Dynadot .com transfer sale, only $10.12 with coupon code DYNA12, available while supplies last, ends October 31, 2026.

vB or IPB better?

SpaceshipSpaceship
Spacemail by SpaceshipSpacemail by Spaceship
SpaceshipSpaceship
Watch

1901gt

VIP Member
Impact
11
Can give me advise? :laugh:
 
0
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
GoDaddyGoDaddy
VB is better-- no doubt about it imho. Its much more powerful, and its designed more for larger forums. Its very customizable. A few forums you 'may' know of, that use the script ;) :

NamePros
WebHostingTalk
 
Last edited:
0
•••
phpbb

(although, from what I have heard, vBulletin would be the best choice out of the two you supplied)
 
0
•••
i use both :)
 
0
•••
VB IMHO since IPB was free its feels sorta crappy to me
 
0
•••
I sware there is one thread a week about this topic

but, i wont change my mind

vbulletin duh
 
0
•••
VB wins Hands Down - Especially now that I am able to see all The "staff" admin panel goodies :)
 
0
•••
Definitely vBulletin! :)
 
0
•••
When in Question...Look at where you are!

VBulletin. Hands down!!!!!!!!!!! If it's good enough for NamePro's It's good enough for me...No worries just make the investment in VBulletin.and no I don't sell them and or get any kick backs! :lol:

We use it in My Computer Store.com Q&A Board!!! Good Luck
 
0
•••
vbizzle.
 
0
•••
my personal preference is ipb, have always loved it
 
0
•••
99.5% vBulletin & 00.5% is IPB, i will suggest you to use vBulletin.
 
0
•••
Go with vbulettin
 
0
•••
Ok, let's say vBulletin. :)
 
0
•••
vBulletin all the way !!!! I guess vBulletin is the number one online bulletin board with high security more than the ipb new version.IPB 2.1 !
 
0
•••
All you guys who say VB is great don't actually give proper reasons.
 
0
•••
liam_d said:
All you guys who say VB is great don't actually give proper reasons.

ohhh :notme:
 
0
•••
Well it was you actually as well mate, you havnt shown any proof IPB is any more or less secure than VB.
 
Last edited:
0
•••
liam_d said:
Well it was you actually as well mate, you havnt shown any proof *Vb is any more or less secure than VB.

*IPB

I like IPB, simply because its cleaner, and cheaper.

Plus, there seem to be more mods for it.
 
0
•••
IPB looks and works much cleaner/better than VB.

I find it easier to find mods and skins for, more support options, professional office in a real location...need i go on.
 
0
•••
I agree. I have worked with both of them and IPB is about a jillion times easier to skin.
 
0
•••
DomainEasy: flexible LTO options. Close more domain deals with financing.

We're social

Escrow.com
Spaceship
Escrowly
CryptoExchange.com
Domain Recover
AIVikings
Catchy
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back