Dynadot

vodaphone.CA ??

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
I own the domain name www.vodaphone.CA

now will i run into any trademark problems with that because i have my own .CA canadian owned version of the site.

any ideas??
feedback??

thanks
Andrew

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Looking for some trouble eh! I dont know whether vod's i canada. Even if they arent and come across ur domain they gonna want it.

•••
•••
Drop the domain (recommended); try to sell it (not recommended); try to extort money from Vodafone (not recommended). This is assuming you do not have any valid business/company with this domain name.

•••
Yeah, get rid of it, it will get you into a loada troubles...

•••
I would drop the domain immediately. If they find out that you have it, they will fight you for it.

•••
pgilly
"voda" - means "water" in Russian, you can explane them, that your domain means "water phone"

•••
You might actually be allowed to have it because I don't think they have any trademarks that are valid in Canada. You can check it out, unless I'm thinking of the wrong company.

•••
kjmz
I think, you are wright and they have no trademarks in CANADA and USA, its European Company

•••
its a UK based company but has millions of subscribers worldwide. They were in China when I was there so i'm sure they are in Canada do. They do more than phone calls and txt

•••
so should i try to trademark it .. or what can i do??

should i even put a site up there..
so confused :S haha

•••
Does it make any difference that the company spell their name

VodaFone as opposed to VodaPhone

Isnt VodaFone the actual trademarked name

•••
•••
You can make your own website about mobile phones and technologies, i think...

•••
when it comes down to it
it doesnt matter if vodafone is in canada or not
same as the misspelling.. you still registered it in "bad faith" trying to ride off another companies HUGE popularity.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back