IT.COM

.us .us being advertised by major cruiseliner

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Norweigan cruises on .us? hmm
good target audience.

•••
•••
They own the .com as well.

•••
They do have the .com, but it is notable that they are actively advertising the .us and not the .com.

•••
they are only using the .us to target the US market, they are using the .com for the Norwegian market. they also have a .co.uk domain for the UK market. To me it looks a bit stupid and like a waste to be honest....they can just use the .com and build an international brand without much confusion.

•••
People seem to be missing at least some of the point of why I created this thread. The fact is that this company could be using a .com to advertise itself, but the company is using the .us instead. Using the .us domain assists the company in creating a unique USA presence and market itself directly to the USA market. I believe you will start seeing more companies, especially non-USA companies, using .us domains to more directly target the .us market (even if the companies have the .com domain).

Additionally, for all of those who do not believe the .us domainspace has any value to end users, professional marketers (at least at this company) believe there is value.

•••
The use of the .US version over the .COM is a great concept on a lot of levels. Not only is the domain geo-targeted to the United States (and the web is moving to geo-targeting), but they will also be able to more easily measure the effectiveness of their marketing campaigns in the USA by using this domain. There are a hundred other reason why this is a great concept too. Funny how companies outside the USA see the value in the ccTLD and people in the US don't!

-Bob

•••
Wonder what this does for my domain NewYorkCruises.us

:)

•••
fonzie_007 said:
They do have the .com, but it is notable that they are actively advertising the .us and not the .com.

Everyone makes mistakes ;)

•••
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back