IT.COM

discuss US never adopted .US? Only .COM

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
Did the US never adopt .US and always kept with .COM?

I see some good keywords in .us going for extremely cheap and even the historical records show little movement in this extension.

What happened to this? .DE took off like anything, even .CO, .IO, .CA, .IN but why not .US?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
I buy and sell premium .us, but .com is still the defacto extension of the US. It is just how it is.

Brad

•••
They aren't benefiting from local market underrated today but it will be domain holders that benefit when local becomes a more important market.

•••
It has to do with the fact that .us wasn't actually available until 2000/2001.
There are/were many countries where com/net are/were very popular because of limited availability of their ccTLD, like Finland or Norway.

•••
It has to do with the fact that .us wasn't actually available until 2000/2001.
There are/were many countries where com/net are/were very popular because of limited availability of their ccTLD, like Finland or Norway.
In 2002 general available - even .US is the FiRST ccTLD in the world & before invention of .com
But i guess ' lobby ' ( know what i mean ) :xf.wink: was in favor for .com i guess some congressman's like more or they fullish by NS ( at that time ) - saying to them that .com come from commerce when basic come from communication - because i don't see how United States Department of Defense ( that use before sale of .com / manage ) make commerce - i think the intention was for communication
But like always in history don't matter what was is was to be or will be

Personal i like more .us than .com & still bet on .us

Last edited:
•••
•••
Did the US never adopt .US and always kept with .COM?

I see some good keywords in .us going for extremely cheap and even the historical records show little movement in this extension.

What happened to this? .DE took off like anything, even .CO, .IO, .CA, .IN but why not .US?

There is more promise now.

Yes, here in the USA we aren't biased to the country code like many countries are.

However,

I'm bullish long term.

When people doubt the potential of .us - Remember ZOOM

Even after Zoom acquired the .com - they still use the .us as the main page and redirect the .com there.

.US is gaining some traction.

Though most certainly we will always prefer .com here.

ZOOM has done itself well by becoming the "XEROX" of Web Conferencing.

For those who are younger, if you said XEROX in the 1980s and 1990s - everyone knew that meant to use a copy machine.

Example: I xeroxed your business plan and sent the binded copies to the potential investor in Provo, Utah.

People use the word in our culture and we have adapted to all know what it means now when someone "zooms" in etc.

Last edited:
•••
Yeh some ccTLD request or have restrictions but in .us case is very very very easy for any around globe to reg. , buy , own a .us ( at this point ) i say many many many times ( but people don't listen to me ) that in case of a Nexus compliance ( very very very rare happen ) all have to do is to prove by a bill ( sell a domain for example ) made at some point a deal with a company ( legal entity ) or a person ( citizen US ) from USA
So dear fellows ( not from US ) go ahead and reg. .US :xf.smile: and make money

P.S. i forgot | once you prove for a specific domain ( no matter you have but you receive compliance ) with a bill or other method - Nexus don't bother again next time - and a tip from me - say to them that you are in domain names business :xf.wink:

And another tip use Epik or DynaDot for registration /keep names :xf.wink:

For novice / rookie - ' call me baby ' :xf.grin: - contact me for advice on .us reg./own

For me it's easy because i am Co-owner of Acquire LLC :-P company reg. in Great State of Washington (y)

Last edited:
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back