Dynadot

showcase .VC Showcase & Discussion

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
One of the interesting ccTLD's is .VC
Originally intended for St.Vincent, I've heard recoinings along the lines of
"Venture Capital".

Anyone have any .VC domains? Any notable sales?

I own GPS.vc, not sure what to do with it at this point.

namebio said:
ss.vc $541 2008-08-04 sedo.com
tn.vc $460 2008-01-18 afternic.com
br.vc $2,000 2008-01-16 sedo.com
22.vc $75 2008-01-10 afternic.com
mail.vc $798 2007-04-01 Sedo
doctors.vc $80 2007-02-28 AfterNic
iq.vc $400 2006-12-11 Afternic
mortgage.vc $300 2006-09-15 Afternic
poker.vc $1,655 2006-04-11 Afternic
aa.vc $2,000 2006-04-11 Sedo
tv.vc $2,000 2006-02-14 Sedo

.VC Owners - come forward!

M.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
name.vc
cloud.vc
3w.vc
hz.vc
rt.vc

•••
What kind of venture capital firm calls themselves SpatialComputing?
Spot on : they usually go for words that are easily applicable to anything, if the word has something to do with VC's, investments, funding or even finance, moreover if you see companies using the term in those industries you have a better chance to catch a fish. That is my experience with the extension.

E.g. my latest sales : Monolith, Reframe etc

•••
Recently sold A n d r o m e d a. vc for 8300
Reported on sold thread

•••
Congrats on your .vc success! I've seen in the Report Sales thread that you've sold several. Well done.

I've got a few questions if you don't mind: How many .vc domains do you own? Do you handreg or buy from expired auctions? Do you drop them after the first year or do you renew them?
Thank you! I own around 275 and adding a few strictly when I see opportunity. Not many good ones dropping unfortunately and the really nice ones going for 250-900 at auction which for my personal point of view does not make any sense to pay especially when it comes to scale up on those. So I either dropreg ( not much quality lately ) or pay very low at auction. This supports my idea of selling in the sweet spot price range. The key here I guess as of other extensions is to get the appropriate names. Tricky extension for holding since it is min 30 bucks everywhere. Every year I review and intend to keep the best ones only. The past year I managed to get a 2.7% STR on this part of my portfolio. Not a gold mine, but if you know what you are doing it can support your .com holdings pretty well

Last edited:
•••
•••
APX.VC last sold for $9,221 on 2021-01-05 at Sedo

•••
.vc names that we've had for a while:

Match
Omega
Private
Excel
Southwest
Strategy

Our hand regs / auction wins from the past month:

Skyrocket
LLL
Optimus
Fraction

Last edited:
•••
Sold these this year in .vc

Hala 2.3k
Nemo 1.4k
Actual 2k

•••
Sold DefiFund// in this TLD this month on the 1st. I bought 3 VCs during the promo and another one acquired later

R I N G

Last edited:
•••
I own http://dn.vc/, 'DN' for "Domain Names", and I've just started a free domaining news aggregator site, like Domaining.com. It pulls snippets of new posts from dozens of industry blogs which the owners have kindly allowed me to syndicate on the site.

.VC is one of the few TLDs (that doesn't have an impossibly expensive reg fee) where you can still reg two character domains and that's what drew my interest to it. In fact, there are still some LL.vc combos available.

GPS.vc is one of the better LLL combos in any extension. You could try setting up a site with some info about GPS products and an e-store selling GPS units as an affiliate.

Last edited:
•••
Lets bring this thread back to life :xf.smile:

There are plenty of decent aftermarket sales happening over at park.io for this extension - do you have any?

I have 2

Mortgage.vc

Track.vc

•••
Aftermarket sales on Namebio for July....though Pegasus could be an end user? Pegasus Tech Ventures might of be interested in it, otherwise someone has gone big hoping for a payday.....

financial.vc 265 USD 2020-07-27 Park.io
apex.vc 155 USD 2020-07-19 Park.io
mbc.vc 104 USD 2020-07-16 Park.io
first.vc 2,013 USD 2020-07-14 Park.io
pegasus.vc 2,013 USD 2020-07-12 Park.io
cia.vc 110 USD 2020-07-10 Dynadot

•••
•••
hi, :xf.wink:
everyone, I am a domain name investor from China, nicknamed Mustang (real name Shao), I am honored to join this community to discuss domain names with everyone. It is really great here. At this time, I also want to publish my own .vc domain name, which is Ge.vc. At the same time, the annual renewal price of the .vc suffix at the registrar in China is about 28 US dollars.
Learn from everyone.

•••
I just got new handreg:
4G.vc

•••
In December 2019, I did sell Forum.vc for 2000 USD and Raw.vc for 3500 USD.

•••
I have high hopes since the majority of my .vc domains are related to existing Venture Capital firms. The ones with meanings were checked with Google Translate's Language Detection.

Keyword-based .vc domains:

Minotaur.vc
Deutsche.vc
Psyche.vc
Yeast.vc
Phyto.vc
Trippy.vc
Shroom.vc
Shrooms.vc
MagicMushroom.vc
MagicMushrooms.vc
Ablaze.vc
AER.vc (means 'air' in Romanian)
Atua.vc (means 'act' in Portuguese)
Aurus.vc (means 'golden' in Latin)
Blazar.vc
Bumble.vc
FemTech.vc
Forefather.vc
Mota.vc (means 'when' in Arabic)
Neuw.vc (means 'new' in Dutch)
Seier.vc (means 'victory' in Norvegian)
SexTech.vc
Sparking.vc
Umbra.vc (means 'shadow' in Latin)

4 character & 4L .vc domains:

1955.vc
BASF.vc
HWVP.vc
ITES.vc ( Information Technology Enabled Services )
JPIF.vc
MDMA.vc
P101.vc

3 character & 3L .vc domains:

3TS.vc
AGF.vc
ANZ.vc
AXM.vc
BMI.vc
DPZ.vc
GPB.vc
GRP.vc
GVK.vc
HCI.vc
HMI.vc
ITC.vc
JBF.vc
JMI.vc
JSV.vc
KPN.vc
MVM.vc
NBM.vc
NGH.vc
NVN.vc
NYU.vc
PEO.vc
R66.vc
RGA.vc
SDG.vc
SGI.vc
SGO.vc
SJF.vc
TGM.vc
UHG.vc
UMC.vc
VNT.vc
WSC.vc

•••
•••
•••
Apx.vc was sold for more than 9000 USD, not mine.

•••
Dart
Disc
Disk
Gist
isles
Monroe
Neighbor
Neighbors
Oar
Okay
Raisin
Saturday
Stick
Sting
Vil
Sold Sunday (.)vc for $1000 in Aug 2020

Last edited:
•••
Sold BLIND//VC today, offer came in at $100, countered $888, seller messaged $700 back, we agreed on $800.
Venue: DAN.com
Funny enough, my .vc expires today, got 25 from the last epic promo.
Got few gems I might renew with this sale, adjacent, adapter, compact, diameter, inner, apparatus, acute

•••
•••
ip.vc gets an offer a month, nothing special or worth accepting.
RG.vc
Just picked up Strike.vc a bunch of 1 words seem to be doing decent on Park.io picked this up away from there with no fanfare.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back