Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

nickham

Established Member
Impact
Short brandable cvcvc and easy to pronounce dot com imho

What do you guys think?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Any advice would be helpful

•••
•••
Have you tried speaking to Namerific to see their thoughts? - that's all they sell.

Sounds quite cool in the technology/medicine genres

Might be worth dropping them a line to enquire.

Best of luck

•••
Thanks foe your input! I will definitely check that out.

•••
The days of valuable LLLLL .nets hasn't come. And I'm not sure it ever will. I see this as worth about $5, close to regfee. Sorry :)

Edit: My eyes saw .net, not .com. This is def higher than $5, though I wouldn't venture to go above $50 reseller, $2k enduser. The S at the end kills it, for the most part

•••
Haha, yeah im thinking end user for this one. Its 18 years old and there are a lot of companies out there right now with the word vexos in the name. No active trademarks. Im pretty new to domaining this is only my second one ever purchased. Thanks for you input!

•••
I was bored & did a bit more searching for ya:

There is a live trademark on vexos: http://tmsearch.uspto.gov/bin/showf...h&a_search=Submit+Query&a_search=Submit+Query

Also, the term seems to only be in use for gaming/anime/things like that https://www.google.com/#q=vexos I can't see any companies using the term.

After looking closer,your domain looks like a liability. I'm not too sure if this would be worth owning, for legality issues, let alone selling.This is my opinion and nothing more, but I'm wary of it :p

•••
They are dead trade marks. The only live one is for a school with the word "vexo" in it. Also the previous owner was a german engineering company. Correct me if im wrong im not a trade mark lawyer.

Edit: also with another quick search we have
vexos software engineering GmbH & Co. KG

•••
They are dead trade marks. The only live one is for a school with the word "vexo" in it. Also the previous owner was a german engineering company. Correct me if im wrong im not a trade mark lawyer.

A trademark doesn't have to be filed in order to exist (or am I misinterpreting the law?). But of course, your prospects don't seem too terribly plentiful. You said there are a lot of companies out there with the term in its name. I couldn't find any. And all ext but the .com seem to be availble. Out of curiosity, could you tell me what you've paid for this (exact number or a range, like mid 3 figures)?

•••
Mid xx
Like I said im not a lawyer
But I did another search and found
VEXOS INTERNATIONAL LLC
Vexos solutions
And that software company again

Last edited:
•••
I still think it's risky, but mid $xx isn't a bad investment. I've bought things early $xx & sold them for late $xxx. But I've bought many things for $xxx that were total losses. So whatever the case, mid $xx wasn't a bad investment for ya :)

•••
I mainly bought it becuase it sounded nice and I wanted to see how buying expired domains worked.

•••
The best domains are in the aftermarket. If I were you, I'd monitor the domain's traffic, to see if it gets anything.

Oh, I just looked: The domain is brand new: http://whois.domaintools.com/vexos.com
When a domain expires, it loses its age.So this domain is no longer 18 years old. It's new. Just to let ya know

Last edited:
•••
That kinda sucks, 18 years old was kind of a good selling point. I appreciate all your knowledge and advice though these are things I will consider as I continue my new domianing journey.

•••
Long-time users of NP know I've largely retired from domaining, to pursue a writing career (It's getting somewhere--see my sig), but I saw your domain and really wanted to look into it. You're new to this, and I know ppl can use all the help possible with it. I suggest to many: Don't buy anything just yet. Research and study as much as you can before you actually start buying.I was hired by a man, a few years ago, to sell a load of sucky domains he blinding registered. The worst part? They had a few weeks left until expiration, so I couldn't sell many of them.He LOST about $9k-10k from it. If you don't know what to buy and what kinda prices to pay, you might end up like that guy.I do contend mid $xx wasn't a bad investment in this, though I personlly wouldn't have paid $20 for it, let alone mid $xx. Still, you didn't get a severe burn, so it's all good. Good luck with your new career, and be sure to study NP. There is a plethora of wealth here!

•••
Oh I will. Im just doing this for extra income and fun at the moment. I am a full time paramedic this helps me relieve some stress.

•••
Your best bet: Save up a little cash here and there & once you get a decent amount, buy something with strong value. Of course,like I said, you should study so that way, you'll know what is worth buying. But it'd be best if you spent a decent amount on a good domain than to spend scrap change on a bunch of mediocre ones.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back