IT.COM

Voting system

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Alop

Restricted (15-30%)
Impact
The current system is trash. I hit a dislike or disagree ya tear up? That's fine keep like/thanks anonymous but make it a bar from -5 to 10. Giving a poster +2 or -1 should be a limit

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
keep like/thanks anonymous
They’re not anonymous. Are you suggesting that we make them anonymous?

make it a bar from -5 to 10. Giving a poster +2 or -1 should be a limit
Could you explain this in more detail? It’s unclear to us what you’re suggesting.

•••
:ie I give you like and thanks but yet you at Negative 3 ...the math never added up

With the anonymous bar you are able to select Agree disagree or semi numeral just click the bar

•••
I meant semi-neutral ...and then when members see the posters bar they can see how many votes it has and where it is between -5 to 10 ...it can be little tiles with - at the begining and + at the end if it's hard for members to click the second tile in the red they can just click (-) 3 times

- | | | | | | | | +

Something like that

It's a work in project but I think less people will be able to abuse these buttons

Ps I will be taking my -5 on your post l8er I just did it for the show

Last edited:
•••
Had to remove my like and thanks due to not knowing how many times I clicked up or down

•••
the math never added up
Had to remove my like and thanks due to not knowing how many times I clicked up or down

There's a button to switch back to automatic mode (stars) from manual mode (wrench):

Screenshot 2024-04-26 at 3.11.48 PM.png

The points that you've contributed to a post are also reflected below the total:
Screenshot 2024-04-26 at 3.17.06 PM.png

Additional details on down clicks:
  1. https://www.namepros.com/threads/update-to-quick-replies-and-content-points-post-quality.1315674/
  2. https://www.namepros.com/threads/solidarity-thread.1309341/post-9062300

We hope that helps.

•••
They’re not anonymous. Are you suggesting that we make them anonymous?

No one should be influenced/bothered of the way someone else voted thats why I think the 'bar' is a better alternative

Sticking with +2/-1

Last edited:
•••
No one should be influenced/bothered of the way someone else voted thats why I think the 'bar' is a better alternative

Sticking with +2/-1
Some people are more easily influenced than others. Influence is not always negative. The written text in all forum postings can also be seen as influence, and is fortunately usually positive. All this type of information, including the visible voting behavior of influencers, can be a useful addition for newcomers to form their own opinion within the field of domain investing.

•••
•••
Some people are more easily influenced than others. Influence is not always negative. The written text in all forum postings can also be seen as influence, and is fortunately usually positive. All this type of information, including the visible voting behavior of influencers, can be a useful addition for newcomers to form their own opinion within the field of domain investing.
Its not certain but I'm saying the bar could potentially even bring more people to post to prove their point, there could become more interaction than abusing up/down button to it's maximum.

•••
I'm saying the bar could potentially even bring more people to post to prove their point, there could become more interaction than abusing up/down button to it's maximum.
Interesting! So it'd be like a virtual tug of war to make the bar dominantly reflect each user's opinion, right? The bar may be negative (red) if the majority of voters don't like the post, or it could be fully green if everyone who has voted liked the post? Is that the idea?

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back