IT.COM

other Vetting procedure for sales threads

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

NickB

it's a mysteryTop Member
Impact
Can Namepros look into getting sales listings vetted?

I just looked at a thread that has been bumped for 20 pages and with one of their listings they are asking for more than the domain is listed on a Brandable website.....

How is this allowed?

It smacks of unprofessionalism from the lister and Namepros as you are allowing this to happen......

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
got to love the anonymous downvotes - I'll assume they, him or her are the ones listing crap.......as they can't seem to provide a constructive response

You list a domain on here for more than it has been accepted on SquadHelp or Brandpa then you are either incompetent or fraudulent.....

•••
I reported 2 threads from a seller who bumped their threads excessively for months and nothing was done.

Edit: I got you bro, enjoy the upvotes :xf.smile: it's just sad that NP allows such behavior.

Last edited:
•••
•••
TBH that whole thread bumping is nonsensical. Everyone should be able to bump the thread once or twice and that's it. And only if they want to update the listing, e.g. lowered price, otherwise what's the point? Imagine a reputable auction site where all the sellers just sit and write "bump" on their listings every couple of minutes. :xf.rolleyes:

•••
•••
He changed it from 15 to 40 minutes so he doesnt attract attention 👀

•••
Hold on isn't the max bumps per day per thread 6 bumps for a gold account? Did the code go haywire or did the rules changed??

•••
Maybe the limits need to be revised. Say 1 bump a day would be enough and then even a limit on the thread itself so it expires and deletes after a month. Saves the backlog of threads with thousands of bumps.

The forum format isn't suited to being used as a marketplace listing solution. It's OK for auction listing but not long term listing.

•••
He changed it from 15 to 40 minutes so he doesnt attract attention 👀
So that individual is probably trying to use the level of service that he subscribed to, likely a Gold account?
Maybe the limits need to be revised. Say 1 bump a day would be enough and then even a limit on the thread itself so it expires and deletes after a month. Saves the backlog of threads with thousands of bumps.
Right now, there clearly is a challenge for a listing to be seen due to all the bumps from the community. If there was uniformity in fixing this, so perhaps everyone was restricted to one bump a day, perhaps that would help? The problem there, of course, is that a potential enticement for paying members, such as the six bump Gold status, is then lost. Membership may be significantly impacted.

The time limitation of perhaps a month sounds interesting, but one can apparently change the title of the thread to reflect different domains, especially as domains get sold. The idea sounds like a good one, though.

•••
•••
•••
Either or, you go to fixed price he is #1 at moment
20,000+ bumps once in a while he actually logs in and changes the names.
Make money selling that program

•••
Either or, you go to fixed price he is #1 at moment
20,000+ bumps once in a while he actually logs in and changes the names.
Make money selling that program
Admittedly, I see some folks that list frequently, but also they seem to have quite a few sales. So, is the indication here that the frequent posts are working?! In which case, perhaps they will start selling the program to Namepros marketplace sellers?!

•••
hey guys ✌ I'm a Cyborg Half human 🧑, half robot 🤖.

I'll explain a few things:

1° - I'm a regular member! I don't have additional bumps or anything like that, the bump system is limited to the 'Discover' area, the bumps on 'Buy' section are infinite and anyone can do it, why? I don't know... 🤷‍♂️

2° - Why i started doing this? first it was for the visibility of the post, of course, but I realized that auto bumping a post doesn't necessarily mean more traffic, the domain is usually what makes people see your post, so auto bumping is kind of flawed too, the human factor contributes to this.

3° - since automatic bumps do not directly mean views, I will increase the time between bumps a lot, I would like a good amount of time for my post to disappear from the box in 'buy' section, and come back after a while, currently it auto bumps every 1h , but I will change it to 1H30M.

4° - I like my post to be visible even when I'm sleeping, if someone is in a different time zone than mine (-03:00 GMT) they will be able to see and contact me, and I will get back to them asap.

