty much the same or even be interchangeable. First of all, "World" is a noun, and "Global" is an adjective, so that reason alone means that the ways in which they'd be used, and for what purposes, can be very different.

So? The statistics are not on your side. As an domain name investor I get six .club for the same price as one .global. The new gTLD with the most aftermarket activity whereas your extension have none. In the eyes of a domain name investor the pricing is not justified - a standard .global domain are not worth six standard .club domains.

•••
Or you just pick 20 of your favourite domains in .world for the same price

Global sounds more modern to me.

World
sounds like something my grandparents would use... no, thanks!

In the eyes of a domain name investor the pricing is not justified

This is your opinion. You don't speak for all of us. It's perfectly justifiable to me, a domain investor, using the strategy that I mentioned previously.

•••
We're all entitled to our own opinion, there's clearly not a right or wrong here, and it's still a very new situation. Time will tell.

•••
Global sounds more modern to me.

World
sounds like something my grandparents would use... no, thanks!

This is your opinion. You don't speak for all of us. It's perfectly justifiable to me, a domain investor, using the strategy that I mentioned previously.

Stats from Dec 26, 2014 until today:

The trend of new regs in .com including these words are:

world 271

V.S.

global 119.

A search on Google shows me indexed pages of the words:

World 7,630,000,000 results

V.S.

Global 2,390,000,000 results.

•••
We're all entitled to our own opinion, there's clearly not a right or wrong here, and it's still a very new situation. Time will tell.
Rational investment with a big risk factor is what I would call it.

So far I have seen one person who support your pricing model.

As a registry I would possibly do the very same thing as you do for this extension, because it will make you money and provide you less trouble. A bit like how .pro and .travel does it just without the restrictions. Healthy fruitful business, just not at my expense since there are much better alternatives around.

•••
Rational investment with a big risk factor is what I would call it.

So far I have seen one person who support your pricing model.

As a registry I would possibly do the very same thing as you do for this extension, because it will make you money and provide you less trouble. A bit like how .pro and .travel does it just without the restrictions. Healthy fruitful business, just not at my expense since there are much better alternatives around.

Are you done? I appreciate your position and I think you've made your own strategy pretty clear, and that's perfectly fine. You think .world makes more sense than .global - got it. We (obviously) see it in a slightly different way. So I suggest you go ahead and lock down some of those names then, and let those who see value in the word "global" and its inherent message invest in .global

All good. :)

•••
Ooo... Let me throw in my $1.86 (inflation... 2 cents not what it used to be). :)

A few problems that I see with many of these domain extensions (no one in particular). Yes, I will agree that certain keywords and tricky phrases will garner higher results in the form of sales numbers and often these names are kept at "premium" prices.
The problem I see is that these "premium" prices are artificially inflated with no real demand to back them up.
Demand is what drives price (as long as the Government stays out but that is another discussion).

.COM is expensive for keywords because of demand. It has demand built in from name recognition, **number** of extensions sold (i.e. availability is limited), and from the general desire by most people to own one (especially in the keywords and tricky phrases department).

Honus Wagner (T209 baseball card) is the most expensive card of all time. Not because Wagner was any good (he was mediocre at best) but because he pulled all of his cards and a very limited supply made it out into the market place. The demand is high and the supply is low and the price reflects that.

The same can be said of most anything. Flat screen TVs, when they first came out where $10,000 per. Now you can pick up 60 inches for about $1,000. The demand was high in the beginning and eventually the supply caught up and the price came down.

These are just 2 examples of price fluctuation due to supply/demand.
In the case of domain names (nTLDs)... the supply is NOT low. Quite the contrary, the supply is overrunning. The demand is mild (at best), probably more along the lines of small because right now it is just in the domain(er) wold.
There is absolutely no reason to even begin to fathom why any one extension could possibly justify the "premium" prices on many of these domains. $59,000+ to register the name and then $59,000 every year after.
60 grand is a price tag that should be only found on a decent .COM not a brand new domain name that has never been registered.

Yes these companies put forward hundreds of thousands (if not millions) of dollars to bring a particular extension to market. Whether or not that extension does well... still remains to be seen but that still does NOT justify the idea of such extreme premium price tags.

HERE IS THE KEY TO THIS!
The value of these extensions has not been established yet. Probably will not be established for many years to come so, good sound advice to these companies will be VOLUME over VALUE.
Let the volume of the domain names dictate the value. Bring down the prices to make it reasonable and desirable for domainers to want to register multiple names.
Create a scenario where people actually want your particular extension. You sacrifice a small number (keep some/many for yourself) of premium domain names to generate interest and more importantly, sales numbers.
Once you establish the volume (1m, 2m, 3m+ domains sold) then the value of the domains will be sure to follow. That is when a given extension can release the "premium" domain names for these outrageous prices that we are seeing today.

Don't fall into the XYZ or SCIENCE trap and give them away for free. That will come back and bite them in the ass when renewal time comes around.
If you make the price point palpable for common folk, then the numbers will rise and a good chance that you wont see the parabolic spikes and drops of an il-managed product.

Let the volume set the value (which is the way of domains since supply is nearly limitless), be choosy (NOT stingy) in the names that you keep for yourself, and let the market be the driving force.

Long winded (I know)... but I have to give you the full $1.86 worth because I don't give refunds.

Cheers

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back