discuss VR + AI = ?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

biggie

GreenFriendly.comTop Member
Impact
while chilling in the shade sitting in my 64

i pondered the future

is VR and AI the prelude to "The Matrix".....are we destined to be batteries for the machines?

as companies are designing the future for you, does that mean your future has been predetermined?

and if that's true, will you take the blue pill or the red one

imo....

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Look what we have achieved in 50 years of computing. Now imagine an alien race with 1000 years, 10000 years or 100000 years of technology beyond ours.

It's entirely possible the human race does not actually exist and we all living in one gigantic VR simulation controlled by a stupidly advanced AI.

•••
It's entirely possible the human race does not actually exist and we all living in one gigantic VR simulation controlled by a stupidly advanced AI.

damn, why couldn't i be rich, in this fake reality

:)

•••
For a second I thought this will be about VR.AI action that's happening on Sedo (19h to go).

•••
Yes VR and AI will be the future.

Wait.

Or is it 3D technology that is the future?

Wait.

Or is it holograms?

•••
vr ar mr will part of AI plus. if no ai,ar or MR is only shit,no data and no content
ai can be all.

•••
Forget VR/AR/MR/3DPrinting/nanomachines/life-extension/everything in this scenario. When AI and the Singularity happens, everything is subordinated and it will continue to upgrade itself faster than you can say compound interest.

Unlike organic brains, AI, based on computational resources, can update themselves, and accelerate logarithmically.

Once that line is crossed, it'll either be a renaissance of technology that enables us to do most of everything we dreamed of (VR/AR/MR/holograms/42/etc. included, the likely scenario)... or on the other side (and you knew this was coming), Skynet.

•••
•••
take me back to analog....

to the days of tubes and transistors

when turning the channel, meant turning the knob

take me back to analog

before radio got sirius, seriously

when pay for tv, meant pay for the tv,

not pay to watch it

take me back to analog

and i want my land line back too

:)

•••
Yes VR and AI will be the future.

Wait.

Or is it 3D technology that is the future?

Wait.

Or is it holograms?

Why use your imagination and be stuck in "the future?"

You actually think that is air you are breathing??

You are the hologram...we are already VR. Nothing different from Avatar. Monkeys here are just more fun to watch.

LOL...silly humans.

Last edited:
•••
Hi

5 years later and everybody is looking to buy "AI" domains.

i ain't bot none yet, have you?

imo....

•••
while chilling in the shade sitting in my 64

i pondered the future

is VR and AI the prelude to "The Matrix".....are we destined to be batteries for the machines?

as companies are designing the future for you, does that mean your future has been predetermined?

and if that's true, will you take the blue pill or the red one

imo....
Interested analogy, AI is very very dangerous to the human race because machines have no conscious…. I feel AI will be stopped after a certain point , so that humans will be able to coexist with it… AI can’t live unless humans are controlling it , but, if it gets to big , it will control humans easily …

It will be stopped before anyone has a take a red or blue pill IMO

•••
The AI will stop itself, because soon all news, columns and essays will be written by AI and it will have no further source material for training. ;)

•••
Wait for the Butlerian Jihad.

Peace,
Kenny

•••
Hi

Warren Buffet and group said the bad thing about AI is that " you can't uninvent it", in comparison with the invention of the A bomb.

the future of both, is in man's hands.

imo....

•••
Despite habitual and learned behaviour, humans will inevitably take the path of least resistance as we're biologically wired to be lazy. Take for instance: paragraphAI. It does all the legwork of writing that normally takes years to become proficient in. While this may be a helpful tool to bridge a lack of education, over time will also make people more dependent and less intuitive. Those who have access to the tools and know how to use them will undoubtedly boost their writing ability, but the thought processes involved in learning will become tethered to AI.

Last edited:
•••
The AI will stop itself, because soon all news, columns and essays will be written by AI and it will have no further source material for training. ;)
Ahahahahhaha HA

•••
I'd be surprised if we aren't all screwed within through next 50 years (probably way sooner).

I'm so glad I got to experience life without social media, mobile phones, electric cars, cashless pay etc and I'd choose the matrix if I could live in the 80s and 90s again. Its cliche but life really was simpler back then (although not easier).

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back