IT.COM

advice Urgent Outbound advice

NameSilo
Watch

Bonsu

Top Member
Impact
I really need help on a particular domain. After I searched for end users and researched on the companies spending money on a particular keyword which is the exact domain I have, I realised each of the top 6 companies spend an average of $1 000 000 monthly on Google ads (if spyfu is to be believed).
So I tried to get the decision makers email address for those companies and I sent a short mail.... straight to the point 3 sentences.
After 2 hours or less one of the companies director replied my mail asking for the price. So I went back to check spyfu and realised the company spend $2.1m monthly for Google ads. This knowledge made me ask for something above my preferred price zone of low to mid $xxxx. To hiked the price to mid $xx,xxx and it's been over 24 hours with no reply.

Now I'm kind of desperate, I think I blew the deal. I don't know what next to do? Please @Josh R @alcy @Federer @JudgeMind @jideofor and others please help me......

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Wait.
24 hours is nothing for a large company.

It's almost better that you haven't heard back for 24 hours.

If you had heard back in this timeframe it would likely have been a straight "no thanks"

No medium-large sized company's have a sole decision maker. They likely have to consult other owners, partners etc etc.

Be patient and send a follow up in a week from now.

•••
I really appreciate the prompt reply. My boomerang is showing me that the message has been opened 16 times or so because I attached read receipt to it. Now I'm not sure if it's the number of times I opened it out of desperation or they are the ones opening the mail.

•••
Be humble.
sale in low x,xxx

•••
I would see what happens in a week then the reply would determine my next line of action

•••
Calm down, it can take a few months before you get the second response. Just calm down and continue with your next dn research & sale.

•••
Should I just wait for them or still send mails to other possible end users? I've contacted just 3 on my list before this positive response

•••
Feel free to contact more and be very patient I have had deals take up to 8 months so 24 hours is way too soon remember Ceo's are not like you sitting around and waiting for replies these are guys who are extremely busy with calendars fully filled with appointments even getting 5 minutes with Ceo's can be very difficult if they really want the domain they will be back but don't sit there waiting for an email to show up in your Inbox as it will make you go nuts :) Carry on with something else in the meantime . However if in a month you haven't heard anything you can follow up gently wish you great success with it and remember patience is the greatest skill in the art of negotiation. Good Luck!

•••
I really need help on a particular domain. After I searched for end users and researched on the companies spending money on a particular keyword which is the exact domain I have, I realised each of the top 6 companies spend an average of $1 000 000 monthly on Google ads (if spyfu is to be believed).
So I tried to get the decision makers email address for those companies and I sent a short mail.... straight to the point 3 sentences.
After 2 hours or less one of the companies director replied my mail asking for the price. So I went back to check spyfu and realised the company spend $2.1m monthly for Google ads. This knowledge made me ask for something above my preferred price zone of low to mid $xxxx. To hiked the price to mid $xx,xxx and it's been over 24 hours with no reply.

Now I'm kind of desperate, I think I blew the deal. I don't know what next to do? Please @Josh R @alcy @Federer @JudgeMind @jideofor and others please help me......
Is the domain getting you any type in traffic? Will need to sell them on why they should purchase this name.

•••
Should I just wait for them or still send mails to other possible end users? I've contacted just 3 on my list before this positive response
Calm down... pitch to others... besides the fact that they requested for price does not mean they will buy. The fact that they read it more than 5 times does not mean they are interested either.

•••

I know this thread is a year old. But I am just curious to know if the deal went through.

•••
It didnt :xf.frown:. Contacted him again 2 months ago and he asked the same question "How much", This time i asked for mid $xxx and he replied that they checked it out the stats and would pass on buying the domain.
He is the only one that replies my mail on this very domain....... I give up on it

•••
Interesting. When I read this first post I said to myself that it sounds like a good try but doubt it’ll go anywhere. I didn’t even realize it was a year old thread until the last two posts.

•••
hmmmm

Last edited:
•••
Considering if I should renew the domain

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back