IT.COM
NameSilo
Watch

dotGLOBAL

.GLOBALVIP Member
.GLOBAL Staff
Impact
2-character domains are released and available in this premium names list.

For prices, shoot us an email.

To search: go to home page via same link.

Piece of cake.

(This is a sponsored post.)

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
@ChubbyDfat - Great points in your post there! Most of the new extensions these days want to try and cut the "domainers" out by selling their domains for the "premium" prices a smart and good domainer once would. What is even more funny is that (like this) you see them on the forums trying to get those same domainers to pay "end user" prices for them. Why would any "Domainer" wanna support a registry that is trying to take the money from us? They start to see the money that can be made and want it for themselves, not you or me (although they'll take it from you if you're willing to pay what an end user would...so you can be the one sitting on it waiting for the day an offer comes rolling in, if ever) ;)

•••
@FPForum
I would agree with you but add (what I assume is a) fact that right now Domainers are the ONLY thing that is supporting these new extensions.
I say that with confidence because of the statistics from nTLDstats(dot)com.
If you look closely at those stats with almost any extension, you will see a patter emerge. Many of the domain names that have been purchased are parked or not utilized.
SCIENCE for example (probably the most extreme case) 38,396 (66.26%) are parked.
ROCKS (which I do support by way of 1 domain name) has 20,478 (48.89%) parked.
CLUB (which is a fan favorite) has 110,190 (57.45%) parked.
XYZ (which leads the group) has 539,813 (65.34%) parked.

With nearly 50%+/- of those extensions listed above being parked, tells me that (most likely) a good majority of them were purchased on the premise that value may come in time and not utilizing them in business form.
I know that is what I do, so I would assume that I am the average domainer (even if in hobby) and that is what we are witnessing here.

If Domainers make up the majority of domain purchases (at this point) and probably a majority of the aftermarket sales as well then it would be outright foolish of any company to try to cut them out.

Yes, Domainers (typically) do not bring the large dollars that you find a company to bring to the table, but it is domainers that are the driving mechanism behind the price. It is domainers who drive the volume and indirectly the price perceived for any given extension. Once the domainers do the footwork, then you will see the large companies swoop in and set price records for domain sales.
Those domains would be generally utilized or kept in an asset class portfolio of the given company but that is beside the point.

Again, I think any extension will do well to be choose over stingy in the domains they withhold. I think price point should really be focused on. At $5-$10, I would hazard to bet that any domainer would be willing to give lesser tier domains a chance (thus more sales) then in an extension of $50-$100.

I am picky, I would not spend $100+/- for a non premium domain name in an unproven extension. It is just not worth the speculation especially when the market is already flooding with domains/extensions.
Add in the speculation/rumor that the new net neutrality law will require anyone who is setting up a website to obtain a license before they do so (if true) would further decrease the demand for domain names.

We will have to see how this all unfolds.
I can be swayed to be a consultant for the right price if anyone is interested. :)

Cheers

•••
Many of the domain names that have been purchased are parked or not utilized.
SCIENCE for example (probably the most extreme case) 38,396 (66.26%) are parked.
ROCKS (which I do support by way of 1 domain name) has 20,478 (48.89%) parked.
CLUB (which is a fan favorite) has 110,190 (57.45%) parked.
XYZ (which leads the group) has 539,813 (65.34%) parked.

idu why park ntld domains?

•••
idu why park ntld domains?

You buy them as speculation that they may be worth something in the future.
You park them because you are not going to build them out, you are only holding onto them for speculation purposes.

This is all an assumption on my part. I am just looking at the stats and presenting the information in the way I see it.
I am going to assume the couple hundred thousand names out there have been purchased with the intent to wait and see.
Your asking a question in which I am not sure that there is one final answer to. I would assume that people park names because they are not building them out (at least that is what I do). It happens with .COMs as well. Why is Computer (dot) com parked?
Makes no sense to me but then again its probably just being held as an asset class for some company (much like art or real estate).

Just my thoughts.

Cheers

•••
•••
•••
I searched a few 2 letter .global and can't find any available. :?:

•••
I searched a few 2 letter .global and can't find any available. :?:

Where did you search for them? Best way to look for the 2-letter ones at this time (since they're on the premium names list), is to search at http://go.global

•••
Ooo... Let me throw in my $1.86 (inflation... 2 cents not what it used to be). :)

A few problems that I see with many of these domain extensions (no one in particular). Yes, I will agree that certain keywords and tricky phrases will garner higher results in the form of sales numbers and often these names are kept at "premium" prices.
The problem I see is that these "premium" prices are artificially inflated with no real demand to back them up.
Demand is what drives price (as long as the Government stays out but that is another discussion).

