NameSilo

sales Very first sale

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

AndyM

Web development services, visit KingdomDesign.comTop Member
Impact
Hi folks,

I would like to ask the community to share their stories of when you started in the domain business and how long you were in before your very first sale. Maybe you could tell us why you got into domaining! If you would like to share your first domain name sale and price you are more than welcome to.

Hope your stories can inspire the rest of the community.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Hello,

my first sale was two day before, I sold hand regg domain for 55$. Im 4 months in domaining so Im still quite a newbie. I got into domaining because Im student and I wanna earn some pocket money :)

•••
Hello,

my first sale was two day before, I sold hand regg domain for 55$. Im 4 months in domaining so Im still quite a newbie. I got into domaining because Im student and I wanna earn some pocket money :)
Good job silgro12, well done you :)

•••
Already tons of stories on stuff like this.
Just read the threads on namepros.

•••
I consider myself newbie...

I am still not able to buy a domain from the aftermarket to resell it... O.o

I only hand register domains.. I am about 1 and half year domaining

at the beginning, I hand regged about 50 domains, which were all crabs

then I started reading about domaining... domain types (acronyms, generic, brandables).. checking the daily domain sales prices.. compare..

I end up with brandables... only brandables

the first domain name I sold is: p u r e 4 2 0 . com - $400 - about 4 months since I started domaining

now, I lists my brandable domains at brandbucket, brandroot, and godaddy auction

so far, my revenue is about $9k most hand reged (few backordered)... and the sold domains are about 30 domains

2 @ brand bucket, 1 @ brand root, 1 through email contact, the rest at godaddy auction

•••
Really inspiring story of you Aziz. Surely will motivate all newbie domainer here like me.
Thumbs up!

•••
Really inspiring story of you Aziz. Surely will motivate all newbie domainer here like me.
Thumbs up!

You are more than welcome

glad to hear that :xf.smile:

•••
Great story Aziz. I just sold some. My revenue is just about $2K

•••
I started in the domain/website business around 2001 as a hobby. Mainly just working on simple websites and I never made any actual money until 2004. I hand registered i o s e r . com and ended up selling it for $500 shortly thereafter. It was my first sale ever and I can remember how exciting it was, even to this day even though it wasn't that great of a domain.

I've sold quite a few domains since then, generally in the 2-400 range, but the max I've ever got out of a single domain is $1000. I sold a .BID domain the other day for $999, to someone who contacted me by email.

Most everything I have today is just hand registered, or dropped domains. I have one that I paid a couple hundred for, still waiting to flip... this is still just a hobby. I own around 40 domains at the moment.

•••
Some really good stories here. Keep them coming folks.

•••
my first sale...well, i think was here on np. the name was paralogo.com for few dollars.although the price was rediculous, the feeling of this sale was amazing, i can confirm that :)

•••
Started domain 5 months ago and sold the first domain i bought 2 months ago for 55$. Contacted by email..
The feeling is insane.. Someone is actually pays me real money for a virtual product I have.. That is something new for me haha

•••
Started domain 5 months ago and sold the first domain i bought 2 months ago for 55$. Contacted by email..
The feeling is insane.. Someone is actually pays me real money for a virtual product I have.. That is something new for me haha

haha...you are so lucky fren.....

•••
haha...you are so lucky fren.....

Yeah perhaps your'e right, i'm just relying on my hunch.. hope this "luck" continues ! :D

•••
I do domains part time with a partner, we've been buying all types of domains. We're running our own drop catching script. We also buy a ton of domains out of expiring auctions. I think our first sale was for $900 on saintlouismassagetherapy.com. Since the we've done about 8k, we're starting to get pretty serious this year and have set a goal of 50k for the year. I think we'll be able to surpass that though if all goes well. Another goal and I don't know how this will go, is to take some domains and create adsense sites.

•••
please keep this thread.. i need a tons of domaining story like this to keep my motivation and inspire. i also hope i can post some interesting story in this thread on next year.

•••
please keep this thread.. i need a tons of domaining story like this to keep my motivation and inspire. i also hope i can post some interesting story in this thread on next year.

As stated above by iowadawg there are many threads on namepros related to this subject. Probably the best and with most information about names sold and how the deals went down would be here --> https://www.namepros.com/threads/report-completed-domain-name-sales-here.83628/page-290#post-4802220

•••
Ha. I totally forgot I started this thread, over a year ago! When I started this thread I had made nothing, sold nothing, lost loads of $$$$ on crappy hand reg domains in stupid new gtld. A year on..... Quite a few sales, a website, some blog posts.

First notable sale of last year was 088840 / com , bought for $80 and sold for $335. Now wish I held it for a few months longer!

•••
I am actually really new to this field. I posted my domain in here to sell, but still no offer. :( so I don't have any story, but I will post mine if I could sell my domain.
threads/cutaen-com.937300/

•••
Mine was late last year.Two 7n hand reg($1 each) and sold both for $30.
It was an amazing experience.

•••
I really don't remember this day because it was a years ago. But! This day was like a small party for me :rolleyes:

•••
My first sale almost never happened. I offered Rehab Camp and Rehab Camps dot com to an enduser via email and they said they were possibly interested and they would get back to me by the end of the week. Two weeks later I still hadn't heard back from them and decided to send another email. They immediately responded and said they accidentally deleted the initial email and were waiting for me to send another one. Ten minutes later the transaction was complete and I had my first sale in the books.

If I hadn't sent that follow up email I would never have sold those names and quite possibly would not still be domaining

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back