Dynadot

domain VRdocumentary (.com)

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

vrperception

vrperception.comTop Member
Impact
Hey guys,

Would like to have your point of view. What do you think about VRdocumentary (.com) ? Is it a bad name ? what's wrong with it ? I ask you this cause is in auction since 6 days had nearly 700 view but zero offer .
I'm working in VR 360 production and really see a good potential for this domain...so really don't understand why zero offer and would like to have you view on it :/ Thanks

logo vrdoc final red 3.jpg

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Hey guys,

Would like to have your point of view. What do you think about VRdocumentary (.com) ? Is it a bad name ? what's wrong with it ? I ask you this cause is in auction since 6 days had nearly 700 view but zero offer .
I'm working in VR 360 production and really see a good potential for this domain...so really don't understand why zero offer and would like to have you view on it :/ Thanks

Show attachment 61409

How would a business use this domain?

•••
Hey guys,

Show attachment 61409

HUGE keyword.

•••
How would a business use this domain?

A production company could use it to share his work for example ? Or could create a webvr website and put VR documentaries on it ? and probably some other way to use it... is this unrealistic ? VR documentary market is growing very fast and it's only the beginning...so don't think that is so bad...you think so ?

•••
A production company could use it to share his work for example ? Or could create a webvr website and put VR documentaries on it ? and probably some other way to use it... is this unrealistic ? VR documentary market is growing very fast and it's only the beginning...so don't think that is so bad...you think so ?

yep.. its a bit long but good keyword like tons of other similar type ones.. with countless applications and possibilities. if you would discard this one, you'd have to discard many others. and you just can't.
gl

•••

Well it's a tough one. I'm not saying someone wouldn't buy it for the reasons you stated, but I probably wouldn't invest my time on it. If your angle was to sell it to someone who would put documentaries on it then VRDocumentaries might be a better name.

That being said both names are long and the longer the name is, the harder it becomes to spell for the average joe. NameBio says there's been 5 public sales ever for "Documentary", highest being $1750, most of them parked. Documentaries/com is still parked. Documentary/com redirects to National Geographic site.

I think it's a tough sell for the average domainer. You need to either wait years for someone to come to you, or wait for the VRDocumentary market to establish itself and perhaps ask a broker to help you sell it to National Geographic or Discovery Channel.

Last edited:
•••
Hey guys,

Show attachment 61409

The name is very nice, Lucid's approach to selling may be the right one, still, and in my very modest opinion, I think it may be a name with acceptable demand, even for other investors, but when vr is in the highest.

In addition to the above, it is not yet time to auction for most of the vr names, it should not be surprising that you do not receive any offers, or that the ones you receive are of low value.

If you believe in the name, stay with him and do not get discouraged by this auction.

Luck.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back