5° - It's not a program, and i will not sell any of this. You guys can rest assured about programs like this, because the staff is still human 😉 and this is incredibly boring and complicated to do🤦‍♂️.

Have a nice day, I'll be answering anything asked to me below. see ya 💖💖💖!!

(I'm not North-American and my English isn't very good, so if you find any mistakes, blame the other robot, Google Translate...🌎)

Last edited:
•••
got to love the anonymous downvotes - I'll assume they, him or her are the ones listing crap.......as they can't seem to provide a constructive response

You list a domain on here for more than it has been accepted on SquadHelp or Brandpa then you are either incompetent or fraudulent.....
Sorry for the long reply, it just dawned on me that maybe there was a post talking about auto-bumps, I only found this one for now... 🤔

No, I didn't downvote this thread, I actually upvoted it now, I don't know of anyone else here on the forum who uses an auto bump system either... 🤷‍♂️

I don't think you're talking about me in terms of these weird listings with high prices, I just sell cheap domains. 👀

•••
Can Namepros look into getting sales listings vetted?

I just looked at a thread that has been bumped for 20 pages and with one of their listings they are asking for more than the domain is listed on a Brandable website.....

How is this allowed?

It smacks of unprofessionalism from the lister and Namepros as you are allowing this to happen......
20 pages? Who is the noob?? i have one with 827 pages, hold ma beer!

•••
I reported 2 threads from a seller who bumped their threads excessively for months and nothing was done.

Edit: I got you bro, enjoy the upvotes :xf.smile: it's just sad that NP allows such behavior.
Hey, it's probably me, why did you report me? I'm not a monster... I just need your soul and flesh to become fully human.

•••
hey guys ✌ I'm a Cyborg Half human 🧑, half robot 🤖.

I'll explain a few things:

1° - I'm a regular member! I don't have additional bumps or anything like that, the bump system is limited to the 'Discover' area, the bumps on 'Buy' section are infinite and anyone can do it, why? I don't know... 🤷‍♂️
Are you the one in question? It's not clear to me, and the reality is anyhow that there are far more posts from other folks. I certainly never thought it was an issue with you, but that's not something that I routinely monitor.
Are you sure that the computer isn't removing any bumps that are more than the permitted 3-6/d from visibility? Perhaps there is a transitory few seconds or minutes of being seen in the right hand side of the screen for "new posts" listings on the front page? And then maybe the redundant posts are simply removed? Their system, I would think, automatically removes anything beyond the permitted bumps/day.

My preference has been doing only the level permitted for the VIP status, notably up to 3 bumps/day. Curiously, though, I was unable to see ANY listings from the past week when I clicked on the domains for sale negotiable section (Domains >MakeAnOffer). When I clicked on the$100 or $500 minimum sections, at least my posts were seen eventually there. It's not clear that the bumps really are effective anyhow. After all, there are regular "robots" that go through the thread regularly. Nine are right now are at work according to online member listing section! That, no doubt, confounds what the actual views really are for the listings. Much appears likely to simply be the very frequent "bot" traffic.

You may want to check to see what actually is being posted. Truly, I don't recall seeing your listings that much at all. There appear to be other higher frequency sellers, at least in terms of visibility. Be reassured, that, to me, you do not come across as some overzealous posting cyborg monster!

Last edited:
•••
Are you the one in question? It's not clear to me, and the reality is anyhow that there are far more posts from other folks. I certainly never thought it was an issue with you, but that's not something that I routinely monitor.
Are you sure that the computer isn't removing any bumps that are more than the permitted 3-6/d from visibility? Perhaps there is a transitory few seconds or minutes of being seen in the right hand side of the screen for "new posts" listings on the front page? And then maybe the redundant posts are simply removed? Their system, I would think, automatically removes anything beyond the permitted bumps/day.