.COM is expensive for keywords because of demand. It has demand built in from name recognition, **number** of extensions sold (i.e. availability is limited), and from the general desire by most people to own one (especially in the keywords and tricky phrases department).

Honus Wagner (T209 baseball card) is the most expensive card of all time. Not because Wagner was any good (he was mediocre at best) but because he pulled all of his cards and a very limited supply made it out into the market place. The demand is high and the supply is low and the price reflects that.

The same can be said of most anything. Flat screen TVs, when they first came out where $10,000 per. Now you can pick up 60 inches for about $1,000. The demand was high in the beginning and eventually the supply caught up and the price came down.

These are just 2 examples of price fluctuation due to supply/demand.
In the case of domain names (nTLDs)... the supply is NOT low. Quite the contrary, the supply is overrunning. The demand is mild (at best), probably more along the lines of small because right now it is just in the domain(er) wold.
There is absolutely no reason to even begin to fathom why any one extension could possibly justify the "premium" prices on many of these domains. $59,000+ to register the name and then $59,000 every year after.
60 grand is a price tag that should be only found on a decent .COM not a brand new domain name that has never been registered.

Yes these companies put forward hundreds of thousands (if not millions) of dollars to bring a particular extension to market. Whether or not that extension does well... still remains to be seen but that still does NOT justify the idea of such extreme premium price tags.

HERE IS THE KEY TO THIS!
The value of these extensions has not been established yet. Probably will not be established for many years to come so, good sound advice to these companies will be VOLUME over VALUE.
Let the volume of the domain names dictate the value. Bring down the prices to make it reasonable and desirable for domainers to want to register multiple names.
Create a scenario where people actually want your particular extension. You sacrifice a small number (keep some/many for yourself) of premium domain names to generate interest and more importantly, sales numbers.
Once you establish the volume (1m, 2m, 3m+ domains sold) then the value of the domains will be sure to follow. That is when a given extension can release the "premium" domain names for these outrageous prices that we are seeing today.

Don't fall into the XYZ or SCIENCE trap and give them away for free. That will come back and bite them in the ass when renewal time comes around.
If you make the price point palpable for common folk, then the numbers will rise and a good chance that you wont see the parabolic spikes and drops of an il-managed product.

Let the volume set the value (which is the way of domains since supply is nearly limitless), be choosy (NOT stingy) in the names that you keep for yourself, and let the market be the driving force.

Long winded (I know)... but I have to give you the full $1.86 worth because I don't give refunds.

Cheers

So, according to you, volume should be a sole indicator of an extension's value? Any volume, or would you consider the quality of that volume aswell? Is a high number of registered domains better even if the reason for the volume is dumped prices, but with majority of them being parked pages (even beyond these initial stages of the new gTLDs) and more or less abusive registrations?

I agree that some premium prices are way out of proportion, that's not what I'm saying. At all. But shouldn't a good name be considered good (although obviously NOT priced at an insane $50 000 or so), also regardless of if 100, 1000 or 50 000 "bad" names are registered?

It would be healthy for a few more variables to play in, rather than pure volume. Interesting points tho, for sure. Thanks for your input!

•••
Where did you search for them? Best way to look for the 2-letter ones at this time (since they're on the premium names list), is to search at http://go.global

It was 101domain but .global isn't listed in the email, my bad.

•••
It was 101domain but .global isn't listed in the email, my bad.

Ah, yeah, we're actually working with 101 on solving that as we speak. Hopefully it'll be fixed soon, but for now http://go.global is the safest bet for the 2-character and premium ones. :)

•••
I don't see .global doing well in the future. The extension is too many characters and it is also too pricey.

I don't know anything much at all about .global domains, but their decision to press the 'dislike' button on the above quoted post is enough for me to decide that they are perhaps a business to be avoided.

What sort of business publicly declares their dislike for the honest opinion of a consumer and potential customer? As for the argument about Global vs World...... well both are written in English..... approximately 4 in every 5 people on this planet will not even understand the words 'global' or 'world', by virtue of not being able to read English..... so both extensions are stupid.

