IT.COM

domains Video: Mark Cuban: I bought Democracy.com so it wouldn't be used by someone with a political agenda

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Lox

____Top Member
Impact
Cuban, who owns the Dallas Mavericks, also told Yahoo Finance that he does not have plans to sell the domain name.

“You can see all the domains I own,” says Cuban, in response to a question about the future of Democracy.com. “I rarely sell any.”

Video interview (Yahoo)

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
•••
•••
Wish I knew what other domains he owned . . .

•••
•••
•••
It's clear Cuban loves a good .com. Although, we know he doesn't invest in only .com companies. These were found on MarkCubanCompanies.com:

AXS.tv
Toggle.is
Biolinq.me
LVRG.ai
PerfectPost.net

Please note I did not do an exhaustive search. Interestingly found during the search was some hyphen domains and use of words in the domain not part of the company name such as "Get."

•••
Please note I did not do an exhaustive search.

I might do more of a search later,

just did a quick search at some mavs domains,

and found it interesting that somebody would brand MavsFoundation.com

meanwhile MavsFoundation.org doesn't appear to have any registration history.

upload_2019-11-25_13-29-34.png

Going against the NameBio *Foundation .org (188 recorded entries) > *Foundation.com (167 recorded entries) metric.

note: It will give domainers a bad name if somebody were to see this post, register the .org, and attempt to PPC park profit or sell it. This is, in addition to potential, and more likely legal consequences of a bad faith registration should it also be followed with a solicitation or an intent to quid pro quo profit from such a registration.

Last edited:
•••
I understand what you are saying but what if it is too late for that “appearance “ to be a fact.

Some of us (muah) think of “Maverick” and “auto-think” one of the best movies of all time. Top Gun.....

•••
I understand what you are saying but what if it is too late for that “appearance “ to be a fact.

Some of us (muah) think of “Maverick” and “auto-think” one of the best movies of all time. Top Gun.....
Turn and burn!!!

HttpsGlobal

.com

•••
hmmm not so convincing reason...let wait and see what comes up on the domain

•••
hmmm not so convincing reason...let wait and see what comes up on the domain

convinced, billionaire, hard to spend all money. im OK because US buyer. plus i like him show
Shark Tank

in all seriousness, i think he’s running for 2024 presidency. dude always politics, (why other in forum seem hate him) bought political domain.

Last edited:
•••
convinced, billionaire, hard to spend all money. im OK because US buyer. plus i like him show
Shark Tank

in all seriousness, i think he’s running for 2024 presidency. dude always politics, (why other in forum seem hate him) bought political domain.
Interesting....that why I said, we await what the domain will eventually pushout to the world

•••
Mark Cuban: I bought Democracy.com so it wouldn't be used by someone with a political agenda

Foreals?

•••
•••
•••
That "foreals" above was a sarcastic.. He's definitely got an agenda behind that purchase!

Well we’ll have to wait and see. Thepresident.com fw to his collection of toys.

•••
That "foreals" above was a sarcastic.. He's definitely got an agenda behind that purchase!
If he runs I would love to hear his platform. May give him so free consulting advice and tell him he may want to think about wording it more like this next time. “ Someone with the wrong political agenda”

Last edited:
•••
I might do more of a search later,

just did a quick search at some mavs domains,

and found it interesting that somebody would brand MavsFoundation.com

meanwhile MavsFoundation.org doesn't appear to have any registration history.

Show attachment 137054

Going against the NameBio *Foundation .org (188 recorded entries) > *Foundation.com (167 recorded entries) metric.

note: It will give domainers a bad name if somebody were to see this post, register the .org, and attempt to PPC park profit or sell it. This is, in addition to potential, and more likely legal consequences of a bad faith registration should it also be followed with a solicitation or an intent to quid pro quo profit from such a registration.
I haven’t read any ICANN rules. So if someone were to buy a domain and get profit from a FUTURE candidate that is frowned upon?? This person I assume must be in the political realm so they could ask for anything resembling a quid pro quo. Otherwise I see it no different than someone trying to get on shark tank. Now if the person whispered to Cuban “sir, you can have the domain but if you win will you get my organization a grant for .....” That’s a different story. He’s not in office so it is virtually impossible to have this discussion. With all due respect.

•••
Entrepreneurs have ideas all the time and as soon as they have an idea they buy the keyword dot com of the idea

Democracy. Com may not have been available before when mc had the idea but as soon as it was it would have been an easy sale irrespective of price

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back