My preference has been doing only the level permitted for the VIP status, notably up to 3 bumps/day. Curiously, though, I was unable to see ANY listings from the past week when I clicked on the domains for sale negotiable section (Domains >MakeAnOffer). When I clicked on the$100 or $500 minimum sections, at least my posts were seen eventually there. It's not clear that the bumps really are effective anyhow. After all, there are regular "robots" that go through the thread regularly. Nine are right now are at work according to online member listing section! That, no doubt, confounds what the actual views really are for the listings. Much appears likely to simply be the very frequent "bot" traffic.

You may want to check to see what actually is being posted. Truly, I don't recall seeing your listings that much at all. There appear to be other higher frequency sellers, at least in terms of visibility. Be reassured, that, to me, you do not come across as some overzealous posting cyborg monster!
Look, the logic for me to do the auto bump was like this, I saw that every time I commented on my post it went up to the top of the "Buy" section, after that only "It is too early to bump the thread" appears until it reset the time and release to bump again, so I automated this. For me this "bumps" system only makes sense if you are to up a post in (Discover>What's New>New posts), the front page of Discover.

I've never tried to somehow break the system... so I don't know about that transition time, but looking at the activity in my alerts, the bumps worked as "normal", at least following the logic above...

I believe bumps increase visibility a little, for me, if only +1 person sees the post it's already +1 customer, even if 80-90% of the viewers are bots... And I also sold a domain once when the bump happened.

You probably won't see much more of my posts, now the auto bump alternates from 1h to 1h30 each, formerly it was 7 ~ 15 minutes a year ago..., and I also don't bump multiple posts at once (to much to me), I've been seeing how the post flow to not disturb other users, posts etc...

Last edited:
•••
You probably won't see much more of my posts, now the auto bump alternates from 1h to 1h30 each, formerly it was 7 ~ 15 minutes a year ago..., and I also don't bump multiple posts at once (to much to me), I've been seeing how the post flow to not disturb other users, posts etc...
Please do it a few times per day, max.

Every time you bump, it takes an expensive slot on the main page, which is annoying. Even for people like me, that are not even following the marketplace section.

•••
It probably wasn't me in that specific post but I was quoted by MasterOfMyDomains.

Every time you bump, it takes an expensive slot on the main page, which is annoying. Even for people like me, that are not even following the marketplace section.
The main page you are speaking is the buy section right? is there any other section besides those that my post bumps?

•••
Clearly you have had some success with this, and the bump activity is apparently not a problem with the Mods. So you must be doing something right. The question is, why is it that the account limitations mention even the six bumps a day max for the Gold account, but apparently actually are allowed more frequently.

The key here is what is really permitted. Yes, ideally if everyone only did only 1-2 bumps per day, that would help make it possible for everyone to have some visibility. The challenge here is asking voluntarily for some individuals to do that, while others with the more frequent posts then end up getting even more exposure.
Is that fair? The bottom line is that if the computer doesn't impose the limits, you can't blame someone for doing what others are doing. It appears to have increased their success with sales. Thanks for sharing, both of you.

•••
•••
Clearly you have had some success with this, and the bump activity is apparently not a problem with the Mods. So you must be doing something right. The question is, why is it that the account limitations mention even the six bumps a day max for the Gold account, but apparently actually are allowed more frequently.

The key here is what is really permitted. Yes, ideally if everyone only did only 1-2 bumps per day, that would help make it possible for everyone to have some visibility. The challenge here is asking voluntarily for some individuals to do that, while others with the more frequent posts then end up getting even more exposure.
Is that fair? The bottom line is that if the computer doesn't impose the limits, you can't blame someone for doing what others are doing. It appears to have increased their success with sales. Thanks for sharing, both of you.
Well, the rules don't say anything about auto bumps or anything like that, so there would be no reason for mods to do something about it... and yes, I think there should be a limitation to make it fair too, I just automate it for the convenience of be available 24 hours a day...

•••
Back