Dynadot

Verify ownership of Domain Classified listings - Scam?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Should I worry about this

• This poll is still running and the standings may change.
  • Yes

votes
    0.0%
  • No

votes
    0.0%
  • This poll is still running and the standings may change.

tldboss

Top Member
Impact
I just received below email from flippa

"
Hi Sir

We've received a request to add domains matching this whois email address to your Flippa Domain Portfolio.

Verify ownership of these domains here

If you didn't request this, or are not clear why you are receiving this message, please forward this email to [email protected] and we'll get right on it!"

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
"we'll get right on it" doesn't sound very professional. Is the displayed email the actual link?

•••
First time receiving such an email. I have replied to flippa support, letting them know I didn't add the domain

My name is not name-here :) and have given them my flippa account

I have enabled two factor auth on my namebright account, thus where the name is

Last edited:
•••
It only looks like a Flippa domain verification email to confirm ownership. Someone probably typed in the wrong extension by mistake.

•••
I get "Can't confirm ownership" emails from flippa for pretty much all of my domains that have privacy on, they looked like my attachment.. I've never received one that looks like that though.

flippa.png

•••
"we'll get right on it" doesn't sound very professional. Is the displayed email the actual link?

True, sounds unprofessional. I didn't pick on that, because I was just suprised to get an email asking me to verify ownership when I didn't initiate anything to require verification.

Yes, I just copied the email & pasted here

From address seems legit, I just replied to same email address.

•••
It only looks like a Flippa domain verification email to confirm ownership. Someone probably typed in the wrong extension by mistake.

ok, cool, thus likely

•••
I get "Can't confirm ownership" emails from flippa for pretty much all of my domains that have privacy on, they looked like my attachment.. I've never received one that looks like that though.

Show attachment 61808

yes the name is under privacy

hopefully it was a mistake. I was just worried that someone was trying to sell the name

thanks everyone for the replies

Last edited:
•••
General rules:

Do not click on any Link from your email if you are not expected the email.

I received the same email - Just click deleted.

•••
Last edited:
•••
Edit

Last edited:
•••
thanks @NameGeni.us I didn't know I could check that way, no its not listed

I have removed the name, just not to cause problems for anyone

Hopefully, it was a mistake

Last edited:
•••
yeah, reverse whois lookups are great. I use them when I find an undeveloped domain that I like, before I contact the owner, I do a reverse whois lookup to see if they might own other domains. If they don't, then they're likely not savvy in the domain industry and I can get a good deal, if they do have other domains, I check to see if I like any of them as well, and if they aren't developed and try to make a "Package" deal which ends up being a bargain as well.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back