Domain Empire

VOTE NOW: How many LLLL.coms do you own??

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

How many LLLL.coms do you currently own?

• This poll is still running and the standings may change.

votes
    23.3%
  • 1-5

votes
    37.2%
  • 6-10

votes
    9.3%
  • 11-20

votes
    8.1%
  • 21-50

votes
    8.1%
  • 51-80

votes
    5.8%
  • 81-100

votes
    2.3%
  • 101-150

votes
    0.0%
  • 151-200

vote
    1.2%
  • 201-500

votes
    0.0%
  • 501-1000

votes
    4.7%
  • 1000++

votes
    0.0%
  • This poll is still running and the standings may change.

GreenGambler

I Collect SilverVIP Member
Impact
I thought it would be interesting to see how people are buying these LLLL.coms. Whether there are hundreds of DNers w/ like one of two. Or if there are some of us w/ hundreds.

I currently own 25 but am going to be regging more in the next few days:)

Please only count your LLLL.coms (all letters). No hyphens or numbers please.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
I have around 100 LLLL.com but have over 1000 CCCC.com names.

•••
•••
i just voted.. have few hundreds.. well just stick wif all this n see what happens next

•••
I only have One LLLL.com domain which is Vhoz.com :P

•••
18 LLLL.coms here

Best one I have is probably PURB.com

•••
•••
I have 4. I like short .com names with less than 7 letters :)

•••
I have 5 or 6 and looking to register a few more soon.

•••
•••
I have 17. Anyone have any that are all vowel? I have AOIY.com.

•••
Is this worth at all? Iam really curious.

•••
•••
I have one: sqzd.com (for "squeezed")

•••
Wow, some you have a ton of these. But it seems most have 5 or less.

I just regged 5 more:) Puts me up to 30!!!
Being that there are 36,000+ registered users on NP, what if we all reg'd just 2 or 3 more LLLL.coms. They would be sold out. At least for a while:)
Just a thought.

•••
almost forget, I also have NVNU.com , nice? if u want it, let me know going cheap...

•••
Vurg - I am curious at your strategy, if you don't mind discussing it.

You seem to be saying that your confidence is that not only will the LLLL.com market mature, but the CCCC.com will as well, and within the next few years (so you won't get eaten by reg fees). I really like that idea.

I have seen the list of domains for sale by the owner of 3 character .com. At todays prices the man has done very well indeed, and the likelihood is that they will continue to appreciate. I would love to believe that I can repeat what he has done.

There is certainly risk in this investment - to my mind the biggest would be a change in the rules of the game. That does not seem likely but with the amount of money on the table it cannot be excluded.

The amount of growth of this market needed to push CCCC.coms to the levels of todays' CCC. coms - and beyond - might not be as difficult to achieve as it would seem at first blush. I note the Dotster figures you provided of a doubling of new domain registrations in 2005 and a projected further doubling in 2006. That kind of growth can feed on itself, and we may be quite early in the curve.

I hope so. My LLLL.com collection now is in the mid range of those listed here.

•••
•••
accentnepal said:
Vurg - I am curious at your strategy, if you don't mind discussing it.

Sure,

I noticed with the 3 character domain market that the following hierachy of 3 character domains exists in the 3 character valuations:
1st:NNN ,2nd:LLL, 3rd:L-L, 4th:N-N, 5th:L-N, 6th:N-L, 7th:LLN, 8th:NLL, 9th:LNN, 10th:NNL, 11th:NLN, 12th:LNL

So after the LLL runs out the 3 character domains with hyphens are the next to go. My opinion has been that once the 4 letter domains run out, the 4 character domains with hyphens in them will appear a lot more attractive than they do today and since there is only 90 thousand of them, they will be high on the agenda of people interested in short .com domain names as the next category of .com domains to receive attention. So I bought all the remaining short domains with two hyphens in them in April. (L--L.com, N--N.com, L--N.com & N--L.com + some L--L.net)

I have received some criticism that it wasn't a good idea but I have made over half my money back in two months and still have ~90% of the domains that I registered so I'm not so concerned about my critics. My main focus now is to sell off my remaining L--N.com and N--L.com quickly so I can focus on getting good selling prices for my L--L.com and N--N.com domains.) Considering that L-L.com domains are commonly selling for thousands, I don't think that it's that suprising that L--L.com domains will sell for $50+ and they have.

Last edited:
•••
OK, you are going in a direction I did not consider. Short domains with hyphens are called "two letter" domains so often, ignoring the hyphen, that their value would be increased by that image, alone. I suspect that you have very good value with your L--L and N--N .coms.

•••
Nice analysis VURG. I hadn't really thought about C--C.com value at all. I've always been told that a double hyphen kills any value a DN has, however since there are only 4 characters I am sure this rule doesn't aply to the CCCC.com market.

•••
Only one and it's for sale. :hehe:

•••
Yeah I`m collecting L--L.coms too. I have H--G N--O and L--N.com at the moment and i really like them...

And... i recived an offer on Sedo: 60$ for N--O.com! :)
so I belive in bright future for them.

P.S.
P--2.com is available at the moment! ;)

•••
I just reg'd 5 more...... .... it's down to some slim picking now but I think I got a few gems:)

When will I stop..lol... When I can't find a good unreg'd LLLL.com that is either pronouncable or could be a good acronym for something. Probably within a few more months.

•••
I am sitting comfortably in the 21-50 bracket...

•••
none :D - All the decent ones are taken - lol
But have some great .com names @ DomainNameFinder.net - some with PR!

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back