NameSilo

vB or IPB better?

Namecheap AuctionsNamecheap Auctions
SpaceshipSpaceship
SpaceshipSpaceship
Watch

1901gt

VIP Member
Impact
11
Can give me advise? :laugh:
 
0
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
GoDaddyGoDaddy
liam_d said:
...need i go on.

Yes because what you have said so far is far from the truth for 90 per cent of it.

I have used both and I'll never go back to IPB, wondering how many people who are saying IPB have actually bought VB and tested it out and what it has to offer because trust me, IPB doesn't come close to it.

Not to say IPB is crap it isn't, it's very good, it just isn't as good as VB, VB is the best there is.

If all you are worried about is 'skinning' then go with any board....

Also isn't any coicedence that on http://www.big-boards.com/ there is only 7 pages worth of boards that use IPB but 38 that use VB........

I fail to believe anyone who has used both and tested both and what it has to offer can say IPB is anywhere near as good as VB....
 
Last edited:
0
•••
liam_d said:
Well it was you actually as well mate, you havnt shown any proof IPB is any more or less secure than VB.


what do you think ? .. i dont want to have a fight ..

The truth is vB is for professional people and IPB is for clean n00bs .. thats what !!!

it is damn truth abt difference between vB and IPB ! :blink:
 
0
•••
I think VB is the best.
More functions and nicer.

It also costs less than IPB.
 
0
•••
nomis135 said:
I think VB is the best.
More functions and nicer.

It also costs less than IPB.

IPB has many functions i don't really think Vb has that many more.

And IPB yearly is cheaper while IPB lifetime is more expensive, but in the long run IPB lifetime is cheaper as you don't pay yearly for upgrades.
 
0
•••
SMF!!

nah...Vbulletin for me too..
 
0
•••
IPB 1.4 is free to use with XOOPS. So that turns the table
 
0
•••
Vbulletin...for Business usage
IPB for small communities :P
 
0
•••
I use IPB...its perfectly secure and awesome n simple 2 work around with!
 
0
•••
i vote for VB
Its the best around
 
0
•••
Yes definetly go with vbulletin!
 
0
•••
Now that vB 3.5.0 is in development, it's gonna kick some major ass! :hehe:
 
0
•••
Yeah it is and the beta is great too but when it goes gold it is going to be great.
 
0
•••
Reading this Tread show VB definitely has the lead. I'm an IPB user, never used VB, checked the demo, it's cool but like i said...i've never used it. I gotta admit, it's harder to skin than IPB but that's not all to a forum.

I'm definitely going to try this forum but it really is expensive.
imo..IPB is cool, it has great features and soon to be implemented is the RSS feature which is a great addition.

I'm a member of lots of boards that uses vb and watchin IPB develop shows they are following VB, meaning...VB would be the better one.
 
0
•••
VB is best but i run IPB as i don't want to switch because of pr ect

but once the new VB is out i will be swapping, IPB from my experiance is rubbish as i suffer every now & then from stupid database bugs...
 
0
•••
Appraise.net

We're social

Escrow.com
Spaceship
Escrowly
CryptoExchange.com
Domain Recover
AIVikings
Catchy
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back