Domain Empire

Updating Old Logo

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
Hi all,

Working with a company at the moment that has no tech at all.

Take a look at the logo below, how would you suggest it can be improved? (I'm guessing there will be a lot of ways!)

I've started by putting a gradient on as a temporary fix but it's still looking like a budget agency did it 15 years ago!

Attachments

• superbuys.png
    superbuys.png
    58.3 KB · Views: 129
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
try lower case on a Sans-serif font, like helvetica, or trebuchet. current font has to go, looks aged like 1930's classified ads

also an Icon will be very helpful ;)

•••
Change the font.Add any symbol.

•••
Try to add any kind of symbol related to your company ... Font is nice but you can still try some better font

•••
I agree with Nodws about going for a sans-serif font.

If you want to incorperate a logo into the name without using a random image, possibly consider turning the 'S' at the start or end (decide what looks best) with a $ sign, a mix of the same colour font and a gold $ sign would suit the name, I am assuming your brand is about saving money.

•••
Great, thanks guys.

Unfortunately it's a UK company so the $ won't work for us.

I'll have a look at a sans serif - what sort of logo do you think would be suitable? The brand is about saving money - it's a discount store.

+Rep, thanks!

•••
sourcez said:
Great, thanks guys.

Unfortunately it's a UK company so the $ won't work for us.

I'll have a look at a sans serif - what sort of logo do you think would be suitable? The brand is about saving money - it's a discount store.

+Rep, thanks!

The current one is so awfull, It hurts just to look at It.8^X

Well If It's a discount store use something to do with coupons for example http://images.google.pt/images?ndsp=21&um=1&hl=pt-PT&q=coupon&start=0&sa=N

So when people see it they will know what the store is about.

But hey, that's your work not mine. :p

•••
I suggest a Sans Serif font witha -25 Kerning and a nice clean symbol!

•••
It's funny because I've always thought the current one needed ditching, no-one in the company agreed with me. But even the customers aren't buying because of it!

I've currently gone with superbuys with bold super - would you suggest overlaying the text on an image though? I can't seem to be able to make a symbol work!

Thanks again :)

•••
I would not recommend using an image.. they never work well. As suggested try an icon or graphic that ties in with the business purpose, or just keep it as text - not all logos have to have icons.
I would not recommend gradients, they are quite a trend at the moment - try researching, look around you at brands that work - Coca-cola, M&S, BT, Royal Mail etc etc.

•••
The text is so simple try putting some little image or a single logo that gives a description of the
company you're working on. Blend some colors to make it look attractive for the viewers.

•••
SUPERBUYS - since it has a super word
Make it more flashy.
it gives good quality for people.

•••
•••
You need some effects in it... its so simple!

Go to youtube and check out few tutorials or I can help making you them!

Cheers!

•••
Change the font, add some strike through type lines, and bring some emboss.

•••
Thanks for all the advice so far, going to take another look at it this coming weekend :)

•••
Try adding an icon (possibly a shopping trolley) and use a sans serif font.

My other suggestion would be to try a metallic text.

My font suggestions are: NeoSans, Diavlo or Helvetica

•••
Try adding an icon (possibly a shopping trolley) and use a sans serif font.

My other suggestion would be to try a metallic text.

My font suggestions are: NeoSans, Diavlo or Helvetica

Yeap!
If he can't do it...just buy a logo

•••
Thanks for all the suggestions, I've now left them to their own devices as the top level were happy with the old logo :S

•••
hmm the log doesnt has anything, just a use of font in there. try adding some stroke, and get a icon somewhere from deviantart.com
i just used an icon and stroke and the result was a beautiful logo for my site, you can see it here :-
TechHacker | All the Tech Buzz going around at one place!

•••
Use a background color, change the font, and use some symbols.

•••
•••
So did you remodel it? Please update with any changes.

•••
THink you made some changes....

but I would also make it pop out a little more by adding light effects such as glow, also the font looks a little too big.

Maybe try keeping the 'S' large and make the rest of the text smaller

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back