IT.COM

discuss Using Paid Ads to promote domains?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

lknights1987

Established Member
Impact
Has anyone had any success in using Twitter ads, facebook ads, instagram ads, google ads or any other paid ads to promote domains?

Which one did you use and how much $ did you spend?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Has anyone had any success in using Twitter ads, facebook ads, instagram ads, google ads or any other paid ads to promote domains?

Which one did you use and how much $ did you spend?
Yes! I have... This is Jason Eisler - Domain Name Advisor.

I have had success running paid ads on FB, Instagram and LinkedIn running paid ads to landing pages on my WLM (White Label Marketplace) on @SquadHelp while also adding marketing exposure on SH backend to not only drive traffic to my domains but once they do land on my For Sale Landing Pages they will also then be retargetted with ads of my domains on any site that allows for google ad retargeting.
@Page Howe likes to call this tactic i use as - The Jason Eisler - Domain Name Advisor "Full Court Press!"

Last edited:
•••

I have had success running paid ads on FB, Instagram and LinkedIn running paid ads to landing pages on my WLM (White Label Marketplace) on @SquadHelp while also adding marketing exposure on SH backend to not only drive traffic to my domains but once they do land on my For Sale Landing Pages they will also then be retargetted with ads of my domains on any site that allows for google ad retargeting.
@Page Howe likes to call this tactic i use as - The Jason Eisler - Domain Name Advisor "Full Court Press!"
In order which social media platform works best for you and how much do you usually spend running paid ads to each domain?

•••
•••
I've run Google ads in the past to promote my own "brandable" type marketplaces. I made money, but I like something more sustainable that I don't have to monitor and maintain.

If you're thinking about running ads, my advice would be to have a narrow niche of domains you are driving traffic to, don't just send people to a website that lists all of your domains that are different extensions, lengths etc.

An example of a site would be only brandable 5 Letter .COM domains for sale.

A lot of people are searching Google for "short domain" type keywords.

You could buy these types of keywords:

short domain name generator
cheap short domains
short domains for sale
short domain name ideas

And send people to your homepage which has a list of 50+ short and brandable 5 letter .com domains, priced $499 - $1499

Last edited:
•••
In order which social media platform works best for you and how much do you usually spend running paid ads to each domain?
It really all depends there is no silver bullet! Just like all things it depends where your customers are, which means for every domain the answer would be different. For example a Geo+Keyword like AlabamaPlumbers(.com) i would go with Facebook because a lot of local service providers are on FB and dont even have a website/domain.
In contrast, Attorney's- Id prob go the LinkedIn route....

Those are just two examples but hope that makes sense.

•••
I use banner ads on AdVow to promote not just one domain, but my entire portfolio. Although CTR is low, but those who clicked are serious visitors. Now and then get some offers.

19-1-1589233324.png

Last edited:
•••
For a marketplace but if individual names i wouldn't waste money.

•••
I use banner ads on AdVow to promote not just one domain, but my entire portfolio. Although CTR is low, but those who clicked are serious visitors. Now and then get some offers.

Show attachment 206494
How much do the banner ads cost?

•••
This is a great topic, thanks for starting it @lknights1987, and thanks to all who have contributed. Some valuable points already.

I have not tried it for domains, but have thought about it for some time. I did use Facebook advertising in the past, not for names, and the ability to target demographic and interests is a powerful idea.

At least several of the brandable marketplaces do this (for sure SquadHelp and Alter, but I suspect they all do).

When I was researching the article on the big marketplaces I discovered that HugeDomains have a very effective targeted online ads. One of the names I examined, soon thereafter a Google (?) ad appeared on my searching with that name and an offer of a 10% discount. I can see that being effective for some names.

I agree with what was stated above that target online ads probably work best if you have a number of names in a related category.

Look forward to reading more in this discussion.

Bob

•••

When placing Facebook ads Is there any way to target your audience to avoid spam complaints?

There are not that many target audience options for domain investors or people interested in domains.

•••

Hey Jason, have you had clear success (i.e. sales or at least offers) as a direct result of the "full court press" approach? Are you still using this approach?

Thank you

•••

Which one out of FB, Instagram, and Linkedin is giving you the best results just now in terms of inquiries and sales? Also are you able to share with us what type of ad your using ie engagement, traffic, brand awareness etc ?

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back