NameSilo

.us video.us dropping

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Kate

Domainosaurus RexTop Member
Impact
video.us is now in pending-delete :lala:

Sold for 75K recently and already lost for lack of nexus compliance I guess :yell:

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
•••
Now what is worse, the buyer letting the name drop or paying 4 times what the name is really worth in the first place?

•••
snoop said:
Now what is worse, the buyer letting the name drop or paying 4 times what the name is really worth in the first place?

How are you defining "worth"? The original buyer payed what it was "worth" to the owner to part with it. A motivated buyer collecting domains in a niche.

In the Pool auction, the "worth" was the highest value placed on it by one from a group of domainers in the auction.

•••
Lasher said:
How are you defining "worth"? The original buyer payed what it was "worth" to the owner to part with it. A motivated buyer collecting domains in a niche.

In the Pool auction, the "worth" was the highest value placed on it by one from a group of domainers in the auction.

Auctions are where market prices are set, not private sales.

•••
snoop said:
Auctions are where market prices are set, not private sales.
Not true. It is a well known fact that there are two markets: (1) wholesale/reseller/domainers, and (2) end-users. Auctions set the former market; whereas, end-user sales help define the more nebulous latter market.

•••
fonzie_007 said:
Not true. It is a well known fact that there are two markets: (1) wholesale/reseller/domainers, and (2) end-users. Auctions set the former market; whereas, end-user sales help define the more nebulous latter market.

When people talk generally "enduser" prices they aren't talking about "values", they are talking about "prices" (whether they realize it or not), sometimes people pay a price which does not reflect market value especially in the case of low probability enduser sales.

There is no such thing as an item being worth two completely different amounts. Try telling an economics professor that your domain is worth $1000 and it is also worth $10,000.

Generally all items have a "market value", whilst what people actually pay might be

-too high or
-too low or
-about right

•••
Snoop what would Ireport.com have gone for at SNAP or Namejet? a lot less than what CNN paid for the domain. Now I understand where you are coming from basically saying the market is determined by open market prices an auction or an exchange and should exclude the perfect buyer. Yahoo was selling for $19 before the perfect bidder Microsoft came along and offered $31. The market was setting a price and an "END USER " came along and set a new price.

•••
equity78 said:
Snoop what would Ireport.com have gone for at SNAP or Namejet? a lot less than what CNN paid for the domain.

Would have said maybe a couple of hundred dollars for ireport.com, unless it has some traffic, it is nowhere near to being a premium domain in my view. Was a real longshot type sale.

equity78 said:
Now I understand where you are coming from basically saying the market is determined by open market prices an auction or an exchange and should exclude the perfect buyer.

Yes, because the "perfect buyer" rarely comes along and if the price they are offering is at odds with everyone else then that price has no chance of holding once a transaction takes place (like with videos.us). The same thing can occur on the other side of transaction of course, ie If I email an owner for a lll.com and he sells to me at $1000 then that transactions does not reflect market value, it simply reflects one person who has sold for way less than the name is worth.

equity78 said:
Yahoo was selling for $19 before the perfect bidder Microsoft came along and offered $31. The market was setting a price and an "END USER " came along and set a new price.

I agree, the price ($31) is above what it is worth I would say, and I'm sure the vast majority of stockholders will agree and it will be sold to Microsoft at that price.

•••
fonzie_007 said:

I agree, and it's likely that the pool sale is not an end user. Therefore the new selling price is probably what that buyer considered a wholesale price and plans to resell. I think it's highly likely it will sell for 2-3 times that within the next 18 months to an end user.

•••
Looks like the whois is updated now :)

Shows Someone in Luxemberg as the owner :)

•••
Big pocket investors. They also bought Shoppers.com for $160K at about the same time and own thousands of other domains.

•••
Beware of another nexus raid...

•••
fonzie_007 said:
Beware of another nexus raid...
Exactly and they have just been UDRPed on shoppers.com. Curious how all this will pan out...

•••
They also Bought ProSports.com for $75K (thanks to Zouzas @ Usforum.us)

•••
sdsinc said:
Exactly and they have just been UDRPed on shoppers.com. Curious how all this will pan out...

Ouch

•••
sdsinc said:
Who brought the Complaint?

•••
DVDrip said on DNF only Xedoc knows the complainant at this time.

•••
I believe the UDRP complainant may have a difficult time on this one...

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back