IT.COM

.us .US Values, BLJ.US

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

morf13

Top Member
Impact
Hi, I am curious about overall values and opinions of .US domains, and perhaps experiences here.

I just picked up BLJ.US and am wondering what to expect out of it, or what I can do with it. I know the .US, from what I have been reading, is not great, but I do like that it is 3 characters with no numbers or hyphens.

I would love to hear what people think of BLJ.US and .US domains in general, thanks

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Very weak right now. Not sure if and when they will increase. I've got a lot of LLL and a few good keyword .us and just don't see much activity at this time.

•••
Thanks, I also took a shot on a 3 character .BIZ with no numbers or hyphens, IQF.BIZ

•••
I sold a 3 premium letter .US domain for 1k middle of 2014. I paid 1k for my name in 3 letter .US domain about 5 years ago. So there are sales, but they are few and far between. I've been thinning out my .US inventory, until the big sell-off of .US domains at GoDaddy last year. Mostly registered from the inception of .US domains. I presume the big sell-off occurs every year. Seeing as I will probably reduce these purchases when they expire, by about half, I probably won't be as active in GoDaddy's next big sell-off. I just about broke-even with my purchases and the sale mentioned above. I think there is a niche for .US domains, but it is just a niche, and the domain needs to be highly commercial, and taken in most other extensions. Developed .US domains used for a real business, are still quite rare.

Even 3 premium letter .BIZ you can pick up for low $xx. And then they still probably have no resale value. I've let most of mine drop.

•••
•••
LLL.us is much better than LLL.biz!

•••
IMO I think the new gTLDs may increase value of .US - Especially if geos start taking off like .nyc, .vegas, .uk

•••
Hi, I am curious about overall values and opinions of .US domains, and perhaps experiences here.

I just picked up BLJ.US and am wondering what to expect out of it, or what I can do with it. I know the .US, from what I have been reading, is not great, but I do like that it is 3 characters with no numbers or hyphens.

I would love to hear what people think of BLJ.US and .US domains in general, thanks

BLJ.com is a real site, that's good. BLJ.net and BLJ.org are not worthy sites, and that's the downside. But considering that BLJ.com is a viable site, BLJ.us is worth hanging on to unless you get an offer in the mid $XXX or more.

•••
BLJ.com is a real site, that's good. BLJ.net and BLJ.org are not worthy sites, and that's the downside. But considering that BLJ.com is a viable site, BLJ.us is worth hanging on to unless you get an offer in the mid $XXX or more.

Thanks I likely will hang on to it, and hope I do get an offer

•••
While I have made a few nice sales, .us remains a weak extension. I can't recommend investing heavily in it. Owning a few LLL can't hurt though. They can sell. I have sold a number of LLL. But not the whole inventory. You have to be patient. It's not like buyers are lining up in front of your door to buy them.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back