IT.COM

.us .US domain names?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

webdoctor777

Account Closed
Impact
Is there a market for selling .us domain names?
Does anyone buy them?
I have some keyword rich .us domains and I am not sure how I will do in selling them.

I would appreciate as much feedback as possible:)

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
You know, you will be able to register this domain name if you are a resident on the United States of America..

There are many domain name Registrars that offer .US domain registrations at reasonable rates..
Choose reputed and reliable company.

•••
There are a lot of single word and keyword rich .us domains which cannot even sell for their reg fee. I think the best strategy is to develop them. A few do sell quite well, but personally, I haven't seen any logic to the sales. It's a risky tld for a newbie, imho.

•••
I appreciate the input so far. If anyone else has opinions,etc please feel free to share:)

•••
Unfortunately the market for .us domains isn't brilliant.
Right now I don't see any prospect for improvement in the next few years.

There are some good LLL.us selling barely above regfee here. Or not selling at all.
If you have some strong generics you might be able to fetch $$$.
Now, you said you own 'keyword rich' domains so I suspect we are not talking about single words but long tail domains. They will be tough to sell I guess.

•••
I agree with Stu and Kate.

Exceptions for me always come up: Names suitable for current clients, personal interest (including but not limited to mood swings or cycles : ), defensive reg, whatever.

If you're just learning to make money selling domains (w/ no development) then I would avoid this extension. You'll find several people very fond of this extension including myself, but that means diddly squat.

•••
Yes, I have the following .us domains and I'm interested in selling them.

Hotels In Miami.us

CouponsDiscounts.us

•••
their never was a market for .us!

•••
Im hoping to hear from people with positive things to say about .us domains.
I,as an american love the concept of the .us extension. I think it represents quality and so much more! I think that there has never really been any quality advertising about .us domains.

I am very confident that the majority of americans would feel extremely proud in knowing we have a domain name extension that clearly represents the United States of America!

I would love to see some big advertising comercials on major tv networks and news channels telling everyone about the .us extension for domain names.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back