domain Unusual offer received for "e-money.eu" on Sedo

NameSilo
Watch
Status
Not open for further replies.

Andu

Impact
Hello everyone,

I've just received an offer for "e-money.eu" domain on Sedo. First bid matched my asking price (domain is listed as "Make offer" not "Buy now"), which is a little bit odd, because bidders tend to offer lower price first.

I'm wondering what is the reason:
- buyer is in hurry
- it's a fake offer to check my price expectation
- maybe something happened in EU regarding e-money / digital currencies recently? I mean some new business projects, law regulations etc. which might increase value of this kind of .eu domain. The only new thing I aware of is new AML regulations in EU (AMLD4 and AMLD5), but is rather not much related to term "e-money".

Did you have similar situation, when buyers first bid matched asking price?
I will be grateful for any info or suggestions which might help me in further negotiation with current bidder on Sedo.

Appraisal of this domain from experienced domainers or buy offers are also welcome.

Regards

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
•••
Thanks for links and advice. You found articles which I missed and in one on them I've just found term "e-money license",
which might be a good starting point to further research.

Regarding my asking price I set it many years ago, before cryptocurrencies hype and just forgot about it, in this days I would set it higher, so I probably make a counter offer, but first I'll make a research about those e-money licenses.

What do you think about using help of Sedo broker? One of them send me an email with offer to help me in negotiation couple minutes after automatic email with information about received offer.

Thanks again I really appreciate your input.

Last edited:
•••
Hello everyone,

I've just received an offer for "e-money.eu" domain on Sedo. First bid matched my asking price (domain is listed as "Make offer" not "Buy now"), which is a little bit odd, because bidders tend to offer lower price first.

I'm wondering what is the reason:
- buyer is in hurry
- it's a fake offer to check my price expectation
- maybe something happened in EU regarding e-money / digital currencies recently? I mean some new business projects, law regulations etc. which might increase value of this kind of .eu domain. The only new thing I aware of is new AML regulations in EU (AMLD4 and AMLD5), but is rather not much related to term "e-money".

Did you have similar situation, when buyers first bid matched asking price?
I will be grateful for any info or suggestions which might help me in further negotiation with current bidder on Sedo.

Appraisal of this domain from experienced domainers or buy offers are also welcome.

Regards

What do you mean your asking price? Do you mean the minimum offer amount? If the latter, then that is to be expected no? Since an offer must be equal to or greater than the minimum offer price!

•••
What do you mean your asking price? Do you mean the minimum offer amount? If the latter, then that is to be expected no? Since an offer must be equal to or greater than the minimum offer price!

This is not minimum offer, this is price that buyer might expect that I will sell the domain, but I'm not obligated to sell it for that price. I suppose it is some kind of clue for buyer and I think this is Sedo's specific, but I might be wrong.

•••
This is not minimum offer, this is price that buyer might expect that I will sell the domain, but I'm not obligated to sell it for that price. I suppose it is some kind of clue for buyer and I think this is Sedo's specific, but I might be wrong.
Can you give representatives examples of what you mean?
The listing page shows this:

upload_2018-6-21_9-24-30.png

Your asking price is right there on the page. Assuming that the buyer is serious, they made an offer at your indicated asking price. How is this weird?

•••

Show attachment 91402

Your asking price is right there on the page. Assuming that the buyer is serious, they made an offer at your indicated asking price. How is this weird?
I see it that way as well. Assuming the buyer is serious If there was a BIN button it would be sold but since there isn't they did the next best thing they could do. Offered the asking price.
Sure, you could counter. Chances are they would go "wtf.....".

•••
What kind of examples you think of?

I see it that way as well. Assuming the buyer is serious If there was a BIN button it would be sold but since there isn't they did the next best thing they could do. Offered the asking price.
Sure, you could counter. Chances are they would go "wtf.....".
I've got your point. You just made me aware that bidder doesn't have to know Sedo with all their listing options. In fact he is new user and might go "wtf..." after counter.
Thanks for pointing that out.

•••

Show attachment 91402

No one did this before that's why this is odd for me. Maybe I didn't have the opportunity to deal with serious buyers on Sedo. Furthermore from buyers position I would try to get a lower price with lower first bid (why to pay 4 000 when I might pay only 3 000) unless I would be afraid that someone else will buy it first or potential price difference would be worth less than my time spent on bargaining.

I hope now you understand mine point of view. Did you have many offers for your domains on Sedo where bidders set first bid matching your asking price on "Make offer" listing?

