Dynadot

UnitedKingdom.science deleted

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

kite26

Fearless BirdTop Member
Impact
Yesterday namecheap send me mail and said me that they deleted unitedkingdom.science from my account, because ''During a recent compliance review, the domain name was identified as domain name which is prohibited from being registered by ICANN, pursuant to paragraphs 4 and 5 of Specification 5 of the Registry Agreement.'' At least i got a refund.

But...The question remains.

Why? I had never spammed about this domain name, only i set it for sale here on NP. What the hell is going on?? After that, i am willing to quit domaining. For sure.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Last edited:
•••
Yesterday namecheap send me mail and said me that they deleted unitedkingdom.science from my account, because ''During a recent compliance review, the domain name was identified as domain name which is prohibited from being registered by ICANN, pursuant to paragraphs 4 and 5 of Specification 5 of the Registry Agreement.'' At least i got a refund.

But...The question remains.

Why? I had never spammed about this domain name, only i set it for sale here on NP. What the hell is going on?? After that, i am willing to quit domaining. For sure.
Country names are on the reserved list of domain names that should not be available for registration, from what I remember. This is ICANN enforcing the regulations. It isn't anything about spam. Even it if was sold on, it would still be revoked.

Regards...jmcc

•••
Country names are on the reserved list of domain names that should not be available for registration, from what I remember. This is ICANN enforcing the regulations. It isn't anything about spam. Even it if was sold on, it would still be revoked.

Regards...jmcc
The most annoying thing is that the name seems to be available for registration. And then you lost it. Restrict these names from the start. That's all.

•••
Don't worry, the name would have little use or value because science is in decline in the United Kingdom post-Brexit.

•••
Don't worry, the name would have little use or value because science is in decline in the United Kingdom post-Brexit.
Yeah, i got refund and i regged configurations.info hehe.Thank you for the information bro.

•••
The most annoying thing is that the name seems to be available for registration. And then you lost it. Restrict these names from the start. That's all.
It has caused a lot of problems. Some famous domainers were caught with this in the launch phase for some of the new gTLDs and had these domains revoked. The rules about these reserved domains were there but there was such a rush to get everything up and running that ICANN seems to assumed that all the registrars were paying attention. The best that the registrant can hope for is a refund but it does make the registry and registrars look a bit iffy when it happens.

Regards...jmcc

•••
And you know this how?

•••
And you know this how?

Because EU science consortiums are now excluding UK universities and researchers from their group grant applications because that would weaken them. So UK researchers are already being excluded from collaborative international projects, which a lot of big science is.

Also there is a reluctance by foreign companies to invest in the UK now because that would no longer grant them access to EU markets.
No funding, no collaboration, no markets + ignorant politicians = decline, reversion to agricultural economy.

https://www.theguardian.com/educati...projects-because-of-post-brexit-funding-fears

UK scientists dropped from EU projects because of post-Brexit funding fears
Doubts over the UK’s ability to win future project grants mean some EU partners are avoiding working with British researchers

Also Brexit may break up the United Kingdom with an interesting effect on domain values.

Last edited:
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back