Dynadot .com transfer sale, only $10.12 with coupon code DYNA12, available while supplies last, ends October 1, 2026.

Very interesting pending delete

Namecheap AuctionsNamecheap Auctions
Namecheap AuctionsNamecheap Auctions
NamecheapNamecheap
Watch

aww

Established Member
Impact
70
I'll take a NP$ tip if anyone thinks this is worth it and snags it :)

Google's stock ticker was just assigned.

it's "GOOG"

It so happens that GOOG.us is pending delete!

How about that? Would GOOG.us have any value?
 
Last edited:
0
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
GoDaddyGoDaddy
yep, but what TM issues AWW??
 
0
•••
i dont think it would have verygood value anyways :(

unless it just tracked teh stock
 
0
•••
I thought ticker symbols are fair game against trademark issues.
Hmm... could have sworn I read that somewhere.
 
0
•••
Originally posted by aww
I thought ticker symbols are fair game against trademark issues.
Hmm... could have sworn I read that somewhere.

Correct.
 
0
•••
Can you find the examples / rulings on this (for or against)
 
0
•••
lots of sites use "goog" name though
 
0
•••
i take it if i have the mind to develop it. GOOG.US sounds great!! googus!!hmmmm:gn: go for it if you you are planning something!
 
0
•••
how lond does i take to pend a delete. i've been waitin for a domain to delete... andit past the date
 
0
•••
0
•••
The .US registry follows slightly different timetables than .com

I remember reading that but don't remember where...
 
0
•••
They Do.

I have a feeling it's around 8.00am West coast time.

But they do drop randomly throughout the day also.

Rgds
Matt
 
0
•••
Ah randomly :) I honestly love that concept because it levels the playing field a bit. I wish .com did that!
 
0
•••
I regged a couple of GOOG names-
GoogIPO.com
GoogStock.com
GoogEngine.com

-and was first alerted to the ticker symbol here. I am selling low and attempting a rapid turnaround. If successful, will throw some real $, or at least a generous sum of NP$, your way for the heads up. aww.
 
0
•••
I'm still trying to find where I read that stock symbols are not protected as trademarks. If anyone spots this, please let me know.
 
0
•••
some one had orcl.us for sale i think and he said that there was not trademark issues
 
0
•••
I had a couple of stock names, and never had a problem...and turned a little profit on them :)
 
0
•••
(started new thread)
 
Last edited:
0
•••
Appraise.net

We're social

Escrow.com
Spaceship
Escrowly
CryptoExchange.com
Domain Recover
Catchy
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back