Expecting a dislike any minute now.....

•••
I don't know anything much at all about .global domains, but their decision to press the 'dislike' button on the above quoted post is enough for me to decide that they are perhaps a business to be avoided.

What sort of business publicly declares their dislike for the honest opinion of a consumer and potential customer? As for the argument about Global vs World...... well both are written in English..... approximately 4 in every 5 people on this planet will not even understand the words 'global' or 'world', by virtue of not being able to read English..... so both extensions are stupid.

Seems like we place a bit of a different value in what a "like" or "dislike" means. There are also several posts that are liked, which is inteded to show that we agree on what was said, the dislike simply means we disagree (not surprisingly in some cases), not placing much more value in it than that. Hope that clarifies. Didn't mean to offend you.

Regarding the world & global comment - Point is that they are not interchangeable. They would be used in different ways, and hold different meanings and potential to different people, depending on situation/purpose/idea. For non-english speakers, there are other options too. Noone claimed that either one of the new TLDs have to fit all, nor do they become useless because they don't.

We support variety and choice, and think it's a great thing.

Last edited:
•••
So, according to you, volume should be a sole indicator of an extension's value? Any volume, or would you consider the quality of that volume aswell? Is a high number of registered domains better even if the reason for the volume is dumped prices, but with majority of them being parked pages (even beyond these initial stages of the new gTLDs) and more or less abusive registrations?

I agree that some premium prices are way out of proportion, that's not what I'm saying. At all. But shouldn't a good name be considered good (although obviously NOT priced at an insane $50 000 or so), also regardless of if 100, 1000 or 50 000 "bad" names are registered?

It would be healthy for a few more variables to play in, rather than pure volume. Interesting points tho, for sure. Thanks for your input!

Yes, I would say that for TLD extensions VOLUME and PRICE POINT will set the tone. Since there is a flood extensions and a virtual unlimited number of domains that can be created from each extensions, so SUPPLY can not be a factor here.

The demand is pretty constant (+ or -) across the board for all extensions. Domainers are the ones driving the any real movement of aftermarket sales at this moment as we (domainers) hedge our bets and speculate on which extension will lead the pack. So DEMAND is not a factor here.

VOLUME necessarily equals attention. Look at XYZ for example (or even the latest attention getting SCIENCE). XYZ (in my full opinion) is a fairly mediocre domain extension and had it not posted nearly 800 thousand domain names (given away or sold) I would hazard to bet that it would be a seldom discussed extension, but it has gained some glory and notoriety by virtue of shear numbers.
SCIENCE is another prime example. It went from an obscure, newly released extension to a hot topic in the matter of 1 day, gaining 22k registrations by virtue of 1 singular registrar who gave names away for free.

The flood of these extensions means that any company will have to have go well out of its way to distinguish it self from the rest of the swill.
One can say marketing, and I would agree to a point in that regard. It has worked for CLUB who has been at it for about 10 months (+/-). CLUB also has other things going for it. PRICE POINT being one of the main factors.
CLUB has a $10-$12 price point and has sold nearly 200,000 domain names. CLUB is a good extension name (not the best sounding extension name in my opinion... but good enough for modern times), but RICH is also an equally good extension name (just going on name alone). RICH has only sold 64 domian names in roughly the same time frame.
Without looking at the data, one may be tempted to ask "why is that" and the answer is obvious!
RICH has a PRICE POINT of $2,600 -$3,000 per domain name.

Consider the evidence that domainers are the driving force behind all these extension registrations. Then consider the idea that domainers as a whole either (1) do not have the funds to spend on RICH (2) realize that they can hedge their domain speculation better with lower price point extensions (3) realize that after market sale(s) of any extension who has less then 20,000 domain name would rarely garner prices over the registration fee because the number of "premium" keywords and tricky phrases still available, then you have a recipe for non success.

I submit to you that yes, VOLUME and PRICE POINT are 2 of the major variables that a company can address in order to succeed.

PRICE POINT = VOLUME. VOLUME = interest/attention.
Interest/attention "can" = sales

Just food for thought.

Cheers

•••

Global is french too

•••
•••
Is go.global on sale

in the hands of the right person/business, used in a way that we'd support and at the right price, it might be. Feel free to reach out to make an offer.

•••
Let me know your asking price?

•••
•••
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back