IT.COM

Use Afternic not Dan

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

HostGeeks.com

Top Member
Impact
Just from a small perspective I have, it seems that my DAN landing page enabled domains are blocked at work, while Afternic landing pages are not. Squadhelp also works.

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
A domain that I track and pointing to Brandbucket is blocked by one of my tracker/ad blocker lists. Quite weird and surprising that it would be. I'm also not sure why it is in the blocklist.

•••
I'm working through a lot of different companies blockers and this depends by the system.
DAN is blocked on higher percentage of systems but Afternic is also not allowed everywhere.

Last edited:
•••
Just from a small perspective I have, it seems that my DAN landing page enabled domains are blocked at work, while Afternic landing pages are not. Squadhelp also works.

Any idea what is blocking the page?

It would be good to know the reason to make the report to @DAN.COM so they can fix the possible issue

•••
I am also experiencing the same recently , "dan.com" works fine but my landing page returns "site cannot be reached" ,but when I switch ip to another region it works fine.

my home ip + dan landing page =site cannot be reached
my home ip + dan.com = no issue
switched ip region (via vpn) + landing page = no issues

something is not working right at dan
@DAN.COM can you please look into it.

•••
I am also experiencing the same recently , "dan.com" works fine but my landing page returns "site cannot be reached" ,but when I switch ip to another region it works fine.

my home ip + dan landing page =site cannot be reached
my home ip + dan.com = no issue
switched ip region (via vpn) + landing page = no issues

something is not working right at dan
@DAN.COM can you please look into it.

What setting are you using for your sales lander?

Hosted on Dan.com ( dan.com/buy-domain/yourdomain or
your domain directly?

Maybe if you are using directly your domain, It could be on a ban list

Last edited:
•••
What setting are you using for your sales lander?

Hosted on Dan.com ( dan.com/buy-domain/yourdomain or
your domain directly?

Maybe if you are using directly your domain, It could be on a ban list
nothing out of the ordinary, nameservers pointing to Dan (ns1.dan.com and ns2.dan.com) with domains listed on dan, nothing more

•••
nothing out of the ordinary, nameservers pointing to Dan (ns1.dan.com and ns2.dan.com) with domains listed on dan, nothing more

Yes, I know

I was referring that if when you visit your domain if the URL is dan.com/buy-domain/yourdomain or if It's yourdomain.ext

In case your are using directly your domain for the landing page, try using the hosted on Dan setting and see if the page becomes accessible

Just thinking a possible solution

•••
Yes, I know

I was referring that if when you visit your domain if the URL is dan.com/buy-domain/yourdomain or if It's yourdomain.ext

In case your are using directly your domain for the landing page, try using the hosted on Dan setting and see if the page becomes accessible

Just thinking a possible solution
weird, that worked
thanks.

•••

Can you be more specific about this block? Eg what geolocale are you at, is it a corporate-wide block you're aware of, or something you simply experience? Administrations at companies can block anything for any reason. This doesn't mean all companies block Dan.

Last edited:
•••
Can you be more specific about this block? Eg what geolocale are you at, is it a corporate-wide block you're aware of, or something you simply experience? Administrations at companies can block anything for any reason. This doesn't mean all companies block Dan.

It’s an entire work network, Dan is blocked by our Cisco firewall I believe. The thing is afternic and squadhelp are not blocked, Dan is. Regardless I moved to afternic because either way afternic is more established then dan and I believe looks more pleasing to the eye for me. It may be the other way around in some other firewalls i.e Dan is allowed afternic is blocked but I chose AF. Don’t know what the block is exactly about but maybe I’ll check later at work

Last edited:
•••
So you can imagine, this work network has 10 locations, filled with people. All unable to access my landing page. Now imagine that with other networks with buildings full people all unable to get to the landing page because of the firewall

•••
If Afternic wasn't always a bug fest I'd do that but for me it's Efty, Dan or Sedo.

•••
The reason I'm asking is because I never had issues with Dan but plenty of issues with GoDaddy/Afternic emails ending up in spam. I'm also pretty sure you can bypass the block if you switch your workstation's DNS (if allowed) to e.g. Google DNS.

•••
Blocker: akamai
This is DAN
1690383730659.png

Afternic:
1690383808335.png

Last edited:
•••
Thanks. Not sure about the status of Akamai servers as they host billions of snippets of code. It may be worth passing this on to Dan.com to see what could possibly be triggering this. Both domains work for me on a typical, US-based fiber network with antivirus on.

Last edited:
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back