NameSilo

Verisign now owns DomainState?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
I was surprised to read on DomainState index....

DomainState said:
1 April, 2005 -
Domainstate Announces New Owner: Verisign

In an effort to enhance the experience of our members, the admins, Matty, Snoopy and Safesys, have agreed to transfer ownership of the Domainstate forum to Verisign - the well respected registry operator.

The admins will be retained during a transition period of 3 days, after which Verisign staff who "know domains" will be instated to ensure that posts on the site are in keeping with the company policy of their employer.

A new "showcase" forum is to be added and will be exclusive for .cc, .tv and .bz domain names. In addition, no domain will be allowed to be listed for sale for an amount greater than $5,000 unless it is in a namespace operated by Verisign.

Membership fees are expected to double to cover the cost of these new features.

Welcome to the future!

I hope this wouldn't happen here at NP, my home

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Verisign had an very temping seven-figure offer on the table to purchase NamePros/WebDesignTalk and integrate it with GreatDomains.com, but after talking it over with armstrong and Jeff, we decided not to sell at this time.

I hope they do well with DS!

•••
1,000,000... just had to see what a seven figure looked like, it must have been tempting, thanks for hanging in there NP :)

•••
•••
•••
Tippy said:
I hate April 1st ;)

Me 2 - Think I'm going back to bed until it's over ~ :kickass:

•••
lol, brilliant, especially the "Membership fees are expected to double", and the fact that other forums, such as this one, are covering this, which results in lots of free advertising for those (few?) not yet familiar with DS.

•••
If this isnt an April Fools all I got to say is WOW!!! RJ you should have sold then started a new site.. :P

We would have all followed! :P

•••
all4cost said:
Me 2 - Think I'm going back to bed until it's over ~ :kickass:

I'm sure it's already april 2 somewhere.

•••
^^Yes, could even be almost the 3rd now too.

•••
Was this a 4/1 joke? I didn't see an official thread at DomainState saying so.

Guess I should close this thread, until next year....

RJ

•••
Yes it was 4/1 joke. it got people to go to DomainState chat and ask bout the same...

•••
-RJ- said:
Verisign had an very temping seven-figure offer on the table to purchase NamePros/WebDesignTalk and integrate it with GreatDomains.com, but after talking it over with armstrong and Jeff, we decided not to sell at this time.

I hope they do well with DS!

Was that a 4/1 joke?

I would have sold if i owned np! if it was $xxx,xxx maybe not but on $x,xxx,xxx i think its too tempting...

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back