•••
I don't see anything weird in it. Buyer saw a domain he/she liked, tried to buy it. They are probably not conversant with Sedo's different options of Buy/Make Offer etc, they saw that you had it at 4k Make Offer, and they offered 4k thinking that they would be able to proceed to buy the domain.
I think it should be fairly simple from your end, accept their offer (since you had it at make offer with 4k max, you certainly were willing to take less) and go and close this transaction and get paid:xf.smile:

Good Luck!

•••
If you're so surprised by the offer (because you're only getting one in every blue moon)...what are you waiting for? Add a BIN. Sell it. Stop finding excuses to up the price and give the potential buyer cold feet. You set the price and should have constantly been monitoring it if you considered it to have any value.

With so much choice and availability of alternate domain extensions, I would (and have) look elsewhere for an unregistered alternative if I considered a seller to be mucking around. You've a hypen domain name with a .EU address. Get rid of it, one way or another as all you have right now is renewal fees.

•••
Additionally, your questions are only ever going to create a difference of opinion.

Wonder all you like. The only definitive way to answer your questions is by adding a BIN.

Are you hoping someone on NamePros will say it's blockchain related and worth $50k? Get real.

The amount of genuine interest that you receive in private notifications will give you a ballpark figure of value. If no-one is making offers...then you've registered a dud. If you're surprised by an offer? That equally suggests that there's little interest / value in it. You've e-money.eu not money.com. You've done well to get a possible offer of more than 3 figures for it. Take it and run.

•••
•••
No one did this before that's why this is odd for me. Maybe I didn't have the opportunity to deal with serious buyers on Sedo. Furthermore from buyers position I would try to get a lower price with lower first bid (why to pay 4 000 when I might pay only 3 000) unless I would be afraid that someone else will buy it first or potential price difference would be worth less than my time spent on bargaining.

I hope now you understand mine point of view. Did you have many offers for your domains on Sedo where bidders set first bid matching your asking price on "Make offer" listing?
Nope. Unfortunately, I did not get your point or what's weird. Sorry... Good luck with the sale

•••
Simple - the buyer wants the domain and doesn't want to screw around with an Auction.

If he used the Make Offer option for 1.5k, he likely figured you would open an Auction and he would have to spend the week (or however long) messing around and risk an unknown outcome.

My guess is he just decided to buy it outright by giving you your asking price. Just accept the offer, you have zero to lose and 4k to gain.

•••
Bizarre OP post, looking a gift horse in the mouth. No way to know if the buyer is serious and will perform unless you accept.

•••
Why don't you just accept the offer? :xf.confused:

•••
Looking at the OP account registration date, i would not exclude the possibility of that he's trying to promote his useless name here. Seen that a million times at different forums.

•••
Looking at the OP account registration date, i would not exclude the possibility of that he's trying to promote his useless name here. Seen that a million times at different forums.

Most probably not.

upload_2018-6-21_19-54-18.png

@Andu: I would accept the offer. $4000 EUR is a good offer for e-money.eu

Attachments

• upload_2018-6-21_19-54-5.png
    upload_2018-6-21_19-54-5.png
    7.7 KB · Views: 49
•••
Just accept it and move on. Not every buyer likes the whole cat and mouse game of domain negotiations

•••
Of course I'm "trying to promote my useless name here", but let's keep it between us ;)
Now seriously, did you really seen someone trying to promote their domain names in such way?

@all
Thank you all for your advices and suggestions about potential reasoning of this bidder, especially Manaen for his first response with valuable link.

Most of you are telling me to sell this domain for current bid, but I would rather like to loose the client for worthless domain, than sell valuable domain for price much lower than is worth for this particular client. This applies to all my investments not only domain names. I think I understand all of you, who would sell this domain as quick as possible for this price and appreciate that you willing to share your advices with me, but I have a different approach in doing business.

I will negotiate this offer an will report here whether I'll sale this domain to this bidder or not.

•••
Who set the asking price? You did.

Suddenly it becomes more valuable because someone made an offer? Hilarious.

Good luck.

•••
I will negotiate this offer an will report here whether I'll sale this domain to this bidder or not.
Why do you keep referring to him/her as a bidder? By agreeing to pay your asking price, they are not a bidder, they are a BUYER.

Upping the price at this point is a real jerk move. Don't be surprised if they report you to Sedo for refusing to sell at the listed asking price.

•••
•••
Ah, ok. I stand corrected on that point.

•••
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back