IT.COM

domain VisaCards.Co.Uk

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

MellowD

Established Member
Impact
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
There was a reason this name was available..................

Obvious trademark infringement.

Get a refund, or just drop it.

•••
trademark big problem delete from you account asap

•••
•••
Yeah, my initial thoughts were same as yours.....".UDRP bait. Dont do it"

But i researched it and found that name has been bought and sold in different extensions time and time again.

I monitored it and knew when it got deleted. Its a hand reg but aged name.

Just not interested enough to go for it considering i had better options when i considered things like price, market pool and potential agro from Visa ( of course that risk is ever present in such names)

As for appraisal I would put it at $2,000. It was sold in 07 for $2,629.

Some might argue if it sold for that amount then, it should be worth more now. Make of that what you will.

Last edited:
•••
But i researched it and found that name has been bought and sold in different extensions time and time again.

Just because others register TM names, doesn't make it right? There are plenty of Google, Amazon, IBM, Microsoft etc etc names registered all the time, they are still TM names, usually registered by newbies thinking they are going to sell it to Microsoft for $100,000, it usually ends up dropping or MS file a lawsuit and just take it from you. They can afford the $1500 costs a lost easier than you can

It wont do much for your reputation here, its a TM name, simple as that, stay away from it.

Think about it this way, if you saw someone shoplifting and they were gutting away with it, does that make it ok for you to do the same.....same scenario here....if something is morally wrong, just stay away from it, you will gain a lot more respect doing that

•••
Maybe the name sold in other TLDs, but I suspect this was from a domainer to another domainer who is now left holding the bag.

•••
Think about it this way, if you saw someone shoplifting and they were gutting away with it, does that make it ok for you to do the same.....same scenario here....if something is morally wrong, just stay away from it, you will gain a lot more respect doing that

You have to compare like with like mate. Shoplifting is out and out low life thievery. Registering a name that might be argued to be TM is at worst an infringement. Especially with this kind of name in question

Its not about morality or respect. Its about common sense. if you see a name thats obviously TM and you put your money in it then good luck to you whatever happens.

To me as a domainer morality and respect come into play more with regards to how I do business with co domainers and the public at large.

Last edited:
•••
You have to compare like with like mate. Shoplifting is out and out low life thievery. Registering a name that might be argued to be TM is at worst an infringement. Especially with this kind of name in question

Its not about morality or respect. Its about common sense. if you see a name thats obviously TM and you put your money in it then good luck to you whatever happens.

To me as a domainer morality and respect come into play more with regards to how I do business with co domainers and the public at large.

It not that complicated, its just about doing the right thing, if the shoe was on the other foot and someone was benefiting financially off a company you spent years building, you would be pissed off too

if you see a name thats obviously TM and you put your money in it then good luck to you whatever happens.

My advice to you is don't come on NP and advise people new to the industry of this kind of thing, especially being a newbie yourself, the OP is better off getting advice from some of the legal experts on this site that do this for as living.

MellowD, just place this in the legal section and you will see what the answer is, there are plenty of similar threads to read through if you don't want to, threads directly related to Visa cards etc

•••
BTW the domain dinercard.co.uk was recently awarded to complainant (Diners Club International Ltd) following a DRS decision.

Last edited:
•••
It not that complicated, its just about doing the right thing, if the shoe was on the other foot and someone was benefiting financially off a company you spent years building, you would be pissed off too
What are you on about? Of course its not complicated. A TM name is a TM name. Meaning dont register the name. If you do then good luck to you when the TM owner sues just dont come bleating to me. I said as much as this in my posts.

My advice to you is don't come on NP and advise people new to the industry of this kind of thing, especially being a newbie yourself, the OP is better off getting advice from some of the legal experts on this site that do this for as living.

My advice to you is dont come on NP and reply to posts without reading and understanding what is being said. Seems you have a template of cliches you were eager to drop regardless. I dont see how what i have said in my posts warrant all you`ve said.

Last edited:
•••
As for appraisal I would put it at $2,000

$2K for a TM name???, its much better advice to just say stay away from the name

without reading and understanding what is being said

I read everything you said by the way, and i haven't just come on NP, Ive been here for years, my advice to you is go and read the legal section for a while

Last edited:
•••
I don't think its much value because its not dot com, sorry. But you should develop it and see results no?

•••
Cover you butt buddy, visa won't take kindly to you using their trademark.

•••
Major TM issues. But I gotta admit I did the same thing at the beginning hehe =)

•••
Maybe $1000 tops to visa, so they don't have to sue you to get the name. Worthless to anybody else.

•••
Maybe $1000 tops to visa, so they don't have to sue you to get the name. Worthless to anybody else.

Visa cannot buy it. When you register a trademark you are mandated to defend it or there is a possibility you can lose the trademark. If visa gets even a whiff of it there will be a udrp.

•••
Immigration (Visas or visa cards) are nothing to do with the visa credit card therefore trademark is in no way:xf.wink: infringed upon. Just don't try to make parking revenue for credit card ads.

Last edited:
•••
Immigration (Visas) are nothing to do with the credit card therefore trademark is in no way:xf.wink: infringed upon.

VisaCard?
I think it would be really tough to defend in a udrp.

•••
I will bet you $100 that if visa wanted to buy it they could. I will bet you an aditional $100 that they wouldn't even though they could if they wanted to.

•••
VisaCard?
I think it would be really tough to defend in a udrp.
The domain name is plural not singular. visa cards work permit school visa temporary visa card , travel visa etc.

Last edited:
•••
I will bet you $100 that if visa wanted to buy it they could. I will bet you an aditional $100 that they wouldn't even though they could if they wanted to.

You need to research trademarks and the legalities thereof. I went through a udrp and it taught me a lot about trademarks.

Example... I register MapleDots

You buy MapleDots.com and offer it to me for sale.
If I buy it from you it sets a precedence for the next person that buys MapleDot.net

I would be mandated to defend myself and file a trademark infringement. If I bought it from you there is a very real possibility that the trademark would get watered down in future cases. Companies with famous trademarks will sue the pants off you and spend thousands on legal before they ever spend hundreds buying it from you.

•••
Thats why they wouldn't buy it. Lol. They could buy it if they wanted to, that is where you are wrong. They wouldn't buy it though. So I am right.

•••
The domain name is plural not singular. visa cards work permit school visa temporary visa card , travel visa etc.

There would be a lot of money spent defending a $10 domain name.
In my opinion there are far easier ways of making money.... stay clear of trademarks, I don't care how you slice it, plural or not, there is a real chance visa can come after the name.

Don't mean to argue with you @NameZest but having gone through it I can tell you I lost my domain and it cost me almost 7k to defend. I was young and stupid back then!!

•••
Every country requires you fill out a visa form (card) when entering and there are dozens of different types and over 250 countries. I have not and never will hear visa card (credit/debit) suing governments for things that existed long before credit cards existed. If anything it would be the other way round stick to immigration the domain is fine. Plus with Brexit looming it was good buy imo.

Last edited:
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back