IT.COM

Uniregistry market

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

RU

I'm out of domaining. ~RusselAccount Closed (Requested)
Impact
Hello,

Please share your experience with Uniregistry market. What is better DNS or Uni?

Thanks.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
DNS = UNI now, it doesn't matter which one you use :)
IMO this marketplace is the best at this moment.

•••
DNS = UNI now, it doesn't matter which one you use :)
IMO this marketplace is the best at this moment.
Thank you for providing this information.

Uni market better than GD/Afternic ?

•••
Thank you for providing this information.

Uni market better than GD/Afternic ?
IMO, definetly yes, however they should improve the sale page (landing page) if they want more sales, afternic has a much better one.

•••
Uniregistry is the best if technology, interface and data are important.

It is the worst if landing page is the criterion (unfortunately, they did not even listen to feedback on landing page).

•••
Also looking for info on Uniregistry...

Seems their commission is pretty high, would you recommend them mainly for high $x,xxx + only or also for mid $xxx- $x,xxx?

Currently have lots listed with Sedo, Afternic and Flippa but looking to maximize listing exposure without being limited to exclusivity agreements, etc... thought?

•••
Uniregistry started with DNS brand, it is good and gets better with Uniregistry market. Afternic has limited payment options, for example there is no international wire as a disbursement option. Sedo has excellent transfer service and very quick payments but landing pages are oldish.

Flippa, Brandbucket and others a bit theme based markets, you may give a try. Flippa is for your quick and cheaper sales and Brandbucket as name implies for brandables.

Commissions are high everywhere, usually 20 percent flies. If you don't want to give commissions you may check Efty and Escrow integration as an alternative, do your math. Or you can try Undeveloped, it is a starter in the field and fewer commission rates, no parking just selling with nice sales landers.

•••
10% commission using BIN on Unireg now, I believe it was free on DNS.

Last edited:
•••
I have found that uniregistry have stopped emailing me when I get an enquiry on a name which means I have to manually check myself. When I first joined I'd get emailed but it just stopped for no reason.

•••
Their site seems a little buggy, like for example I just got there and it says my session is over and asked me to log in, when I was never logged in to start with. 15 seconds later it refreshes for no reason saying the same thing. I do believe that they will get it right eventually though but these new services usually take a while to smooth out the kinks...

•••
Their site seems a little buggy, like for example I just got there and it says my session is over and asked me to log in, when I was never logged in to start with. 15 seconds later it refreshes for no reason saying the same thing. I do believe that they will get it right eventually though but these new services usually take a while to smooth out the kinks...
i have the same issue..

•••
Also looking for info on Uniregistry...

Seems their commission is pretty high, would you recommend them mainly for high $x,xxx + only or also for mid $xxx- $x,xxx?

Currently have lots listed with Sedo, Afternic and Flippa but looking to maximize listing exposure without being limited to exclusivity agreements, etc... thought?

Uniregistry charge no commission if you use their platform for making domain sale UNLESS you use their brokerage service for selling your domain and they will charge you 15% and 20% when the lead is coming from DomainTools to them. Forgot to add the commission of BIN sales which I think it's 10%. Never used that because I am totally against using BIN.

Last edited:
•••
I have found that uniregistry have stopped emailing me when I get an enquiry on a name which means I have to manually check myself. When I first joined I'd get emailed but it just stopped for no reason.

You can always contact their support by submitting ticket which is quite slow in responding or Skype to Frank Pavilonis who always listen and fixes at least my issues on rather swiftly.

When DNS/Uni Market was merged, there were some problems like not receiving emails but for quite some time the issue have been resolved at my end.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back